in Ranger

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

any good spvp builds after dec 10 nerfs i need help

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

Check out this thread. There’s several good post Dec 10th builds in there.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/SB-GS-new-meta/first

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Actually its pretty much spirits or gtfo..
You can have fun with Traps-BM even Power Ranger but every top team that has a Ranger is a spirit one..

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You can have fun with Traps-BM even Power Ranger but every top team that has a Ranger is a spirit one..

Just because it hasn’t become meta yet doesn’t mean it doesn’t have the potential, sPvP (especially solo qs) seems pretty ripe with screams of complaint about CC locking rangers, not to mention might stacking has recently become a very strong option for ranger ( I’ll be posting a build when I get home from work).

Trapper builds have remained totally unchanged and have just say in the same spot they always have, great at defending a point, great at 1v1s and 2v2s, not too much else though (granted you don’t need to be that good at anything else when you’re great at killing people in 1v1 point defense)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Just because it hasn’t become meta yet doesn’t mean it doesn’t have the potential, sPvP (especially solo qs) seems pretty ripe with screams of complaint about CC locking rangers, not to mention might stacking has recently become a very strong option for ranger ( I’ll be posting a build when I get home from work).

Trapper builds have remained totally unchanged and have just say in the same spot they always have, great at defending a point, great at 1v1s and 2v2s, not too much else though (granted you don’t need to be that good at anything else when you’re great at killing people in 1v1 point defense)

I hope you are right..Still Spirits will be the ultimate support build tho.
Good builds are out there..
I tried too the build you suggested…Might stacking was bugging my mind before 10 dec patch..
But..The balance is kitten…Only strong-OP builds survive…Every class has a great OP-faceroll build and many other that are really balanced..
I remember a time when Warriors were totally balanced, they had the option to deliver huge amount of dmg but they needed support..“Go in do as much dmg as i can but squishy”.And now they got the Healing signet ticking for 400hp/s
Its not that they are not viable good builds out there for Rangers..Its just that balance is a mess..

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Pyrite.9641

Pyrite.9641

I hope you are right..Still Spirits will be the ultimate support build tho.
Good builds are out there..
I tried too the build you suggested…Might stacking was bugging my mind before 10 dec patch..
But..The balance is kitten…Only strong-OP builds survive…Every class has a great OP-faceroll build and many other that are really balanced..
I remember a time when Warriors were totally balanced, they had the option to deliver huge amount of dmg but they needed support..“Go in do as much dmg as i can but squishy”.And now they got the Healing signet ticking for 400hp/s
Its not that they are not viable good builds out there for Rangers..Its just that balance is a mess..

Seconded, a power/crit ranger like the one I roll with is pretty much dominating 1v1, and can last a decent while in 1v2.

I’ll link the build below, use the pets depending on the situation, and pop signets to clean up the end of the fight. Drop the heal early for the continual condition removal. stay mobile and use the GS block strategically. The 6s immunity from the signet can prevent burst builds from doing too much damage. Play smart, stay mobile, and kick Kittens.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJARTjEVF2JWCWs2Bg1DC7bQ2DFZcRXhRT5JRZKMA-ToAg0CnIkSJlTKjUSpsSNKYVA

Attachments:

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Anything other then trapper or spirit ranger your wasting your time and need to gtfo. Longbow and greatsword rangers are horrible and make rangers look bad. Ranger doesn’t belong in melee range with all the better CC so many other classes have like warrior, necro, and thieves. Longbow is so easy to dodge its not even funny, you get 1 knockback if your lucky and thats pretty much all longbow is good for. Signet Rangers are by far the most lazy of the ranger builds and should be ashamed of running full signets. Also signet rangers have no aoe or support whatsoever. If anyone disagrees with any of this i would love to be proved wrong ^.^

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Anything other then trapper or spirit ranger your wasting your time and need to gtfo. Longbow and greatsword rangers are horrible and make rangers look bad. Ranger doesn’t belong in melee range with all the better CC so many other classes have like warrior, necro, and thieves. Longbow is so easy to dodge its not even funny, you get 1 knockback if your lucky and thats pretty much all longbow is good for. Signet Rangers are by far the most lazy of the ranger builds and should be ashamed of running full signets. Also signet rangers have no aoe or support whatsoever. If anyone disagrees with any of this i would love to be proved wrong ^.^

Bad signet rangers are lazy and passive, a good signet player (regardless of class) id say is more complicated than most builds because you have to know when you want to give up your passive, how many of them you want to give up at a time, and when you’re better off roughing it out and waiting.

And longbow rangers aren’t bad, they’re just harder to play than SB, because they’re harder to play you’ll see more bad people with it than another.

EX: there’s significantly more bad eles out there than bad warriors because warrior is significantly easier to play at the high skill end than an ele is.

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Bad signet rangers are lazy and passive, a good signet player (regardless of class) id say is more complicated than most builds because you have to know when you want to give up your passive, how many of them you want to give up at a time, and when you’re better off roughing it out and waiting.

And longbow rangers aren’t bad, they’re just harder to play than SB, because they’re harder to play you’ll see more bad people with it than another.

EX: there’s significantly more bad eles out there than bad warriors because warrior is significantly easier to play at the high skill end than an ele is.

Well out of the whole time ive played since start of the game i have yet to see any good longbow ranger that even comes close to viable. I have seen every build possible on ranger and i can honestly say when i see a longbow ranger in spvp or wvw i know it’s a free kill. You can’t sit there and tell me its all bad people that i’ve ran into since release of the game. The same with greatsword, when i see somone using a greatsword we joke in steam chat saying there’s another free kill. These weapons are bad….they will continue to be bad unless anet does somthing drastic. For the signet rangers….there are no good signet rangers because the good rangers wouldn’t be running signets. Like i said no aoe or support. Without those 2 aspects ranger is worthless and a cripple to the team cause any other class can out damage a signet ranger.

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Pyrite.9641

Pyrite.9641

Well out of the whole time ive played since start of the game i have yet to see any good longbow ranger that even comes close to viable. I have seen every build possible on ranger and i can honestly say when i see a longbow ranger in spvp or wvw i know it’s a free kill. You can’t sit there and tell me its all bad people that i’ve ran into since release of the game. The same with greatsword, when i see somone using a greatsword we joke in steam chat saying there’s another free kill. These weapons are bad….they will continue to be bad unless anet does somthing drastic. For the signet rangers….there are no good signet rangers because the good rangers wouldn’t be running signets. Like i said no aoe or support. Without those 2 aspects ranger is worthless and a cripple to the team cause any other class can out damage a signet ranger.

My GS/LB Ranger would beg to differ with that assessment. It’s all in the playstyle, and keeping situational awareness. If you make your own build, rather than using a cookie cutter meta, you’ll be able to use what you have to your own best advantage. See screen shot in my previous post.

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Look, there are two major problems with rangers in sPvP (aside from the pets)

1. Our power builds are not as good as our condition builds. This is fact. We have pretty much no burst (signet builds using gs can achieve this but it requires heavy investment and is only repeatable every 24 seconds).Some of our pure power weapons, lb and gs, are lacking in the dps aisle. Lb was recently buffed, but it still has no burst. The greatswords maul is good, but very readable and once used you’ve got no other dps skill aside from the terrible auto. Axe OH is like our only good and functional power weapon. MH sword does good dps when autoing, but it suffers from the rooting problem. And shortbow is simply #1 spam.

2. We have terribad cd removal. There are a total of three and a half ways to cure conditions on ranger. Healing spring, but that require you to stand in it for a full 10 seconds. Any skilled player with aoe or cc will get you out, or, if you are melee, ranged dps you as you stand there and take hits. Spirit of natures active cures conditions, but is almost always used to resurrect allies. Not only that, but the skill isn’t worth taking if you’re not spirit specc’d. We have a trait that removes poison and blindness upon dodging with a 10 second icd. And then Signet of Renewals passive effect cures a condition every 10 seconds. Every other condition trait or skill transfers them to our pets which indirectly affects us.

Stormbluff Isle

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlOD7kjoyK7qwpCWLDItHUi5hJvCpn7RpcKhYGzcyMG-TsAAzCpIaS1krJTTymsNNEZJyuCA

Ok, this build is a modified spirit build that focuses on getting high condition damage from might stacking while having very significant defenses from spirits. Once you get high might, you have the pets and weapons to bleed the enemy.

You have 5 stacks of might from pet
3 stacks of might on weapon swap
3 stacks of might on pet activation

Because you share might stacks with the pet your pet gets
10 from F2 of Stalker
6 on pet activation
3 on weapon swap

Plus, you have RAO where you will use the horn to almost instantly buff the pet or use the lashtail to almost instantly get your might stacks to max (also swapping pets/weapons and using stalker).

Especially in spvp, I find the water spirit to be better. See the reasons why on the healing calculation thread. Essentially, the key is you have a very strong regen from nature’s voice. Regens stack duration not potency. So the burst of WS with a passive that does not use the regen buff is much better. Just don’t run the spirit as always active.

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

The patch doesn’t change the meta. It takes people beating the meta builds with non meta builds to do that.

I see BM beating spirits. I see traps coming marginally close to then 1v1 and being stronger in midfights.

Ranger | Elementalist

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

My GS/LB Ranger would beg to differ with that assessment. It’s all in the playstyle, and keeping situational awareness. If you make your own build, rather than using a cookie cutter meta, you’ll be able to use what you have to your own best advantage. See screen shot in my previous post.

than show me..and dont post a vid from soloq or hot join, i want to see 1 time a good lb ranger in tpvp, i´ve done about 2,5k toruney games and i never saw one and the same statement says everyone i know form the good pvp teams and players or wvw roamer. if you can prove me how strong this weapon is against good players not brain afk than you could be right, but until them i start laughing on every lb ranger and stomp hin some seconds later

Orga for [WUMS]

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

than show me..and dont post a vid from soloq or hot join, i want to see 1 time a good lb ranger in tpvp, i´ve done about 2,5k toruney games and i never saw one and the same statement says everyone i know form the good pvp teams and players or wvw roamer. if you can prove me how strong this weapon is against good players not brain afk than you could be right, but until them i start laughing on every lb ranger and stomp hin some seconds later

I’ve not seen many “good” LB/GS rangers in tPvP or sPvP for that matter, but I know I’ve ran into one or two in WvW. I thought the same as you prior to it, but once i got humbled by a LB/GS ranger, it didn’t matter how many bad ones i fought, i just remember the good one that knew how to play the class.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I and several other people I’ve met have had great success with this build: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-F7kF3BF0F-y-a2ZDF-0-3VEVt-d2BF-9Lsm8T9T;01261;026A;4KNH4aJG4jwmAjwmA2Vt
It’s essentially a burst condi build that easily allows you to put 12-23 stacks of bleed on a target every 7 seconds, as well as near-constant burning and/or poison.
Using sharpening stone + splitblade works awesome.

NSPride <3

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

LB/GS won’t ever be viable, sorry the build doesn’t have the condition remove to stand a chance. Anet refuse to listen to player base and keep buffing Passive and Ai builds.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

[GS/LB/Soldiers] Power Build 30/10/0/30/0 is super viable in solo tPvP.

Super fast point to point movement, good point defend abilities with 2 Knockbacks and a huge amount of stability.
Great Clash support from afar with LBs awesome Long Range damage.
Almost permafury with RaO + the new GS trait + Weaponswap.
Awesome mightstacking.
Best Point: a lot of fun to play.

Dont say its not viable if you dont know how to use it.
This game is not all about 1vX pointless zergs between map objectives. (although this build is doing a great job even doing that…)

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

[GS/LB/Soldiers] Power Build 30/10/0/30/0 is super viable in solo tPvP.

Super fast point to point movement, good point defend abilities with 2 Knockbacks and a huge amount of stability.
Great Clash support from afar with LBs awesome Long Range damage.
Almost permafury with RaO + the new GS trait + Weaponswap.
Awesome mightstacking.
Best Point: a lot of fun to play.

Dont say its not viable if you dont know how to use it.
This game is not all about 1vX pointless zergs between map objectives. (although this build is doing a great job even doing that…)

It’s not viable. Please explain to me what you do when you pop RoA and a necro soon after hits you with corrupt boon. It completely counters everything you just said in your post. What are you going to use HS and Signet of Renewal to counter, cause he will soon as you remove them conditions hit you with Spite Signet. If a Spirit Ranger with Spirit Elite Signet of Renewal HS with Traited EB can’t keep them conditions off himself you have no chance what so ever. He blinds you and stacks burning/poison/bleeding cripples you chills you weakness. Please tell me how the hell is your build viable when someone can murder you in a few seconds without even trying.

Sorry this game does no REWARD skill, you can be best LB/GS player in the game with best build it still won’t cut it, and its not player problem its sheer balance problem.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Yes power builds if played perfectly are kinda viable..I will say that they are balanced, they have some counters but thats the way balance works.

GW2 is a facerollfest…
A class to be viable must have something crazy, something that works in every situation..
A class must have something to defend against cond, against power, team support and crazy amount of dmg..
And when they dont have some of these aspects in big amount they must have some other in god levels..

This game will never be balanced cause they ruined the balance a long time ago, they put something stupidily strong in some class and to make it even, they put stronger things in other classes..
I think it was the era of the dominating Eles..

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Aeri.5738

Oh darn, there is ONE class that can counter ONE spell you have.
You are right, I quit playing ASAP!

I can easily hold a point against 2 enemies with my powerbuild, but this is not even the point of the build. Its a roamer build and it serves its purpose perfectly by being versatile and efficient at the same time.
I change the tide of battle wherever I come with my CC, Waterfield, and Damage.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

I play LB/GS in SPvP daily and get complains that my build is OP…in fact I made a post a few days back with a screenie from a Warrior. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Had-to-Share/first#post3361397

A build is as good as the strategy behind it and the quality of play . To label a build without taking the time to play it effectively is nothing short of ignorant

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Aeri.5738

what build are you running exactly?

this is what I use and it totally wrecks
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Fg-o;1wE-v-f2ZDV-0;9V8E;1T9-T-38A0;3489;1L-k3;2LNW4LNW46Bi

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

I have a link to it in the post I referenced

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Aeri.5738

No you dont, you just have a description for a standard BM build o.O

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

That what I roll with, if its standard so be it. Still generates a ton of comments when I play….whether its tears or props result is the same.

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Aeri.5738

Im saying its not a real powerbuild, its a BM build

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

There are 2 ways to deal damage…condition and power setups. I do not use conditions therefore by default it is a “Power” build

ranger spvp

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Im saying its not a real powerbuild, its a BM build

Just because you use BM stuff doesn’t suddenly make it a non power build…