rangers suck in wvw ?

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: greenarrow.2784

greenarrow.2784

had ppl say ranger sucks in wvw go reroll play somthing else even ele is better they said ….

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s a useless class for zergs/large scale, since ranger aoe and utility (since spirits die quick there) is trash.

People only play druids for roaming/duels, which do nothing of significant value for the mist war score.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

greenarrow.2784

It’s a useless class for zergs/large scale, since ranger aoe and utility (since spirits die quick there) is trash.

People only play druids for roaming/duels, which do nothing of significant value for the mist war score.

i find ranger needs a new ranged power weapon , only ranged power weapon is longbow , axe is condition shortbow is condition , i stil got a mesmer gues i play with her for wvw i hope in the future ranger gets more buffed

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

My main is ranger but for WVW meeeh i kinda dont use it anymore. Druid is probably good to troll, roam since those kittens dont die lol. You can also use them in zergs but not like they are contributing much, better than thieves in zergs tho.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

i find ranger needs a new ranged power weapon , only ranged power weapon is longbow , axe is condition shortbow is condition , i stil got a mesmer gues i play with her for wvw i hope in the future ranger gets more buffed

We have more than enough ranged covered. What we need are major damage increases across the board, threatening burst and far better melee capabilities.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

If longbow recieved something along hte lines of the auto attack being unblockable when striking your target from behind (allowing it to penetrate the sheer kittenload of active defense flying around in zergs) or when fired from max range. Then longbow would be useful as a pick weapon again.

Rangers by design atleast for now can’t be as good at melee as other classes in wvw environments. Our pets hurt us in large scale combat just as much as they help us in small scale combat.

So we can’t effectively be frontline. We can however be just behind the frontline in a healing staff build. But then we don’t contribute to damage where as a frontline ele would be able to do both. Thus a frontline ele will be preferred.

We can be good roamers. But as far as zerg v zerg combat goes? We don’t have a place.

In reply to the above I would say that damage increases wouldn’t actually do anything. We need tools to make our attacks more likely to land like the aforementioned unblockable. A glass bow has enough damage to hurt ANYONE it hits. But it has to actually HIT the target. And its so easy for our arrows to be intercepted/destroyed that there just isnt much point to further damage increases.

Ghost Yak

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

greenarrow.2784

its a shame i love my ranger im a big fan of archer classes but thx for replies everyones

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

If longbow recieved something along hte lines of the auto attack being unblockable when striking your target from behind (allowing it to penetrate the sheer kittenload of active defense flying around in zergs) or when fired from max range. Then longbow would be useful as a pick weapon again.

Rangers by design atleast for now can’t be as good at melee as other classes in wvw environments. Our pets hurt us in large scale combat just as much as they help us in small scale combat.

So we can’t effectively be frontline. We can however be just behind the frontline in a healing staff build. But then we don’t contribute to damage where as a frontline ele would be able to do both. Thus a frontline ele will be preferred.

We can be good roamers. But as far as zerg v zerg combat goes? We don’t have a place.

In reply to the above I would say that damage increases wouldn’t actually do anything. We need tools to make our attacks more likely to land like the aforementioned unblockable. A glass bow has enough damage to hurt ANYONE it hits. But it has to actually HIT the target. And its so easy for our arrows to be intercepted/destroyed that there just isnt much point to further damage increases.

lol no. Hitting 1-3 targets does nothing in zerg fights.

Barrage needs a big time damage buff to be competitive with meteor shower and encro wells, and a cd redcution.

It’s beyond absurd barrage has a longer cd than meteor shower.

Ranger sucks because fireball from ele hits harder and cleaves baseline, and fire staff has the aoe the ranger doesn’t have in any of his weapons since ranger aoe is utter garbage.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Barrage needs a big time damage buff to be competitive with meteor shower and encro wells, and a cd redcution.

Barrage and meteor shower have the same cd.
The biggest difference is how they deal their dmg and ofcoarse the soft cc on barrage.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Even if barrage hit harder it would be suicide to use it against a zerg because of retal. Ranger will never be useful in a zerg until they give retal an internal cooldown/make it based on a percentage of received damage.

Ranger is still a top tier roamer though. Some of the best mobility in game, pets make it super easy to solo camps, towers, even keeps if you have enough time, and they are great 1v1 fighters when you aren’t trying to contest a point.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Barrage and meteor shower have the same cd.
The biggest difference is how they deal their dmg and ofcoarse the soft cc on barrage.

NOW they have the same cd.

When ele trait provided a 33% cooldown reduction compared to 20%, meteor storm was lower cd.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If you roam to honorably duel you don’t contribute anything, but if you roam to help the zerg or team you help way more than 1 person in a zerg does. Especially if you’re in TS with the zerg commanders who are more than happy to have organized roamers pre-flipping camps for a keep rush or etc.

And if you have a few buddies, a 3 man team or so can be absolutely devastating to enemy zerg reinforcements. You often see small organized parties tying up like 20 enemy solo players running out of respawn.

The whole idea that rangers are bad in WvW is just a myth that has been repeated so often that even ranger mains actually believe that nonsense.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Do you actually play wvw? Frontline ele contributing to dmg?….what?

Anyway ele is dead and buried, switched to ranger/druid few months ago and didn’t regret it, there would be just too much to explain, druid is just great both as roamer and zerg fighter, this coming from T1 active wvw player+ experienced pvper

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

greenarrow.2784

Even if barrage hit harder it would be suicide to use it against a zerg because of retal. Ranger will never be useful in a zerg until they give retal an internal cooldown/make it based on a percentage of received damage.

Ranger is still a top tier roamer though. Some of the best mobility in game, pets make it super easy to solo camps, towers, even keeps if you have enough time, and they are great 1v1 fighters when you aren’t trying to contest a point.

this ! thats a reason i love ranger in wvw taking camps letting pet tank enemy mobs while my pet is killing i can check my suroundings for enemies

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

If you roam to honorably duel you don’t contribute anything, but if you roam to help the zerg or team you help way more than 1 person in a zerg does. Especially if you’re in TS with the zerg commanders who are more than happy to have organized roamers pre-flipping camps for a keep rush or etc.

And if you have a few buddies, a 3 man team or so can be absolutely devastating to enemy zerg reinforcements. You often see small organized parties tying up like 20 enemy solo players running out of respawn.

The whole idea that rangers are bad in WvW is just a myth that has been repeated so often that even ranger mains actually believe that nonsense.

Not really, at least not in tier 1 match ups.

If you’re a gank squad, ranger’s kitten anyways, better replaced by a thief/scrapper/warrior who can kill far faster than autoattacking someone with staff/longbow and hoping the smokescale does the rest.

Ranger has garbage burst and garbage aoe, druid is a dueling build not a gank squad one.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

If you’re a gank squad, ranger’s kitten anyways, better replaced by a thief/scrapper/warrior who can kill far faster than autoattacking someone with staff/longbow and hoping the smokescale does the rest.

Ranger has garbage burst and garbage aoe, druid is a dueling build not a gank squad one.

I think even you must realize you dramatized things druid’s are bad at and ignored everything they’re good at. You don’t need to “win” the thread by typing this kind of stuff; post honest, useful information.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Why is it T1 players always have to state they are in T1 like that is supposed to mean something? T1 roaming is garbage. T1 “roam groups” are 20 man parties trying to pick off zerglings.

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Ranger is mostly a one trick “run away” pony for roaming and still useless in supporting zergs despite Druid.

Play it in wvw because you like aesthetics of the class, but don’t hope for any sort of meaningful contributions to the team besides tagging stuff for bags.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Ranger is a one trick "run away pony for roaming and still useless in supporting zergs despite Druid.

Play it in wvw because you like aesthetics of the class, but don’t hope for any sort of meaningful contributions to the team besides tagging stuff for bags.

What do you mean by “one trick run away pony”? (seriously asking)
I regularly engage in and win 1v3’s (pulled off higher numbers than that, this is just on a daily basis) or 2vX’s, and I can solo/duo cap, just about anything. If the opposing server is adamant about defending their bl they have to leave a good dozen people to watch their stuff.

And it’s very easy to support zergs, you just operate around the fringes. You prep things for them, you pick off the enemy backline and reinforcements, you open up a back door to a keep while the enemy is focused on your zerg, you keep the enemy focused on you at bay while your zerg takes hills, etc.

I can’t count the amount of times I’ve had a whole pug zerg turn to chase myself and a couple roamers that have been harassing their backline, only to stretch themselves out and get destroyed.

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Ranger is a one trick "run away pony for roaming and still useless in supporting zergs despite Druid.

I regularly engage in and win 1v3’s (pulled off higher numbers than that, this is just on a daily basis) or 2vX’s, and I can solo/duo cap, just about anything. If the opposing server is adamant about defending their bl they have to leave a good dozen people to watch their stuff.

And it’s very easy to support zergs, you just operate around the fringes. You prep things for them, you pick off the enemy backline and reinforcements, you open up a back door to a keep while the enemy is focused on your zerg, you keep the enemy focused on you at bay while your zerg takes hills, etc.

I can’t count the amount of times I’ve had a whole pug zerg turn to chase myself and a couple roamers that have been harassing their backline, only to stretch themselves out and get destroyed.

I was generalizing. Ranger is not that great in comparison in wvw.

Let me know how good that heal support role is going as well if you wish.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

I think even you must realize you dramatized things druid’s are bad at and ignored everything they’re good at. You don’t need to “win” the thread by typing this kind of stuff; post honest, useful information.

You wouldn’t know honest, useful information if it poked you in the eye.

Feel free to leave the thread if you’re just in the mood for vague platitudes.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Why are you throwing a fit over what I said? You posted one of the most one-sided, biased, and dishonest reviews of druid that I’ve ever seen. According to you, druids can’t do anything in WvW at all. That’s not useful for a forum based on sharing information rather than just attacking other people until you win the thread and no one wants to read it anymore.

Basically: calm down, we’re all on the same team here. I don’t recognize your name so I’m guessing you don’t main ranger? If you listen to us more experienced rangers (Jim posted some good stuff) you’ll learn how to use ranger effectively in WvW.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

In comparison to what? Because as far as roaming goes I’d place them at the top of the list for the reasons I’ve already mentioned in this thread. People will argue that thief is better but that’s only because they have an easier time resetting fights. Ranger is better in a 1v1, they can flip objectives easier, and they have the second best mobility.

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

In comparison to what? Because as far as roaming goes I’d place them at the top of the list for the reasons I’ve already mentioned in this thread. People will argue that thief is better but that’s only because they have an easier time resetting fights. Ranger is better in a 1v1, they can flip objectives easier, and they have the second best mobility.

Ok, great, they can roam and take camps and 1v1 better… So what do they bring to wvw in general that stands out? What do they contribute to the blob that stands out? Are we really pumping out those kick butt heals to sustain a zerg train of 20-30 players as advertised? Can you provide any contributing role that outshines most other classes?

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

WvW is not only about zerging, don’t mix those things up.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I’m well aware thanks.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m well aware thanks.

Are you though? Because you keep ignoring everything i listed and resorting to “what can they do in the blob”

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I’m well aware thanks.

Are you though? Because you keep ignoring everything i listed and resorting to “what can they do in the blob”

Yeah I’m pretty aware of this profession.

I didn’t ignore anything you listed, perhaps reread my comments and ty to answer those questions instead of deflecting.

Edit- I’ll even refresh your memory…

Ranger is mostly a one trick “run away” pony for roaming and still useless in supporting zergs despite Druid.

I already acknowledged your roaming thing you’re stuck on…

Ok, great, they can roam and take camps and 1v1 better… So what do they bring to wvw in general that stands out? What do they contribute to the blob that stands out? Are we really pumping out those kick butt heals to sustain a zerg train of 20-30 players as advertised? Can you provide any contributing role that outshines most other classes?

Bolded part that clearly shows I was ignoring your comments…

I’m paying attention to our conversation, so maybe you can reciprocate?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m well aware thanks.

I didn’t ignore anything you listed, perhaps reread my comments and ty to answer those questions instead of deflecting.

And look at my immediate response to that post where I explained how you can work in conjunction with the zerg without 1 spamming in the middle of it. You have a very narrow view of what you think WvW is. There are a lot of ways to get things done without simply forming the biggest blob.

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I’m well aware thanks.

And look at my immediate response to that post where I explained how you can work in conjunction with the zerg without 1 spamming in the middle of it. You have a very narrow view of what you think WvW is. There are a lot of ways to get things done without simply forming the biggest blob.

Oh I’m well aware thanks.

Maybe answer my questions and let’s see how much you understand?

Made some edits in that last post so take a look.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m well aware thanks.

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I’m well aware thanks.

You are doing nothing except keeping this conversation cyclical and deflecting.

Did you read my edits? Do you see where I acknowledge what you said?

Do you do more than roam and fringe and duel on your self sustaining build?

Do you know what the Druid was “sold” to us as? Have you ever run that type of build in wvw?

What does ranger bring to the wvw table that other professions can’t or can’t do as well besides longbow 1500?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

I’m well aware thanks.

Do you do more than roam and duel on your self sustaining build?

Do you know what the Druid was “sold” to us as? Have you ever run that type of build in wvw?

What does ranger bring to the wvw table that other professions can’t or can’t do as well besides longbow 1500?

I’ve already answered your question, you chose to ignore it. Rangers don’t have to be in the middle of the zerg to support a large scale fight, they work better around the periphery, separating and ganking backline players. Druid helps in this by providing more access to stealth and ancient seeds to lock down the players that you have managed to separate from the herd.

I’m assuming what you have been angling at when you kept repeating the same question (and ignoring the answers already provided) is that druids should have a healing role in zergs. I’ve seen players do it but I don’t understand the enjoyment they get from it. I much prefer harassing the enemy.

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I can say I’m not sure the druid was sold has a be all end all healing machine. Has much has I’d want it to be, or the guardian, there really is no way a druid can keep most people alive for any duration of time when CC/crap is on the ground. The game wasn’t designed for that sort of play.

Which sort of breaks WvW at least in my opinion. Not really tied to the Druid other than he was supposed to make more of the healing stats. But then I wonder why other classes have as much if not more sustain. We are right back to other MMO’s and class homology – class A has a similarity with class B.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Why are you throwing a fit over what I said? You posted one of the most one-sided, biased, and dishonest reviews of druid that I’ve ever seen. According to you, druids can’t do anything in WvW at all. That’s not useful for a forum based on sharing information rather than just attacking other people until you win the thread and no one wants to read it anymore.

Basically: calm down, we’re all on the same team here. I don’t recognize your name so I’m guessing you don’t main ranger? If you listen to us more experienced rangers (Jim posted some good stuff) you’ll learn how to use ranger effectively in WvW.

lol, you don’t know my name, so I must not main druid.

What kind of self-important dolt would resort to such tortured logic?

I’ve been playing ranger since early closed beta, I don’t need late comers like you telling me what experienced rangers have to say.

Especially some clueless guy who says T1 means nothing because roaming is garbage in T1. Yes, it’s garbage because roaming is useless. That’s what makes a difference between a T1 match up and below, one plays to win and the other doesn’t.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Druid as a healing mid/frontline bot in WvW zergs is great fun though imo, and I believe you can make that work. The only big problem is stab imo, so you need to be in a party with ppl who give you stab, (traited) rao and/or sotw isn’t enough.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

lol, you don’t know my name, so I must not main druid.

What kind of self-important dolt would resort to such tortured logic?

I’ve been playing ranger since early closed beta, I don’t need late comers like you telling me what experienced rangers have to say.

Especially some clueless guy who says T1 means nothing because roaming is garbage in T1. Yes, it’s garbage because roaming is useless. That’s what makes a difference between a T1 match up and below, one plays to win and the other doesn’t.

Loooooool.
The difference between T1 and the other tiers is coverage. Plain and simple. I’ve played in every tier and on average T1 had the absolute worst roamers/fighters.
People would actually call out in chat for help taking a camp lol.

LGN

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Zenith, ask yourself how your contributing to the forums or why people would want to converse with you at all. All your posts aside from your first are just raging at people. I don’t understand why you are spending your free time getting angry, people come here for fun and sharing ideas, not to get yelled at.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I’m well aware thanks.

Do you do more than roam and duel on your self sustaining build?

I’ve already answered your question, you chose to ignore it. Rangers don’t have to be in the middle of the zerg to support a large scale fight, they work better around the periphery, separating and ganking backline players. Druid helps in this by providing more access to stealth and ancient seeds to lock down the players that you have managed to separate from the herd.

I’m assuming what you have been angling at when you kept repeating the same question (and ignoring the answers already provided) is that druids should have a healing role in zergs. I’ve seen players do it but I don’t understand the enjoyment they get from it. I much prefer harassing the enemy.

Just saying, you have not sold the idea of playing ranger in wvw over any other profession.

I’ve acknowledged everything you said and understand, even quoted myself to make it easy for you.

Ok, so any profession can be outside of the middle of the zerg and support them in various ways… Engineers, Mesmers and Thieves can support their groups better with stealth. Other professions bring much more potent CC skills. Other professions can bring much better damage and burst… Other professions can bring much better support and utility skills, and more consistent healing on the move. Other professions can roam. Other professions can 1v… So tell me what substantial things can a ranger bring to the wvw table that is better than other professions?

Do rangers have great toolsets for commanding and leading havoc groups compared to other professions?

You obviously didn’t mention a healing role in any of your posts on this subject, so that tells me what we all know… Druid brought very little in terms of quality team healing support (any team size healing besides the self sustaining druid and pet team variety…) because it’s an overall poor design for movement based combat, not reliable healing, clunky to use and more fit for pve encounters… Druid was supposed to “bring heavy healing to the game and capable of sustaining a zerg train of 20-30 players…”, so why didn’t you try what that build was supposed to be capable of and then sell it to the players as a great feature of playing this profession…

What’s funny is that my original comments were not dissimilar to yours because we both said rangers can roam and are not great for zergs basically…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Do rangers have great toolsets for commanding and leading havoc groups compared to other professions?

Profession is pretty irrelevant for commanding since most people use nomad’s, but druid can plop waterfields all over the place which is always nice. I think a typical commander build would carry 3 waterfields on short CD, but I don’t really mess with zerg stuff.

For havoc, druids have the most access to CC in the game, which pairs really well with things like berserker eles or really any bursty class. And then druids bring pretty much every kind of small group support you could want, and depending on what build you’re using can do some 1-hit kills with short CDs while still being really tanky. A lot of posters have used a druid or ranger in the past as the “tank” which draws in a horde of unorganized solo players, and then 4 stealthed mesmers obliterate them while the druid does fairly big damage but is nigh unkillable. There is a legendary rank PvPer that posts here often videos of his pets hitting for like 25k AoE, and then add in maul, all while being tanky gear with lots of evades. That’s enough to lure in a small crowd of solo zergers and kill them all very quickly.

There is a druid that plays on yak’s bend that exclusively camps the sentry just to the west of red keep and just trolls dozens and dozens of players into killing themselves against a condi druid. Ya, you’re never, ever going to kill a condi druid. It’s amazing the amount of time people waste on him. Every now and then I see him play with some other roamers and the slaughter is just staggering. It’s effectively a PUG zerg worth of players being tied up by a condi druid and some friends. Totally troll, but people are single minded. A better location is directly out the outer wall gate at blue keep, and that is a truly impactful spot for organized roamers and a place the superior CC of druid really kills people. That really shuts down zerg reinforcements because most people use that gate.

I’ve long maintained rangers and now druids are either the best roaming class, or at least top 3 depending on how the power shifts. Rangers, mesmers, thieves, and revenants all sort of shuffle around the top spots. The exact ranking isn’t important.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Druid brought very little in terms of quality team healing support (any team size healing besides the self sustaining druid and pet team variety…) because it’s an overall poor design for movement based combat, not reliable healing, clunky to use and more fit for pve encounters

I agree fully with what you say here. Druids DO have the power to heal ppl, but because of the design of skills, and #1 being the real culprit here, it’s clunky as hell.

A rework of #1 alone could open up druid healing to actually be viable in fast moving combat.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Profession is pretty irrelevant for commanding since most people use nomad’s, but druid can plop waterfields all over the place which is always nice. I think a typical commander build would carry 3 waterfields on short CD, but I don’t really mess with zerg stuff.

For havoc, druids have the most access to CC in the game, which pairs really well with things like berserker eles or really any bursty class. And then druids bring pretty much every kind of small group support you could want, and depending on what build you’re using can do some 1-hit kills with short CDs while still being really tanky. A lot of posters have used a druid or ranger in the past as the “tank” which draws in a horde of unorganized solo players, and then 4 stealthed mesmers obliterate them while the druid does fairly big damage but is nigh unkillable. There is a legendary rank PvPer that posts here often videos of his pets hitting for like 25k AoE, and then add in maul, all while being tanky gear with lots of evades. That’s enough to lure in a small crowd of solo zergers and kill them all very quickly.

There is a druid that plays on yak’s bend that exclusively camps the sentry just to the west of red keep and just trolls dozens and dozens of players into killing themselves against a condi druid. Ya, you’re never, ever going to kill a condi druid. It’s amazing the amount of time people waste on him. Every now and then I see him play with some other roamers and the slaughter is just staggering. It’s effectively a PUG zerg worth of players being tied up by a condi druid and some friends. Totally troll, but people are single minded. A better location is directly out the outer wall gate at blue keep, and that is a truly impactful spot for organized roamers and a place the superior CC of druid really kills people. That really shuts down zerg reinforcements because most people use that gate.

I’ve long maintained rangers and now druids are either the best roaming class, or at least top 3 depending on how the power shifts. Rangers, mesmers, thieves, and revenants all sort of shuffle around the top spots. The exact ranking isn’t important.

A lot of the time I write in general terms, and that’s how I started commenting in this thread. The question asked was about viability of Rangers in wvw compared to other professions.

I’m not saying rangers are not capable of doing “things”, what I’ve been saying is that the “self sustaining roamer ranger” is the best and most notible role we have. Other professions are capable of brining better “stuff” and playable roles (roles as in dps, support, tanking…) to the table comparatively.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Druid brought very little in terms of quality team healing support (any team size healing besides the self sustaining druid and pet team variety…) because it’s an overall poor design for movement based combat, not reliable healing, clunky to use and more fit for pve encounters

I agree fully with what you say here. Druids DO have the power to heal ppl, but because of the design of skills, and #1 being the real culprit here, it’s clunky as hell.

A rework of #1 alone could open up druid healing to actually be viable in fast moving combat.

Yes, and fixing up CA alone would give us another role to play and allow this profession to contribute to teams better.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Ranger/Druid is top tier in small scale fights.

It’s trash tier pretty much everywhere else.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m not saying rangers are not capable of doing “things”, what I’ve been saying is that the “self sustaining roamer ranger” is the best and most notible role we have. Other professions are capable of brining better “stuff” and playable roles (roles as in dps, support, tanking…) to the table comparatively.

I know, and I semi-agree that self sustain is our biggest plus. Semi-agree, because while other professions bring a lot of stuff that is often better than druid, druids bring all of it at the same time. And druid CC lock is the best-in-show, so doing a bunch of things pretty decently while CCing a bunch of enemies is a great addition to a roaming team.

Overloading CC while simultaneously pooping out waterfields and minor boons, a common AoE stealth, etc. It’s excellent stuff.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Not going to mince words but we both know that isn’t true. The only difference between a T1 and below are the numbers. Has nothing to do with playing to win. Purely a numbers game and wall clock.

Look at DH/EB for one example in their 2 v 3 v 4 paring for the past few weeks. You mean DH/EB are losing because they don’t play to win? Or maybe it is just that they can’t field equal numbers…

Arena net, please come here and correct me if I’m wrong.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

Not going to mince words but we both know that isn’t true. The only difference between a T1 and below are the numbers. Has nothing to do with playing to win. Purely a numbers game and wall clock.

Look at DH/EB for one example in their 2 v 3 v 4 paring for the past few weeks. You mean DH/EB are losing because they don’t play to win? Or maybe it is just that they can’t field equal numbers…

Equal numbers my kitten . Tarnished Coast is fighting — outmanned-- Blackgate blobs the size of China+India pretty much all day and they still manage to trounce Blackgate.

Thus Blackgate runs pathetic clusters of 3 guild zergs like KnT to even try to compete against superior smaller numbers.

And that’s when they’re not trying to force a fight near their siege despite having massive numbers advantage.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Either CG can see future posts and is replying preemptively or (s)he got the wrong thread.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Either CG can see future posts and is replying preemptively or (s)he got the wrong thread.

Could be both /facepalm.

rangers suck in wvw ?

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

In zergs, rangers are bad. No proper aoe, best burst is easily reflectable and there are millions of reflects in the game. For heal staff 1 has to change. It is a good weapon but auto sucks.

In roaming, in my opinion, with the latest changes ranger/druid will become less powerful. Especially with the boon stealing from thief and warrior. Everyone says ranger has good mobility but i think it has good speed. Pure running speed. Rangers do not have a teleport skill that can be used to jump on the stairs, walls, etc. Still it is way too fast

For me problem is with ranger weapons and utility skills. Staff 1, shortbow, longbow, signets… these all need reworks for ranger to work better. (I am not including pets, I have given up that dream long ago)

But again, if you can kite well, you can easily kill many professions, but not all of them.