sb builds in wvw?

sb builds in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

There are a few threads discussing the viability of sb in PvE and PvP but how about WvW – either zerging or roaming? I haven’t seen a ranger sb in WvW since the days of spirit roamers, but I’m curious if, with all the new runes, sigils, and stat combos, something new might be viable, be it power, condi, or hybrid. I’m skeptical that sb is anything but garbage, personally, but I’ve been surprised before. I’d fool around with some stuff myself except that I only play WvW – I don’t even have map completion in HoT – so I’m not keen on farming PvE for hours just to experiment; I want to know there’s a payoff.

So if you’ve got a WvW sb build, consider sharing.

sb builds in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Reality is that staff does almost everything that SB can do only with better utility/range/pierce native and non projactile(so its not deflected).

Sure, you can make super hybrid build to get the max value out of SB but it will be mostly a dueling build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV8YnUqA1CiNrAWsActglOB7pFEqWYO9tAQhDelGT3pl480A-TVCFABOcQAsS5X77P4nSQ70NQp6PA8AAq+IAUwFAgUABOyC-w

The basic Idea, stack 25 might and overwhelm the opponent with a combo of power damge and condi damage. Kinda like the old D/D ele.

sb builds in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWVjEqQJL2wCusAVLWMEM4s6YNt20BSdtAmAwor0VyzSD-T1SAQB/RTwL0B0GlgiR5wYUi9FlEK4QAER1fAwVAIQ7PQhHAApAubsF-w

Been having a lot of fun roaming with this. It’s fantastic for 1v1’s and skirmishing in small groups.
Pretty much the only time I’ve died on this is when I have already committed to a fight and blown several cooldowns and then another group jumps me. Any other time it’s pretty easy to get away if you need to.
Thanks to ancient seeds and how fast the bleeds start to stack up, people end up blowing their condi cleanses pretty early. Once they do you bomb them with the mad king entangle and quickness shortbow to melt them.
The life steal from the food is actually a 66% chance so it ends up proccing a good bit and makes up for not having any ferocity while using the staff (which is great anytime you are fighting a reaper or someone with a lot of projectile hate).
I think the biggest advantage is no one ever expects a hybrid build in WvW so they have a hard time figuring out how to counter you.
Retal hurts like a sonofakitten though

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended