shortbow auto attack

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

I have found some problems with th auto attack for shortbow. sometimes when I target an enemy from like miles away and then I untarget it. when I later get into attack range my raner starts to attack even if I haven’t even the enemy as target. Same goes for when I wish to stop attacking an enemy. I untarget it and keep attacking, I move around a bit but still keep attacking, I turn around, jump, walk out of range but as soon as my ranger can shoot it does.

This is very frustrating some times, especialy during the moth of zhaitan who aplied 5 stacks of confusion wich causes me to almost instant die if I can’t stop attacking. have anyone noticed the same problem or is there anything wrong with my settings?

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

Just disable autoattack then.

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

zargnath.9524

so I will have to tap skill 1, 2 times/ second?

HeXagonis [HeX]

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

Pikafan.3792

And what would be the problem with that?

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

zargnath.9524

I won’t be able to dodge nor move to the left and therefor die even more than I would because of confusion.

HeXagonis [HeX]

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

Pikafan.3792

Dodge to the right then. All those are just really bad excuses for not being able to dodge. Good players workaround problems like that, bad players make up a million and one excuses for failing hard.

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

Posted by: silor.5034

silor.5034

I’ve had problems when fighting and killing some thing and instantly engaging another mob, but I’m perty shure in my case its player related, I’m actualy engaging the skill my self, just hav’nt woried enough to realy test it out.
I would say though if you actualy drop target and your still auto attacking, that sounds like some kind of bug, I hav’nt experienced any thing like that, when I drop a target my character will stop attacking.
I would test it out in some normal mobs and see if that is hapening, if so report it, and maybe take it to the technicle suport section to see if you can get some help.

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

Posted by: SquawkBox.2548

SquawkBox.2548

Try,
Game menu – Options – Control Options (f11) – Misc – Stow / Draw Weapons
Binding that helped me a lot with those types of bugs.

shortbow auto attack

in Ranger

zargnath.9524

I managed to fix the problem now. I just hadn’t clicked the “stop auto attack on target swap” option in control options

HeXagonis [HeX]