[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

what’s wrong with this attack why does it deal so much damage
Chiling, lacerating or blinding, what’s going on?
some time 6k, is this a standard?

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Nothing new, they could always hit that hard. Just more people running bm builds with birds now.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

When the burning update came, they buffed all pet stats by 150.
Then in a later update, they did it again, buffed all stats by 150 because…?

All pets got a massive damage boost, specifically in the Ferocity department. Pet’s Prowess gives pets a bonus 30% ferocity plus another 30% natural Ferocity thanks to those buffs for a staggering 210% critical damage. Plus if you use Hilt Bash, your pets next attack will do 50% more damage meaning that if you stun on your greatsword your pet can easily land an 8k+ critical.

So yeah, even though the birds only have 1,000 power they can still strike a 6k critical against decently armored players on top of an taunt that is completely unavoidable.

Buff rangers. Nerf pets.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

With fully traitet bm line pets had always + 300 stats. Now the got + 150 baseline (all classes got half of their class mechanic traitline bonus baseline) and + 150 through bm traitline. So exactly the same stats as prepatch. They didn’t gave the pets 2x + 150 baseline, they just forgot to add the baseline bonus and fixed it with an following patch. And there was an adept trait, which increased pets ferocity by 450 (now it is a minor which gives +300 ferocity – so actually a slight dmg loss).

It is possible to achieve more dmg than before the trait changes, but only because of the new remorseless. Which gives the ranger better burst too, not only the pet.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

All pets got a massive damage boost, specifically in the Ferocity department. Pet’s Prowess gives pets a bonus 30% ferocity plus another 30% natural Ferocity thanks to those buffs for a staggering 210% critical damage. Plus if you use Hilt Bash, your pets next attack will do 50% more damage meaning that if you stun on your greatsword your pet can easily land an 8k+ critical.

So yeah, even though the birds only have 1,000 power they can still strike a 6k critical against decently armored players on top of an taunt that is completely unavoidable.

Buff rangers. Nerf pets.

They didn’t give pets free extra stats, beastmastery used to give you 300 stats for the pets, when they did the trait change they took away the stats and made 1 of the minor stats in BM give 150 to the pets. The other 150 was supposed to be made baseline but they forgot and left it bugged until a few patches ago. Pets have the same damage they always did but more people are traiting into BM since we have access to a third trait line and there are actually useful traits in that line now.

Edit: Umbra types faster than me.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Wait for the post when he gets leveled by a Drake Tail swipe for 17K +

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

what’s wrong with this attack why does it deal so much damage
Chiling, lacerating or blinding, what’s going on?
some time 6k, is this a standard?

One bird type has chill as default F2, the other has blind as default. When specd into beastmastery u can also make it so that ur pet F2 also adds blind, weakness and ofc taunt, and birds are popular since their F2 are more reliable and can be used every 15th sec (and their F2 is a heavy power attack).

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

The Owl & Raven F2 hits hard, around 4k on squishy target.
Hilt Bash (GS5) gives the next pet attack 50% more damage, so Hilt Bash -> Pet F2 is a popular combo, would also match the 6k damage you mentioned.
Trade off is the higher cooldown compared to Hawk/Eagle F2, which can be spammed to proc the pet traits (blind/weakness).

It’s always been this way if you used beastmastery, the trait line just wasn’t worth it before the patch, so now it’s more noticable.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

(edited by coax.2951)

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Seyiwaji.4082

so they are reducing dmg from ther classes, but let an instant (without warning) 4k- 6k-8k damage skill running around?
i was looking on wiki to understand the dmg; but i saw something like this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chilling_Slash . So i was wondering; what the hell is going on. The dmg should be lower.

so thanks for the answer.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

Just to add:
The warning is Hilt Bash, not the actual pet skill (yes, that one is pretty much impossible to tell, bird animations in general are pretty horrible to read).
Without hilt bash it just hits for 4k at best against squishy targets, on a 16s cooldown.

Dodge Hilt Bash and you’ll probably end up evading the pet F2 too. And if not, it deals a lot less damage.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Pet attacks can be avoided by standard movement. You don’t even need to dodge.

If they didn’t hit like a truck there wouldn’t be any point in bringing them since you need to set the pet up to land said burst.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Seyiwaji.4082

i guess because of taunt you can dodge nothing

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Buff rangers. Nerf pets.

Wow. TOTALLY clueless.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Pet attack speed is low and the number of times they can successfully land their attacks is low as well. A single 6k crit evens it out into a pretty reasonable dps imo.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Guyz, he probably won’t listen to you. It will still look like too much to him.

Even if it makes perfect sense. If he got hit by Slash for 6K … He’s probably playing a Thief or Mesmer. By this assumption we can already tell why is there so much fuss about topic that is … 3 years old now?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

I’ll be the first person to point out that a ranger mechanic is OP, but IMO, bird F2 is fine as it is for the following reasons:

1. With the exception of longbow, ranger weapons have lower damage coefficients than their counterpart sets for other professions, due to them being nerfed after release to compensate for the damage their pets are supposed to output.

2. Bears/Drakes/Devourers are not good pets. Their F2 is either on a ridiculous channel time that will never hit (Drake) have massive cooldowns for underwhelming skills and deal no damage (Bear) or have straight up gimmick F2’s (Devourer)

If one of these two points are addressed, then it would be fine to Nerf bird F2s

Tl:dr: Bird F2 is very strong, but all the other pets are garbage, (except dogs) so nerfing bird is a terrible idea until the other pets are made viable.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Zapperx.1649

Zapperx.1649

The bird is OP because of the way taunt works with its F2. It is very hard to avoid it because the bird will get in your face to use slash so it is low risk for the ranger because all he has to do is press F2 and the bird will follow the target and get within unavoidable taunt range where as all the other pets will stop and use the F2 when it is sort of close. The fact is that taut is kind of broken with the bird just go test it with target dummies. ie. stand with it at your side and press F2 then try it with every other animal.

(edited by Zapperx.1649)

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Somehow mesmer shatters from stealth and 15k heartseekers are ok…but a 4k average bird slash isn’t? Wow.

Also IMO birds were better when we could apply cripple on F2. Weakness on F2 is ok, and blind is useless if you are running a raven.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

The bird is OP because of the way taunt works with its F2. It is very hard to avoid it because the bird will get in your face to use slash so it is low risk for the ranger because all he has to do is press F2 and the bird will follow the target and get within unavoidable taunt range where as all the other pets will stop and use the F2 when it is sort of close. The fact is that taut is kind of broken with the bird just go test it with target dummies. ie. stand with it at your side and press F2 then try it with every other animal.

Yeah I agree, I think taunt + bird is broken, but not because of the bird. Taunt on F2 should have a 30 sec ICD, and its competing traits brought up to par.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Yeah I agree, I think taunt + bird is broken, but not because of the bird. Taunt on F2 should have a 30 sec ICD, and its competing traits brought up to par.

It should have 900 range and 3 sec duration, then.
You know… Just to be on par. No other class suffers from restrictions like a Ranger does.

Being forced to Birds only (not even all of them) while there are X other pets is one awesome example. I mean, I would have used a Warthog if the duration was long enough for him to complete the Knock.

EDIT: I still get amazed how people cannot suck up that even Ranger has nice things. Why aren’t people complaining about , oh I don’t know, eles or guardians in PvP…

“Observe, learn and counter.”

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Buff rangers. Nerf pets.

The pet could already do stuff like this before the patch, you kitten fool. Pets could always get 300 extra stat points (to power, precision, vitality and toughness – ferocity is not included among those stats). The ferocity from Pet’s Prowess was actually nerfed, it used to give a flat 30 % extra crit damage.

And ye, Hilt Bash. The skill that still doesn’t have the proper range that the tooltip says it should have.

Most people complaining about rangers are so vastly uninformed about the class that engaging a discussion with them is a as comfortable as driving into a tree.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Zapperx.1649

Most ppls complaining about any class are generally uninformed yes but actual players of the class are still not realizing/addressing the problem at hand. As it is right now the bird is a fire and forget pet, NO other pet can do this. This is the whole reason he is complaining (OP may not be stating it but as a ranger player i know) now and not before taunt was added. Taunt with the bird F2 is almost a guaranteed hit/taunt so obviously it would get attention now. What I am saying is the bird will follow its target THEN execute its F2 ability which makes it extremely hard to avoid unlike other pets that execute their F2 in a relatively “close” range to the enemy and is much easier to avoid. As i mentioned before go test the pets on target dummies you will see what I am talking about.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Wow, really?

First off, they did not buff pets. Every class specific line bonus was devided 50-50. Half of it was made basic and half of it a minor trait boost if you took that line.
For rangers that was the pet stat buff.

Before if you went into BM fully you would get 300 to the 4 basic stats which are power, vitality, toughness and precision. Therefore 150 of that was made baseline.
When the big patch came out they forgot to add the other 150 as a boost if you went into BM and that was fixed with a patch. IT WAS A BUG/OVERSIGHT!!

Secondly, the only way you are getting hit by 6k slashes is if you are running glass and the pet is buffed by might. The birds have a solid burst but very low actual DPS because they attack slowly and the pet itself is easily kited not to mention the fact that they have an ability that actually roots the bird therefore allowing you to move away. Also the bird is a glass pet that can be easily killed and CCed even if you go BM.

Furthermore, even now, there are far more builds that can simply ignore the pet, and even though the bird will deal damage, the primary use is taunt that goes well with other roots and stuns to chain lock someone in a team fight. And it is the most reliable way to deliver a taunt due to its attack nature.

It is simply sad that people are actually complaining about pets because there is no reason to.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

As i mentioned before go test the pets on target dummies you will see what I am talking about.

I’m gonna break it for you, most people bothering to engage in this discussion don’t need to test it on dummy, they’re already aware. I ran double birds way before they introduced taunt, I’m very well aware of their movement and how they function with taunt.

Problaby why I also don’t have any problems with other rangers using birds to taunt me. I know their attack patterns, when to avoid them, when to cc them. Bird taunt is not a problem. Taunt possibly going through stuff it ain’t supposed to go through however, that’s a problem.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

As i mentioned before go test the pets on target dummies you will see what I am talking about.

I’m gonna break it for you, most people bothering to engage in this discussion don’t need to test it on dummy, they’re already aware. I ran double birds way before they introduced taunt, I’m very well aware of their movement and how they function with taunt.

Problaby why I also don’t have any problems with other rangers using birds to taunt me. I know their attack patterns, when to avoid them, when to cc them. Bird taunt is not a problem. Taunt possibly going through stuff it ain’t supposed to go through however, that’s a problem.

The only problem is dodge; it should go through blocking.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Probably, I just worded it like that because I haven’t seen any statements from Anet on how they intend it to work. But I was mainly referring to dodge.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Zapperx.1649

Probably, I just worded it like that because I haven’t seen any statements from Anet on how they intend it to work. But I was mainly referring to dodge.

It should not be nerfed because of one species auto seeking F2 ability.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Lol, is it just me or does no one know what kiting is in this game?

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Lol, is it just me or does no one know what kiting is in this game?

I’ll be charitable and assume that they don’t want to because longbow beats any long range weapon they bring to the table.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Where’s the kitten -1 button? This forum needs one…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

I’ll be the first person to point out that a ranger mechanic is OP, but IMO, bird F2 is fine as it is for the following reasons:

1. With the exception of longbow, ranger weapons have lower damage coefficients than their counterpart sets for other professions, due to them being nerfed after release to compensate for the damage their pets are supposed to output.

2. Bears/Drakes/Devourers are not good pets. Their F2 is either on a ridiculous channel time that will never hit (Drake) have massive cooldowns for underwhelming skills and deal no damage (Bear) or have straight up gimmick F2’s (Devourer)

If one of these two points are addressed, then it would be fine to Nerf bird F2s

Tl:dr: Bird F2 is very strong, but all the other pets are garbage, (except dogs) so nerfing bird is a terrible idea until the other pets are made viable.

River Drake’s F2 (lightening bounces) is the most reliable of the Drakes, They have a TON of survival, and FYI – ALL – their attacks cleave.

Unless you F2 they will open with a Tail swipe (cleave) that delves for 1900+

I have a folder full of screenies of 15K + Tailswipes in PVP matches and I have hit for over 20K in WvW

I run melee with GS-S/A and having almost every attack from both me and the Drake cleave is awesome.

[ranger][Bird Pet slash]

in Ranger

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Think that’s a lot? Try comboing the 2 raven with zephyr speed.