rabid vs dire vs sinister for A/T

in Ranger

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

hello, i been using the usual power ranger gs/lb build all this time, however seeing as condition builds are way more viable now in pve i decided to create a more survibable yet hard hitting condition dmg set for high lv dungeons/fractals/wvw

wich of these 3 stats should i aim for for the situations mentioned above?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Rabid is what you want since you want to be more survivable yet hard hitting. Though, since you added WvW, Dire would be all right. If you opt for Sharpened Edges instead of Trapper’s Expertise from time-to-time, I would lean more towards Rabid.

Not sure how you’ll approach WvW so I stated that wiggle room in there in case you don’t use traps.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Sinister hands down for Dungeons and Fractals.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Sinister hands down for Dungeons and Fractals.

This

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Sinister > rabid > whatever you want. For pve.
For WvW trapper Dire>rabid>sinister

in Ranger

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

what about combining stats? sinister on armor, with dire stats on trinkets and/or weapons to boost defense a bit?

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

If you want more survivability, here’s an idea. Carrion + Runes of Scavenging. Carrion gives +vit instead of +pre, and the 6th Scavenging rune converts 7% of your vit into condition damage. So it actually has higher condition damage than the Sinister build. Less duration with the runes most people are using with Sinister. And Scavenging is a dirt cheap rune.

Here’s how they look on gw2skills.

Sinister

Carrion

DPS is actually higher than the Sinister build for the first 10 seconds or so, then Sinister passes it in the next few seconds. Cumulative damage will take a few more seconds for Sinister to catch up. I left the second sigil slot empty so you can play around with the builds.

The other catch is you have 32% vs 56% crit chance, which will impact certain skills, traits, and sigils. But you do have 21k hp vs 16k hp.

I used sinister trinkets on both to make it easier to compare. There are no Carrion trinkets. You could go with Rabid+Dire, which would add even more vit plus some toughness, at the loss precision and power.

(edited by Solandri.9640)

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you want more survivability using a glass stat there is wilderness survival and/or nature magic. Ranger already has decent base hp so covering lack of toughness with the protection boon is efficient.

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

If you want more survivability using a glass stat there is wilderness survival and/or nature magic. Ranger already has decent base hp so covering lack of toughness with the protection boon is efficient.

“Decent hp”?

Baloney.

That’s just not true unless you are in PvE – pets have HALF the health in WvW than they do in PvE, how is that “decent”?

Same goes for many in WvW – the stats are truncated by Anet – all characters need a higher health pool – not just Rangers – WvW is insanely wrong when it comes to health pool.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Emphasis Added by Heim/myself

“Decent hp”?

Baloney.

That’s just not true unless you are in PvE – pets have HALF the health in WvW than they do in PvE, how is that “decent”?

Same goes for many in WvW – the stats are truncated by Anet – all characters need a higher health pool – not just Rangers – WvW is insanely wrong when it comes to health pool.

He’s talking about the Ranger health, not the pets, but Rangers can add the pet HP to their own if they take “PM!”. We have medium health pool and medium armor, better than low health pool as thieves have.