power ranger

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

It’s simple, pushback shot needs 50% (no joke) damage reduction, cause on berserker’s or knight’s amulet the damage in conjunction with it’s range and extremely short cd is more than just overpowered (and set’s them super ultra easy up for Rapid Fire, wich by it’s self is already way overpowered in damage along with yet an extremely short cd and way to much range) added to that when the roots of Entangle are destroyed the immobalize should stop immediatly cause you know… the roots are destroyed, a nobrainer in my opinion. Rapid Fire should either become range 900 max or lose 50% damage when hitting over range 900 to make the skill less brokenly overpowered and like other skills have damaged adjusted to their range I think Rapid Fire would be a perfect candidate for such mechanics as well.

Why do I say 50%? Even tho I know many people will go frenzy mad and be like whooot??? and so on…but to be honest, I think the Ranger on zerker amulet LB+GS realy is that brokenly OP and to those who say just learn to dodge etc….I think (know) and this isn’t hard for them to obtain….many rangers already found their way (cause it’s realy easy) to keep enemies at bay with the constant immobalize spam paired with pet fear (and pushback shot ofc) their awesome nearly unrivalled mobilty (Greatsword wich provides superior melee combat as well to nearly all other classes that could rely on melee), stealthshot and 2 on demand 6 seconds each endure pains (yes it’s viable to use them both on power ranger…it’s extremely viable and more and more rangers do this cause it’s extremely viable)ps. even with a 50% damage nerf they would still crit pretty hard and Rangers can still spam their LB1. The damage as of now especially with fire and air sigil’s is brokenly overpowered. Yes realy, 50% and not a percentage less. That, or tremendously increased cd’s like 25 seconds on Rapid Fire (would actually make it a burst skill with skill required for setup instead of spamming it every 8 seconds and pushback to 30 seconds like Backbreaker is but Backbreaker is much more slower and full melee….yes it does more damage but Pushback is shot tons more viable.

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

power LB ranger is fine. it will get stronger with upcoming trait line changes and it should. you have to remember that as much as the build is difficult for you to deal with, it’s actually not competitive in the higher skill brackets. so it must have something to do with your play. instead of asking for nerfs, perhaps you should turn your inquiry inwards and ask “what can I do differently, or better?”

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

it should not get stronger unless Anet wants nothing but one shot builds on classes in the future, they will ruin the fun in this for many players for as of now….Power ranger is already brokenly overpowered for players who aren’t in the top elite….about 90+% isn’t and I think you aren’t one of them either…. get of your high heels and don’t talk as if you belong to the absolute top. Power ranger damage atm is extremely high when one doesn’t dodge (cause he/she was already in a fight or has no endurance…the endurance refill is much slower than the cd of RF) or just didn’t see it coming…improve this damage would be very in my opnion dumb unless restrictions on the skills are added…for we will end up with nothing but (especially in Rangers case) one shot builds….I guaruantee you and anyone…pvp will bleed out asap. I play GW2 for fun and competitveness should be part of it, cause in my opinion that adds to fun…I’m however not looking for grievebuilds and even improve on those grievebuilds. Ps. roots of Entangle destroyed should seriously stop the immobalizes immediatly and straight away.

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Here, I found a pretty good instructional video on how to deal with a longbow ranger.

https://youtu.be/kvS6zMThiZU

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Another nerf Ranger thread.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

making fun of, just shows you have no valid counter arguments and knows the one pointing it out is absolutely right and 100% spot on but just don’t want it to happen.

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Oh… It’s you again. Still can’t handle power rangers, huh?

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Yes, cause clearly a 50% damage reduction, or upping RF’s cd and PBS cd to 25/30 without compensation is balance because of 1 type of build. Damage on a person that’s out of dodges, fighting something else, or didn’t see should be nerfed. Yes, totally 100% spot on!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

power ranger

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

making fun of, just shows you have no valid counter arguments and knows the one pointing it out is absolutely right and 100% spot on but just don’t want it to happen.

You’ve heard the arguments before in all of the other threads where you cried about dying to longbow rangers, what’s the use in repeating them?

Good players try to improve themselves and look for advice on how to do so, bad players cry that something needs to be nerfed because it’s unfair that they should have to change their build or play style to adapt. The good players will receive helpful responses from the ranger community, the bad players will be mocked.

LGN

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

If you really hate power rangers that much, then you better hope you don’t get to face me in your games.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The fact that you legitimately think that the ranger LB needs nerfs means that none of us even have to make fun of you; because you’re really just making yourself look bad without our help.

Many players now have explained over and over and over again how to and what to react to in order to win against a power ranger using ANY viable build.

If you really still struggle against it beyond that point, then I really sincerely do hope you quit PvP in this game. Although since you do struggle against power rangers, I know immediately that the difference in our MMRs put a lot of skill tiers between the two of us (I don’t queue at hotjoin peasant tier) so that I’m pretty safe from ever queuing with you, the fact that you can’t handle playing against something as simple and easy to beat as a power ranger makes me feel very sorry for any unfortunate teammates that get stuck with you, and I think you’d be doing them a justice by just not PvPing anymore.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

I’ve lost you at “PBS does doo much DMG”.
And what’s the next best thing, someone could say about the “power ranger”? “Pets are too smart.”?

I dearly hope, that you never get hit by Path of Scars.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

They added a tell to PBS and that is pretty much it since launch (I maybe wrong.) So why after 3 years is it a problem. Stun breakers can stop the push if you have quick enough reaction.

Stability is your friend use it.

Rangers have little defense those that we do have are easily countered. Guardians pretty much block half of ranger bow attack, Mesmer and thief stealth make it very difficult to dish out damage. Warriors and Ele have incredible mobility making it difficult to lock them down.

I don’t know what class you play, honestly if you cant use the defensive in your class to counter then I suggest you stop going zerker yourself.

The fact that pbs is a problem for you mean you need to add defenses to it in you build and that doesn’t mean that you have to use the same counter. Reflect one Dogde another use stability on the next. This really is a l2p issue.

This is like complaining about the hammer train when the fix is really simple. Build are choices you wont be able to defend against everything so decide what defenses are more important to you and avoid the matches you are weakest against.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

see how much hate and mocking comes forth from this instead of ignoring it if would be so stupid…or just come up with (few of you do I’m not refering to you) “advice” so much hate about a statement… that truly says ALOT thanks….Power ranger (condi too btw… perma evades) is brokenly overpowered and long and short (bleed stacking needs inherent cd of 1 sec) bow are just frustrating and way to easily exploited to play against, ps ranger not been seen yet on streamed tournaments…unranked and ranked are plagued by them….they are extremely viable in competitve play…just maybe (for now) not yet in like I said streamed tournies yet….so you can stop that excuse already…continue the mocking hate and rage….ranger is brokenly overpowered it doesn’t need buffs anywhere and needs to be toned down on various levels, please continue the hate (tho I am serious about the statments I made about ranger for a full 500%)

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

My largest tip for anyone thinking ranger (or anything, for that matter) is op, is to actually play the class/build for a while.

Granted, as soon as I say that, it’s generally immediately retorted with “yo I mained X for a year but then I got tired of it being so op so I went to challenge myself” or something.

But seriously. I thought thieves were op for a time, so I decided to try one out myself. Now I know that for the most part, they are not (granted I still think they have too much escape potential(from a wvw perspective)), and now I have a fairly fun time fighting them as well because of it.

edit: sorry to resort to what could be considered a personal attack, but looking through some of your posting history, I don’t think this will change your perspective at all anyways.. oh well. hopefully someone will get something out of it

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

(edited by ITheNormalPerson.9275)

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

have champion hunter title…ik it’s not hard to get (get the joke in this particular situation?) but I have champion hunter amongst some other champion titles, rank 80 since the pvp rank patchday (let the skyhammer farm jokes roll in lol)….more generic answers please, ps. when the roots of entangle are destroyed the immobalize needs to end immediatly without any excuses. can’t convince anyone something to be a square if it’s clearly a triangle

power ranger

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

Think of entangle an a poisonous vine if you get pricked by it the venom still keep you immobilized.

Lets go your route acting as the vines are physically keeping you there , with that logic then it should be a requirement to destroy the vines before you get your mobility back.

Play the game you have rather than the game you wished you had. If you have a constructive suggestion to make by all means make it.

Also when looking at a class look at the whole no just one thing.

everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

Lets GO your route acting as the vines are physically keeping you there , with that logic then it should be a requirement to destroy the vines before you get your mobility back. why do you say this as if this you’re arguement…that’s exactly what me and many others are saying ….lol, Rangers are brokenly overpowered atm, once the roots of the Entangle are destroyed…the immobalizes should end immediatly….they roots…being destroyed like poison ends on cleanse…roots are no poison….now you try be abit more constructive and stop hiding behind excuses

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

In my opinion, if there should be a class able to one shot with the current kit – it should be the Ranger.

Mesmers have far superior utility and boon removal.
Thieves have far better utility, burst and disengage options.
Rangers have nothing but damage. I see it only fair to be able to one shot just yet another one-shot build if he fails to evade it.

For those who still have problems…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

“Observe, learn and counter.”

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Haaaaaaave you met the Dragonhunter? L2QQ?

power ranger

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

The first example it work like it actually does in game the vines prick you cause you to bleed and at the same time immobile you for a set period of time (unless you are snared again by the pulse)

The second is physically immobilizes requiring you physically destroy them or you do not move. Not a pre-determined time but requiring removal first. Meaning you don’t destroy it you don’t move at all. This isn’t how it works and do you really want it to work this way.

Don’t get caught up on the word poison lets change it to toxin see if you can comprehend it a little better.

Once killing a thing that has introduced a toxin into the body doesn’t remove the toxin. It either need to run it course or you need to cleanse it.

Your caught up on the wrong things. A ranger should be deadly at range. If your caught in the open with no way to engage or disengage the ranger. It the Ranger using good positioning and your failing for not being prepared.

Range isn’t the weakness of any class unless you design your build that way.

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

best dmge ignoring skills….ranger, disengage…dude the ranger is top tier at disengage…gs anyone or stealthshot (even sword isn’t bad tho not the best…but defo not bad at disengage), utilty skills of ranger are amazing…what do you mean only damage…you guys are talking nothing but bolox… ranger is good at snaring…very good…only damage? best self sufficient condi cleanses, lol please continue the bolox please….only damage… uhu…yes ranger should be deadly at range…but now ranger is deadly at range more than any other class AND excells at melee combat as well AND (and they do) can stack up to 12 seconds of damage immunity protection on dodge (plenty of vigor)…it’s to much. it’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much and the immobalize should end immediatly when the roots of Entangle are destroyed. now please try to be more serious and realistic for unranked and even ranked are pretty flooded with rangers and not just on ranger dailies

power ranger

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

What game are you playing you sure are not play gw2.

Mesmers have the best single target ranged damage.
Rangers don’t rank in the top 3 for mobility

You do understand that immobilize is a condition, once a condition is applied it need to run its course, or be cleared. Not hard to understand simple game mechanic. Don’t get caught up on the graphic effect of the skill.

No other immobilization can be removed this way. Why would an elite skill be render useless by a couple of sword swipes.

All of your gripes can be countered. Your seeking to change the rules of certain mechanic and create a lot of exceptions. Your vision for the class and anet are not in line.

If you want real change present them in a less bias way. In the end your argument needs to be a lot more compelling after all your just a player.

You can start a nerf campaign in the forum of the class you want to nerf. See how many others feel the same in other game modes.

Your post history reads the same. Lots of resistance yet you haven’t clued in.

May your weapons be strong, your will stronger and hopefully before your death you learn when neither are enough.

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

talking about someones death…wow I must have pushed some buttons here….you are becoming overly aggressive over a game…you can disagree 500%…. that’s np, but talking about death all of a sudden…you are extremely frustrated it seems… don’t talk about death buddy…for loved ones you know will go through that experience sooner or later and you will shiver and cry when you start imagining one of your loved ones going through that experience…I suggest you cool down abit and don’t take my suggestions so overly serious…you my friend have serious problems…lol game nerfs going on about rl death experiences now…. you should be in my honest opinion be IP tracked tech-perma banned from the official Anet forums….this is way beyond joking or mocking….wayyyyy waayyyyyyyyyyyy out of line of topic and filled with hate and frustration lol…you gave alot about you and your type away now….the poison anet should ban or at least ignore from the community…youre hatespouters…if this triggers this already from you lol…you are the type of person the community doesn’t need and want…nor are your arguements any good…for ranger is next to thief and ele pretty much the fastest and even if it would end 4th it’s still pretty much top tier

power ranger

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

Wow, I meant hopefully you learn a thing a two in a Rp kind of way. Unless you need weapons in real life. Seems you need to step back a bit and realize it wasn’t a personal attack.

I know it can feel the world is against you with most of your post getting the same type of response.

Again pick up on the wrong things.

As far as mobility it a toss up between warriors and thieves then eles. Middle of the rode isn’t top tier. Those without better mobility don’t have to run.

I have always had faith in the Ranger Core event at our weakest. I never want Ranger to be OP. Toxic is not how one would describe my post. Long and typo filled would be accurate.

I can’t control how you perceive my post. I wont apologies for your perception but I will say it wasn’t my intent.

power ranger

in Ranger

Darksteel.8412

no no this was just a semi hidden way to spout hate and saying “your death” wether it’s an expression or not it was entirely out of line and you could have something entirely different that would point out the same and prevent “misunderstanding” I can only imagine what kind of stuff you whisper to players when you’re losing a match or duel or anything in the likes… ps. thief and ele take first spot for mobilty…shows how much you know

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I see Darksteel (unless it’s a diffrent darksteel) almost daily in my lazy hotjoin pvp, he does nothing but troll in the mapchat and calls everything that killed him (everything does) OP, I suggest you put him on ignore.

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

There are so many ways to counter a LB ranger it’s not even funny. OP you really need to look in the mirror and learn ways to improve your own play. LB ranger is fine and certainly does not need a nerf.

power ranger

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

I found a picture that does a good job of summarizing the OP’s complaints for anyone that came in late and doesn’t feel like reading the entire thread.

Attachments:

LGN

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Gold.

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

@Darksteel

First off. Learn some grammar. All of your posts are essentially single run on sentences with you just typing “…” every time you write the next thought that pops into your head. It makes your posts pretty difficult to read and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks so.

Second. Your logic is flawed. And, to put it in your own words, you can’t convince someone that something is a square, if its clearly a triangle.

Third. If you are really crying about everyday longbow rangers, you are going to hate fighting me. Let’s add you to my friends list and see how fast you start complaining in chat.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoef.2761

Zoef.2761

Dont feed the trolls, guys. U just get him to feel that he’s actually saying something worthwhile. Guess it’s his moment of glory. lol

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

put that pew pew ranger vs a competent dp or sd thief and not so pew pew anymore

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Give me ability to stow weapon/cancel cast PBS and then you’re welcome to nerf its damage.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@OP what class u play mostly???
If ur not playing a class with very good mobility or gap closers u cant win thats a fact if u cant get closer or can get out of its range combat results in same ending.

play builds and class that are mostly effective overall, not a build u like to play.

Give me ability to stow weapon/cancel cast PBS and then you’re welcome to nerf its damage.

Damage imo is fine cooldown is just to short due its effectivess, ranger was actually fine people just wanted the class to be esier to play(in a slacker way), lets all see how every class will change before HoT.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: MadCat.9172

MadCat.9172

Not this guy again.
- Do you see any ranger in top of pvp tournerment ? No.
- Ranger must invest tons of trait to have decent condi clean. If they focus on condi clean, then they lack of dam output or weak of counter raw dam.
- 12s invul to raw dam ? That is Signet of Stone and Protect Me (if pet die or have low health which they always are, this skill useless). Waste 2 ultility slot, then what is the last slot ? Those ranger use both 2 skills will surely die by condition in 10s.
- Long ranger shot in close range is a joke. Rapid Fire is cancel automatic when target get behind and still have full cd. PBS only knock back for 1s, where is your stability ?. Eat full RF while out of evade ? dont see it coming ? If 1 vs 1 then you are noob, learn and practise more. If it happend when you fight other then it’s 2 vs 1, you’ll surely die, where is your teammate ? blame them, not the ranger. And please cry for backstab thief because you wont see it coming and it’s too fast to dodge.
- Entangle is easy to dodge because the pre cast is easy to see and predict. Have you ever got immobi by Warrior lb #5 then eat full of their lb F1 ? Entangle + Bonfire is a weaker version of it.
- Stack bleed on short bow require side/ back position, have only 900 range and the duration is super low.
- Last, what class do you play ? I only play ranger and warrior. If you think power ranger is OP then play it, i will play any class you ask, build from metal guide and still eat your power ranger like a pizza in less than 3 mins.
Please remind me if i miss any of your crying problems.

power ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.