sPvP Condition Damage/Pet Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

The Build
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger#19|0|1242|3875|460|4253|5799|0|0|0|0|20|827|1377|0|30|2351|1356|2395|0|0|0|0|20|1803|1806|0|11|11|0|28023|28017|49981|49981|49981|49981|49981|21025|48789|0|0|0|0|

Pets

• Snow leopard
  • Lynx
  • Shark
  • Rainbow Jellyfish

Guide to Success
Weapon Usage
Use Shortbow for great sustainable damage, use the 3rd skill for SB for quick evades, 2nd skill for reducing healing on regeneration based enemies, 4th skill for pinning down targets, and 5th skill to stop spikers/healing/people helping up their friends.

Use the axe defensively, or for the chill. If your Snow Leopard misses his chill, and you NEED the chill to kill the enemy (Elementalist/Guardian/Necro…) switch to axes and use the 3rd skill to inflict quick chill. Use 2nd skill for a shotgun of bleed, use this at close range. Use 4th skill when you’re feeling bored. Use the 5th skill to do raw spike damage, or to gain some protection against ranged attackers.

Utility Skill Guide
You never need to activate Signet of the Hunt, generally speaking, the movement speed will defiantly help you more in fights than a single attack boost. Keep this skill unactivated, and basically use it as a passive buff.

Use flame trap when enemies come close, or to burst down enemies trying to run away. Excellent for combo fields, and also great in team fights. Use defensively, as you need to be on the spot that you use it on.

Zephyr is a great skill for bursting, however remember that you can’t heal during it’s duration. Also remember that it grants quickness to your pet, which can make for unbelievable burst. Make sure to activate it only when your pet is on the target, to ensure maximum damage potential. You can daze the target before popping zephyr to make sure that they are unable to do much of anything.

Entangle is great for ensuring a kill. Make sure to use it at relatively close range though, as it misses. Use it to lock down enemies and kill prime targets. Great in almost any situation.

Healing spring, use it in team fights, and any fight really. It helps your team, and it helps you. Pretty easy to use. You can be brave and pop it down in the middle of a brawl, but be careful not to die from doing so.

Against Classes
Warrior- Keep your distance, use your flame trap. Pop SB skill 5 to stop them from healing too much, or to stop a 100b spike. When finishing, make sure you stand behind your pet so the hammer hits the pet instead of you, so you can finish safely.
Elementalist- Try to keep chill/poison on as much as possible. Keep damage constant at all times, try to pop zephyr once you land a daze, or entangle.
Thief- Not much of a problem, dodge when they first appear, cripple and daze them and finish them off. Flame trap works wonders on these guys.
Engineer- Simply just kill, it doesn’t matter what you use really. If you want to get creative, use whirling defense.
Mesmer- Attack the real one once, and your pet will tend to follow it. Keep damage on the real one, pop daze once you have them out in the open and zephyr burst them down, clones can trigger flame trap which can help for the combo field. damage.
Guardian- Use poison and chill, and make sure to keep your distance. When they do the spinning Greatsword attack, use whirling defense to reflect their projectiles.
Necromancer- Poison and chill again, keep constant damage. When they enter death shroud wait for them to use their channeling ability (They will put their hand up) and then daze it to prevent them from healing/damaging.

Negatives of the Build
No stun breakers, not much raw damage, condition removal can be hard to deal with, relies on pet for some of the damage.

Positives of the Build
Great condition/pet damage, great survivability, amazing mobility, flexible for all situations.
Video
Here’s an example of what you can accomplish with this build. Hope you enjoy it.

(edited by arrownin.3128)

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

How about a link to your build for pvp – runes, amulets, all of it

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

arrownin.3128

Updated my post with the build, some guides on how to use the build, and just more information. Hope that you guys enjoy this.

Please tell me how you guys did with this build, and post your best sPvP match score with a screenshot, I’d really love to see it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

You get stun locked n rolled sorry lad , nice try tho

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Ranger

arrownin.3128

I have yet to be stunlocked, but if I do I can just get a stunbreaker :p

in Ranger

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I have yet to be stunlocked, but if I do I can just get a stunbreaker :p

1 isent enough lol hence stunlocked

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I like it as a starting point it ticks lots of boxes!! I will bet that with use OP will drop SotH and QZ, for what? Not sure but he might see value in Spike trap and LR! I also bet he will drop Axe off hand and get Torch.

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

I don’t care for zephyr anymore, I think lightening reflexes is much better, it’s stun remove is great for so many situations. I use pet swap to gain zephyr to cast my heal.

What you said about Mezma’s it true though, I find my pet picks out the right target and sticks to it as long as they don’t stealth.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

arrownin.3128

I like it as a starting point it ticks lots of boxes!! I will bet that with use OP will drop SotH and QZ, for what? Not sure but he might see value in Spike trap and LR! I also bet he will drop Axe off hand and get Torch.

I know that those are better options, I just think what I picked are cooler XD. I am a sucker for looks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I know that those are better options, I just think what I picked are cooler XD. I am a sucker for looks.

I understand completely and since it works and its fun why not.

in Ranger

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

very nice explanation of the skills and their uses in different situations imo.