post your soul beast build

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

I know its early but , base on what we saw and play beta weekend and street test
plz share your builds so when pof hit we all can try them and improve them
ty

in Ranger

Posted by: raitoski.4952

raitoski.4952

I’m kinda new here and looking for opinion on how good or stupid my build are. I’ll make it short. I’m thinking about going full Valkyrie sets. With Longbow and Short bow as my choice of weapons. With Sigil of Energy and Doom attached on both of them. Oh, and full of Rune of Evasion for the armors. The traits are WS/MM/SB

WS
Adept – Taste for Danger- The 2nd reason I pick valkryrie because of this “expertise”.
Master – Refined Toxins – More Vitality means keep above the health threshold, then keep on the poison strikes
Grand master – Poison Master – For more poisons damage.

MM
Adept – Stoneform- IF you fall below the health threshold, its activate Signet, which gain Fury, which activate Remorseless and gain Opening Strike.
Master – Brutish seal – For more Fury.
Grand master – Remorseless – to regain Opening Strike when you gain Fury.

SB
Adept – Unstoppable Union – To be unblockable.
Master – Predator Cunning – This build playing on poison, steal health means we can manage our health above the threshold.
Grand master – Oppressive Superiority – see this, if you could keep your health above your enemy, means its more damage!

Skills:
Healing – IDK much about this, which one is good so I’ll leave it to you all to pick it for me.
Utilities 1 – Signet of the Hunt – For the unblockable and movement speed
Utilities 2 – Signet of Stone – Survival. Make HP stay as it is.
Utilities 3 – Vulture Stance – You know why, Poison and Might.
Elite – Strength of the Pack! – Fury, Might (its yours when you meld.)

Choice of pet:
Tiger- For the pounce. Its give fury. Hey! More Fury.
Cave Spider- This one is the focus for Meld, more ferocious and power, poison, and the Worldy Impact.

The reason I’m going for Rune of evasion to regain Fury when you dodge roll. And due to Sigil of Energy and Natural Vigor, we can keep the endurance to gain Fury and Opening strike which is 100% Crits thanks to Precise Strike. This build didn’t need for Precision due to how to calculate crits chance are. Why You need Precision if Opening Strike is all you need for Crits. All we need to do then keep our ferocity and power high enough to be powerful. And this build is all I can think of to maximize the minors on SB(the MM and WS too) traits that we cant avoid to pick/choose like the major.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

A reminder: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ is updated for PoF

in Ranger

Posted by: owler.6804

owler.6804

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhN6kgXokFshXwlFgqFsMJYORuLXmLP3+bTuNBgH3EoEvXE-jlBXABieKA9Bku/gsq/AgyPefCAPoEMAACwNbz28mBu5Nv5Nv5NrNv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NvZpAWdoF-w
Day 1 WvW roaming. I will use Siamoth moste of the time. Super strong Pet with 5-10k melee bursts on low toughness targets and a super strong long aoe cc for downstate control.

(edited by owler.6804)

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’m thinking something like this. But I will likely change it as my experience grows or balances happen:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAoYVnE8Ctsgl8C2sAUtgFDBrpDEsqaMBgRXpLv62dHvlMuUA-jhSAQB3UJIFOSArbhBD8AAUwhAIg6Lio6PeZfgQq8DAnQgAAJA7SdpusLpL7SGPxT8EPxT8Y6EPxT8EPxT80ldZX2lSB8oyK-e

[In context of PvE]

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Artemes.4850

Artemes.4850

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhN6kgXokFshXwlFgqFsMJYORuLXmLP3+bTuNBgH3EoEvXE-jlBXABieKA9Bku/gsq/AgyPefCAPoEMAACwNbz28mBu5Nv5Nv5NrNv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NvZpAWdoF-w
Day 1 WvW roaming. I will use Siamoth moste of the time. Super strong Pet with 5-10k melee bursts on low toughness targets and a super strong long aoe cc for downstate control.

I’d rather play something like this. If you play sword might as well go skirmishing. No great burst on sword like on GS tho.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhN6kQFolFskFwjXgqFsMJYNBgGwEgZalzac552fbxtEpPH-jlBXABieKA9B8+EAKd/hHUCCgyPZV/JAACwNbz28mBu5Nv5Nv5NrNv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NvZpAWdoF-w

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBHhx+0JBvQHvYDvgtgAXLYpQwcadzuaXe2d7Gef6CRrAQKqyavLC-j1RBQBA4kA4Rlfa7JAcQ1fun+hXqEcf7PEA4AY+yX+yHM/8zP/8z32zP/8zP/8zP/8zXKALWpB-w

WvW zerg build, balanced vitality and toughness with a good number of invulnerabilities. without piercing i’ll pass on bows in zergs and use the axe bounce instead. still debating on using GS or not for the cleave in zergs.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: owler.6804

owler.6804

I’d rather play something like this. If you play sword might as well go skirmishing. No great burst on sword like on GS tho.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhN6kQFolFskFwjXgqFsMJYNBgGwEgZalzac552fbxtEpPH-jlBXABieKA9B8+EAKd/hHUCCgyPZV/JAACwNbz28mBu5Nv5Nv5NrNv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NvZpAWdoF-w

I put a lot of thoughts in this build and I´ll try to explain why I prefer my version over yours from a solo/duo roaming perspective. Two very important things you don´t use are stability and invulnerability. Dolyak Stance is great for ranger because it it the first time we have acces to a low cd stability skill with a stunbreak. We don´t have to rely on a high CD Elite Skill or a Signet (wait….). This skill will be a must have in my opinion. We have severeal options for invulnerability. Signet of Stone as a skill and an autoproc, Stout Pets and Black Bear. I will not roam without one of them. Because of Dolyak Stance I decided to cut Signet of Stone. Unflinching Fortitude Is the best merge skill in my opinion and i don´t want to play without it after the weekend. The bear gives even more invulnerability but on high cd and the first skill is trash tier atm. Moa Stance is a usefull skill but I don´t want to cut my other two skills because they are too strong when traited. In beta weekend and with my current ranger build (skirmish for soulbeast) damage is not a problem at all when used properly. I use and probably will always use nature magic and survival in all my ranger builds because the synergy is just so strong! Permanent protection against physical builds and a lot of condi remove against everyone in WvW right now. The synergy between Fortifying Bond and Fresh Reinforcments is nuts too! I am not a big fan of a 60 sec autostunbreak. High posion uptime is extremly usefull against warrior, druid, scrapper and dragonhunter.
I completly understand the usefulness of greatsword but I´m a sword/warhorn fanboy with the evasive gameplay and I will never cut it. :P
I hope you guys understand my thoughts. Show us your builds and let´s dicuss them!

in Ranger

Posted by: Artemes.4850

Artemes.4850

I put a lot of thoughts in this build and I´ll try to explain why I prefer my version over yours from a solo/duo roaming perspective. Two very important things you don´t use are stability and invulnerability. Dolyak Stance is great for ranger because it it the first time we have acces to a low cd stability skill with a stunbreak. We don´t have to rely on a high CD Elite Skill or a Signet (wait….). This skill will be a must have in my opinion. We have severeal options for invulnerability. Signet of Stone as a skill and an autoproc, Stout Pets and Black Bear. I will not roam without one of them. Because of Dolyak Stance I decided to cut Signet of Stone. Unflinching Fortitude Is the best merge skill in my opinion and i don´t want to play without it after the weekend. The bear gives even more invulnerability but on high cd and the first skill is trash tier atm. Moa Stance is a usefull skill but I don´t want to cut my other two skills because they are too strong when traited. In beta weekend and with my current ranger build (skirmish for soulbeast) damage is not a problem at all when used properly. I use and probably will always use nature magic and survival in all my ranger builds because the synergy is just so strong! Permanent protection against physical builds and a lot of condi remove against everyone in WvW right now. The synergy between Fortifying Bond and Fresh Reinforcments is nuts too! I am not a big fan of a 60 sec autostunbreak. High posion uptime is extremly usefull against warrior, druid, scrapper and dragonhunter.
I completly understand the usefulness of greatsword but I´m a sword/warhorn fanboy with the evasive gameplay and I will never cut it. :P
I hope you guys understand my thoughts. Show us your builds and let´s dicuss them!

Good thinking. I’m not used to sword so just told you what I thought but you’re right about synergy between nature magic and wilderness survival. I’m more of a GS fan so this is the build I will be running if I use nature magic:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTnEqAtsglsAO8CUtglJBzZyVBycNBgH3EIP3+bLulcu0A-jlBXABPoEU0LBoJQW1f49JAAgyvS3fIAACQYzbG4m38m38m3s28m38m38m38m38mlCY1hWA-w

I don’t use any Unflinshing fortitude pets cause I personaly think my survival in this build comes from high evade uptimes, protection, kiting with GS, stealth and 3 stunbreaks. And basically killing before getting killed.

Smokescale is a must for insane burst setups and second skill will probably evade correctly (like tooltip displays) so it’s also a form of ignoring dmg while keeping pressure up. Jacaranda for nice aoe heal and condi clear. Its immobilize is also pretty usefull to kite or burst. So I have my offensive and defensive pet that I can change to depending on situations.

I think this build has huge potential in roaming (if it doesn’t get nerfed to the ground), I had a lot of fun with it during beta.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTnE8CN8id8CusActglJBzJyVBycNBgGwEIf3+bPulMh3A-jVRXABOoEc09HCVXAAK/iV9HA-w

i was thinking something close to this. Maybe exchange trinkets with soldier ones if i need more defense. The build looks good, lot of condi hate, protection up a lot so it reduce condi dmg on you. I like it, the only thing i dont like are ranger weapons. Longbow lacks AOE, good ones and greatsword is melee, i dont think you would survive a lot been frontline. We have to wait and see, i like that build, other guy posted here one similar. If you want more offense skirmishing is an option i suppose, also utilities can be change like moa stance depending, probably for another survival skill.

Anyway what i feel lacking for wvw scenario, at least groups is the lack of good AOE (like rev hammer for example). Also sword/warhorn would be good since the build have some boon duration and the boons from warhorn would be nice. Sword is ok but been a melee ranger in a zerg can be mmmm bad, i wish axe was good with power or we had more options for group play with AOEs.

(edited by NemesiS.6749)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I made a build with:
3.2k power
3k armor
20k health
100% crit chance
205% critical damage
100% boon duration

Am I OP yet?

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I made a build with:
3.2k power
3k toughness
20k health
100% crit chance
205% critical damage
100% boon duration

Am I OP yet?

3k Toughness? whistles ;D

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I made a build with:
3.2k power
3k toughness
20k health
100% crit chance
205% critical damage
100% boon duration

Am I OP yet?

Fixed it :P

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Probably start with something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4fnE8Cd8ilsAusActgFDBLv6udHvNbgTQLgJAM6KdpkqNwsK-jFSFABspbgm9Hc4CAUlyvEOIA9pEEgnAQ/q/QGA/xA-w

I’ve always prefered trying to hybrid, and I fell in love with merging with Devourer’s when using a Shortbow. Having a knockback and another evade just makes the whole thing great fun.

I didn’t try using bonfire with Prelude Lash during the beta but I wish I had – sounds fun.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I made a build with:
3.2k power
3k toughness
20k health
100% crit chance
205% critical damage
100% boon duration

Am I OP yet?

Fixed it :P

Link it!

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I didn’t get to play the previews so i really know how things work

I think my fisrt time log in PvP build will be
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnEqAN8iFsAmsAUtglJBLv3+bLuOVuKQmrJA84mAnMtxsA-jpxOABofBAg/BAM8RAY3yAAs/g4HCAA

In not sure about the wyvern pet, could use a dog, pig and i’m considering the wiptail devourer. im also not sure weather to use bear stance for heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

I made a build with:
3.2k power
3k armor
20k health
100% crit chance
205% critical damage
100% boon duration

Am I OP yet?

Is that with Might stacks?
Close to this build?
Stat maxing is achieved with Might, sigil and BMode on

edit: Also, hoping for a Diviner or Seeker stat combo to come with PoF.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

in Ranger

Skuzz.6580

This might be a contender for a benchmark test honestly:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsX3fnUqAtCi1sAmrAUtglCB7pLEtCA5X3ub5lZCU6SdpMdQSxC-jRCBQBaV9nA8AAe2RAAAnAAyq8LtKBxy+DO7gAAV9DkBwfMA-e

This is a hybrid build, using Sword/Axe and Smokescale pet for the Power dps rotation (together with Sic’Em), and our old familiar Axe/Torch Condi setup, using a Lynx as pet and Sharpening Stone and Spike Trap as condi dps rotation.

This is a build that focusses on Bleed and Fire as condi dps, there is another build you can make that focuses on Poison, but since Predator’s Cunning probably does not do enough to warrant swapping either Beastmastery or Skirmishing to Wilderness Survival the above setup is probably better used.
If however our power damage can’t carry us (like the above tries to do with the vast amount of ferocity) then Wilderness Survival becomes more valuable (additional expertise + condi damage + poison damage).

Note from the above build, Beastmastery’s passive (80 stat increase) and Pet’s prowess are currently not calculated in the skill editor, meaning you get +300 ferocity and either +80 Power or +80 Condi damage (depending on pet you merged with of corse).
Besides this, obviously Vicious Quarry buff is not accounted for in the stats, fury brings your crit% to 71% and 81% if you are flanking and also the Ferocity buff on it.
So in short:
+80 power / +80 condi damage
+ 800 ferocity
+ 10% crit chance
+ 10% crit chance when flanking

Depending on how Loud Whistle trait works exactly we could even get +10% flat damage increase

Total stats with 25xmight and fury when flanking:
Power merged and power dps set / Condi merged and condi dps set
=====
3683 power / 3400 power
92% crit chance / 90% crit chance
284% crit dmg / 277% crit dmg
1993 condi dmg / 2405 condi dmg
0% condi duration / 10% condi duration (+10% condi dmg basically)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This might be a contender for a benchmark test honestly…

You can tweak that build to pull out a fair bit more damage imo. Sharpened Edges over Trappers Expertise for starters and Flame Trap over Spike Trap which is also a fire field to leap and finish, it’s a bit more damage and without the trait so you can use SE. Also, I think the Iboga/Tiger may be better pets for it, imo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsX3fnUqAtrg1sAuCCUtglCB7pLEtCAMDgSXqL/62dLvpIMLjHE-jRSBQBoVJIAeAAZ4gAkV1fGryvnqfwZHBgHcCA83+DkBwfMA-e

in Ranger

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

This is a tweak of my current PvP build using Soul Beast…looking forward to seeing how it compares with my current set-up.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATVnUqAd8iFsAOsActgl8A7JEE9ma5v36b/dJAUAWbpI8dMlD-jZBHQBA4JA0kyAH8QAAk9He4FAAA

This is my current set up using just core ranger:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATVjUqQJLWwCOsAXLGyDqNAKg1mP4e/3/QI6n6UyRYmuD-jZBHQBAZ/hDeIAAwTA4hXAgmUGAA

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

in Ranger

Skuzz.6580

This might be a contender for a benchmark test honestly…

You can tweak that build to pull out a fair bit more damage imo. Sharpened Edges over Trappers Expertise for starters and Flame Trap over Spike Trap which is also a fire field to leap and finish, it’s a bit more damage and without the trait so you can use SE. Also, I think the Iboga/Tiger may be better pets for it, imo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsX3fnUqAtrg1sAuCCUtglCB7pLEtCAMDgSXqL/62dLvpIMLjHE-jRSBQBoVJIAeAAZ4gAkV1fGryvnqfwZHBgHcCA83+DkBwfMA-e

Thanks for your additions.
I had another look at it, and indeed Flame trap does more damage.
I didn’t calculate it well enough, and although having a 15k bleed proc on the trap seems much compared to a 2k burn (per pulse, so x3 = ~6k), but I didn’t account for the very big cooldown difference. Can actually use Flame trap 3 times for 1 Spike Trap, and flame trap also deals more power damage (logical right.. ).
And this was with the trap trait on (60% duration). Sharpened Edges is indeed more overall dps, maybe slightly less when using 2 or more trap skills but definitely not when using just 1.

I am just hoping Poison gets a bit more love, If Poison Master and Predator’s Cunning get buffed a bit then I can really see a Poison focussed build being a competitor with this bleeding focused build.
At this moment though it is really trying to figure out what 2 spec combo gives the most out of the following 3:
Skirmishing gives:
+ 20% crit chance (when flanking)
+ 250 ferocity
+ 33% more bleed damage
Tier 1 trait (Sharpened Edges)

Wilderness Survival gives:
+ 5.6% condi duration
+ 150 condi damage
20% skill recharge (this could actually be pretty big thinking about it)
+ 25% poison damage and a silly secondary
+ ~200dmg bonus on every poison application (Predator’s Cunning)
Requires: Using a dagger or torch in either hand, preferably on both weapon sets, meaning giving up on a superior Power configuration of Sword/Axe. You can still use either of these, like Sword/Torch + Dagger/Axe or something, or even dropping sword for Dagger / Axe + Axe / Dagger or Torch.

Beastmastery gives:
+80 power or condition damage (based on pet merge)
20% Shout cooldown reduction (Sic’Em, if we average Sic’Em @ ~20% dmg increase, this trait gives a 4% dps increase)
+ 550 Ferocity
?? Loud Whistle, if this works you get a 10% damage increase
Requires: Using axes, preferably on both weapon sets

And then there is the Grieving vs Viper comparison which comes down to:
Grieving: +42.2% crit damage (and 38 power through Sharpen Stones)
Viper: + 42.2% condi duration

With the ~90% crit chance we have when flanking if using Skirmishing the above makes Grieving deal 38% more damage on all Power attacks (basicly everything you do which gets even further enhanced by things like Sic’Em and Quickness on auto attacks, which more than makes up for the 4% damage difference from Viper).
Without Skirmishing this goes down to ~30% more damage so then it becomes a question if the other spec that replaced Skirmishing to pull its weight on the Power side of things.

I myself just don’t like Condi duration as a stat that much, I mean it is a damage increase pure and simple, but as with damage over time effects, when they fall off or the target dies before your dots fall off then you did not gain the full value from the stat, where is with more Crit damage, as long as you can keep hitting for most of the time you will guarantee that you have dealt the damage you invested in with stats.

(edited by Skuzz.6580)