ranger shout - guard

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

I’m abit confused, why is there a casttime on a shout? I mean it just feels wierd, imagine: “I’m gonna shout just 1 sec just need to clear my throat” :P No but seriously why isnt “Guard” a instant as all other shouts?

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Who knows, it’s been an issue for a long time now… It’s the only shout with a cast time in the game.

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

That’s why shout build is completely USELESS in PVP.
I tried it some times ago, and it just not working even when combined with trait because you need to constantly waste 1 sec to cast guard to keep up the regen and swiftness. In reality you;ll just kept getting interrupted because of the long cast time, plus you need to spam it very frequently.

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

I’m abit confused, why is there a casttime on a shout? I mean it just feels wierd, imagine: “I’m gonna shout just 1 sec just need to clear my throat” :P No but seriously why isnt “Guard” a instant as all other shouts?

To be fair, it’s the only shout wich use ground targeting and there is no so many instant groud trageting skills in the game.

I tried it some times ago, and it just not working even when combined with trait because you need to constantly waste 1 sec to cast guard to keep up the regen and swiftness. In reality you;ll just kept getting interrupted because of the long cast time, plus you need to spam it very frequently.

I am a Guard user in WvW for a very long time (used it before nature’s voice) and i ’ can’t even remember a fight where Guard have been interrupted, wich probably happened a lot of times. It means that it does not matter in a fight, ranger have a lots of dangerous skills wich are way better to interrupt. And i never understood this “spam” argument as if it was easier than to use passive signets…

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, it makes no sense at all. All the ranger shouts need re-work;

“Guard”: Remove the cast time.
“Protect Me”: Pet gains protection & regeneration and the effect stays on for full duration, no matter what.
“Search and Rescue”: Make revive time 100%, not the current 33%, pet gains short stability.
“Sic Em”: Effect stays on for full duration, no matter what. Also, reduce the damage and CD by half.

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

To be fair, it’s the only shout wich use ground targeting and there is no so many instant groud trageting skills in the game.

I am a Guard user in WvW for a very long time (used it before nature’s voice) and i ’ can’t even remember a fight where Guard have been interrupted, wich probably happened a lot of times. It means that it does not matter in a fight, ranger have a lots of dangerous skills wich are way better to interrupt. And i never understood this “spam” argument as if it was easier than to use passive signets…

I agree, I almost always use it while roaming and the few times it has been interrupted it didn’t matter because I already had a couple minutes of swiftness and regen. Plus when they waste the interrupt on guard that means one less interrupt for my other skills.

It would be great if they made it insta cast though, the cast time is a bit much.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Sound have been fixed ages ago.. it’s just a QoL improvement. Like borya and Puck already said.. having Guard interupted is not a game catching event, and not something an opponent would likely do on purpose. It just makes using it unnessesarily annoying.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

And I clearly stated in “PVP”. Go try out and see. It need to be spammed way too often because the duration is short. You’ll find out how punishing to spam something that has a long cast time continuously when you fight on a node.

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It takes a while to shout “Ok pet, stand in that area there and don’t move unless something comes near!!! Oh, and be invisible for a little bit too!!”

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

How many other shouts have a target cursor. All other shouts are verbal alone. With guard it tells your pet to guard then you show him where to guard. From a rp persective it makes sense.

How many other shouts have have a 15 sec recharge time untraited. From a balance perspective this also make sense. They could give us instant cast but then it would have a 25 sec cd at minimum. Pick your poison.

However I do believe that guard should be a class skill (while still being classified as a shout).

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

ranger shout - guard

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It seems to me that the ranger ‘shouts’ were not actually shouts from the beginning of the development process only getting typed that way later, possible to have a non-soldier have use for runes of the trooper (originally named soldier).

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.