sic'em rework

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

so what about this idea for sick’em

• range 1200. when cast the pet(must be alive) goes to the closest stealthed target and reveal them while attacking. Reveal 10 seconds. 25 seconds CD(20 seconds cd traited).

Pet does not get the buffs in damage or speed thou. the reveal duration is followiing this reasoning:

• all reveals to be balanced should apply a 1/2 ratio between duration and skill CD.
    so 5 seconds reveal should have 10 CD. This is to avoid depending exclusively permastealth.
I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

Uh, no. That would make Sic ’em a useless one trick pony. So what, you counter the stealth on a third of a third of the classes (some Mesmers, Thieves, and Scrappers)? Whoopdedoo.

No, the current version is so much better. Sure the revealed isn’t as long, so what? It’s a utility and the pet damage/attack speed buff is useful everywhere. Compared to your idea which would only benefit braindead countering a few PvP opponents and would be completely useless in PvE.

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Nah. I just want to be able to cast it without a target like Warrior’s “On My Mark!”. If a target is selected, the reveal is applied. If there’s no target selected, then the nearest target in range is revealed.

Keep the buff, otherwise, as Chrury mentioned, it would be a one-trick pony.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Nah. I just want to be able to cast it without a target like Warrior’s “On My Mark!”. If a target is selected, the reveal is applied. If there’s no target selected, then the nearest target in range is revealed.

Keep the buff, otherwise, as Chrury mentioned, it would be a one-trick pony.

I was thinking of just making it an aoe reveal like the toolbelt skill for sneak gyro but your idea is pretty interesting. It should get a shorter cooldown if it remains single target though.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

As a very long time shout ranger I have to disagree with this change. Sic Em is a big part of what lets the playstyle work. Offering some much needed burst potential to the more dps oriented builds.

Sic Em requires a target. But it enables you to HEAVILY punish that target based on your cooldown availability and pet choice. Losing that damage/mobility boost in favor of a gimmicky reveal that won’t matter in most forms of combat (completely pointless in PvE, Useless against MOST builds in PvP, that is too reliant of pet pathing and a whole new pet behavior (singling out a stealthed untargeted enemy and moving towards it in a game with movement skills and teleports)) isn’t the kind of reliability I pushed for in shouts for years.

Sic Em in its current form is a kitten good skill. It requires you to be fast against some builds yes. But the reward for using it skillfully is quite high. And it is able to function against non stealthed enemies also. Keeping it from becoming completely useless if your enemies just don’t use stealth to fight you.

Ghost Yak

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

10sec reveal lols.

Think it should stay as is. It’s a pet super buff aswell meaning it can be used on the Super op HoT pets against non-stealthers.

I suppose if I were to change it I would 5sec reveal, 25 vulnerability 5sec and remove the pet buffs. Probably wouldn’t go over too well though.

(edited by Justine.6351)

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I was thinking of just making it an aoe reveal like the toolbelt skill for sneak gyro but your idea is pretty interesting. It should get a shorter cooldown if it remains single target though.

It could be an AOE reveal, but we would have to think of how Anet gut it. I can only assume if they did change it to an AOE, it would be something along the lines:

360 radius, 3s reveal, 30s cooldown, 30% pet buffs, and a ¾s cast time command animation. It would also be a double-edge sword since the reveal would then be placed around the pet’s position unlike now where it comes from us.

That would also be Anet’s logic on why the radius would be 360 instead of 600, due to the pet being able to be in one place while the player was at another – notwithstanding pet issues.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Sic em is perfectly fine I have no idea why anyone would want to even change it let alone nerf it……

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Sic em is perfectly fine I have no idea why anyone would want to even change it let alone nerf it……

It’s lackluster.
Not really fine but has it’s uses in recreative role-play days.

Having the 10 sec reveal and 25 sec CD would be …
… Dunno.
People (thieves mainly) would rage, Rangers would rage for having their beloved ability changed (they did so even with Guard rework), everyone would rage and no one would use it anyway.

Nice idea, but no for me. Not worth.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

It’s lackluster.

… Dunno.
People (thieves mainly) would rage, Rangers would rage for having their beloved ability changed (they did so even with Guard rework), everyone would rage and no one would use it anyway.

Lackluster? This skill is one of the best shouts and largely what enabled me to hit legendary in season one on BASE ranger.

Its effect is really strong ever since it was fixed to no longer cancel. I don’t see any need to rework this at all.

Forget about the reveal. The damage bonus ALONE is great. Infact if it was just a reveal (aoe or otherwise) I wouldn’t even bother slotting it. Id go for another stunbreak or some other dps cooldown. But as it is right now it can be used on ANYTHING effectively. Want to break a dragonhunter quickly? Pet swap into bristleback stand on the other side of the dragonhunter so his blocks are hitting you and use sic em for 40% more damage to the bristleback f2 with quickness.

Chase down a fleeing target? Swap to smokescale or a wolf and use sic em instead of the attack command to send the pet chasing it down with 40% speed bonus so it starts its smoke assault/crippling leap doing very high damage. (BEFORE HOT I was able to get tail swipe on drake to reliably hit for over 10k in pvp)

Making this skill just a reveal would be pushing it so far into a tiny niche that you would be REMOVING it as a usable skill in most fights. Making it more of a risk to use than anything else.

Edit: Bah sorry for blowing up on this though. Just a part of me cant understand how people seem to thing this skill just doesn’t do anything useful. And changing it in the way described here would HEAVILY damage the build ive used to hit legendary each season. (With almost 0 benefit from the change itself)

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

It’s lackluster.

… Dunno.

Lackluster? This skill is one of the best shouts and largely what enabled me to hit legendary in season one on BASE ranger.

Its effect is really strong ever since it was fixed to no longer cancel. I don’t see any need to rework this at all.

Well, since pretty much all other shouts got nerfed…
… The thing is that pets still suck at hitting moving targets. Increased movement speed doesn’t offer a solution to it. It has a long cooldown and is extremely easy to counter, doesn’t work well with pet swap (so you can’t have 25 mighted pet AND have quickness on him from BM Zephyr) and I could think of some others.

The ability is very situational, and pretty much lackluster. Yes, I’m sorry, but the fact that you are a good player doesn’t mean the ability is perfect.

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Justine.6351

It’s lackluster.

… Dunno.

Well, since pretty much all other shouts got nerfed…
… The thing is that pets still suck at hitting moving targets. Increased movement speed doesn’t offer a solution to it. It has a long cooldown and is extremely easy to counter, doesn’t work well with pet swap (so you can’t have 25 mighted pet AND have quickness on him from BM Zephyr) and I could think of some others.

The ability is very situational, and pretty much lackluster. Yes, I’m sorry, but the fact that you are a good player doesn’t mean the ability is perfect.

Did you start playing again?

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I suppose if I were to change it I would 5sec reveal, 25 vulnerability 5sec and remove the pet buffs. Probably wouldn’t go over too well though.

Sounds like a nerf to me? Why do you want to lower the reveal effect, just like you wanted to lower taunt duration?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Did you start playing again?

I was thinking of it but I always prevented myself from doing so.
I keep a constant track of what’s going on in-game but as I could see – nothing really changed in Ranger’s favor. Therefore – I only keep myself present on forums to paste my opinions or help to newcomers as I always did.

Did I miss anything except for a new expansion announcement ?

sic'em rework

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Sounds like a nerf to me? Why do you want to lower the reveal effect, just like you wanted to lower taunt duration?

You don’t need 6 sec and trimming it could maybe justify a hard stack of vulnerability. The reason I suggested taunt rework/duration was because a 2sec taunt 600 radius 5 target (shout pets) would have been excessive if stacked with the smaller aoe taunt which would also be 2sekittenrimmed.