so hows the new blast finisher?

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

heya fellow rangers! im looking to my Melee power rangers and others who use the Horn. how has this effected you so far?

if you run with a thief you can do Aoe stealth in their smoke fields. other then that, anyone found some fun stuff?

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

In power builds? I likely see self combos in healing spring for additions heals. Realistically it would be nicer in trap builds as the blast increases the skills horrible 1stack of might for 15 seconds to 4 stacks (with 3 lasting 20! Isn’t it funny how much better a simple combo is than a classes 35 second cooldown skill!)

While we are on the subject of condis, I think that Hunter’s call would suit the torment condition extremely well, I mean the fact you are getting swarmed by a flock of birds could very well be seen as ‘tormenting’. If the condition was added the warhorn I may be tempted to drop my torch for it! If it were up to me, I would slow down the attack rate of the birds and make each bird hit apply a single stack of torment for one second on the enemy.

As it currently stands however, the warhorn has insanely long cooldowns for very mediocre skills even with the blast finisher.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

in Ranger

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

What if I throw all my traps around me including healing spring and blow that horn?

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

You would need enemies to trigger the traps before you can blast anything at all.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Simon.3106

Yes, I am aware of that, FrouFrou. =) Does all the effects combine and activate at once? I have never done it before so I wouldn’t know (blast finisher)

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

What if I throw all my traps around me including healing spring and blow that horn?

Also it doesn’t matter how many fields there are, you will only get the one finisher, if fields are placed overtop of one another you get the finisher for the field that was the most recent.

in Ranger

Simon.3106

I thought so… Thank you, ShadowPuppet.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

only the oldest field count. btw its a wvw update on warhorn. befor the zerg roll, everybody use blasts to stack might and/or haste from static and fire field. so its perfect for it, but nothing extra.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Raeyne.5086

Raeyne.5086

I like to synchronise it with healing well, to give some extra healing as I buff up

Commander Taranius Vier – Guardian
Leucetius Vier – Necromancer | Adiella Vier – Ranger
Proudly representing The Unlikely Plan [TUP] on Aurora Glade.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

only the oldest field count. btw its a wvw update on warhorn. befor the zerg roll, everybody use blasts to stack might and/or haste from static and fire field. so its perfect for it, but nothing extra.

dont say that….
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlYDbkoqyOwSxi1OQ0ewJzjp3jYx+27KMqMW6BZSA-jAzAorIjyAoGAEEI6DcWsIas1tioxqmDkyGTpqUb9F0cJK1CB8dMA-e

Atm, thats my build. seems weird at first, and it is. its pure damage, and sustain… and let me tell you a story, of how to never die… first you put down a Healing spring, and due to insane healing stats, you heal for alot, then someone tries to burst you down while you stand IN your water field, you use horn 5, and their entire burst got healed in 1 second…. then you spin in circles, toying with the little thief, making yourself invisible just to see him stand there wondering what on earth happened, and suddenly he got attacked by a flock of angry birds, then a cat (panther) suddenly appeared and bite the thief. And the ranger? She was suddenly 1200 units away, spamming Rapid fire on the thief. So the thief thought, lets use stealth to get close. but i just shot a passing by eagle critter and stealthed myself, making the thief really mad. Then i just killed it…..

The morale of this story is; stealth + double instant healing = sad thief

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

well, just for fun i bought an apothecary horn and went into the BL’s to beat up on some yaks and bears ect. I would run in with drake activated and drop bonfire,switch to my S/H and use H5 +H4 +s3 . what this did is the following.

my pet and I blasted at the same time so that was 7 stacks of might, plus the drake ltn breath and the birds. the bears were dead before s3 even connected. so despite losing my Dagger abilities (which are far superior i believe) it was a neat little idea. Im going to try it for half an evening tonight in our 10 man skirmish group to see how it feels. I dont plan on sticking with it for long, but its always nice to know the ins and outs of all your classes abilities.

as a side note i ran into a kitteny long bow ranger who was looking to use their new found stealth to bring me to my demise…..well that diddnt work out so hot for him. When he stealthed i cast guard on top of where he stealthed and when he came out my wolf pounded him like a prison wife. at the end of the day it seems stealth is good for lasting 3 more seconds, maybe someone can get a heal or a spike off in that time. other then that..business as usual for our poor bow rangers.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

hyjaxxx
if you trait for shouts + warhorn, you can get permanent swiftness and regen for your entire crew, in addition to the blast finisher. It could provide you with a very interesting support role.

as for the bow; the bow user must have been really poorly skilled. He shoulda used the 3sec stealth to either run away, or charge you like a mad bull with a GS…. anything else and its a waste.

Although, i’d agree that stealth could easily be extended up to 5 seconds without it causing imbalance. at best we can stealth every 10.5 seconds (considering skill cast, actual arrow flight and cooldown) as is, so a 2 second extention would not change much.
“Hide in Plain Sight” could be used to extend duration of stealth skils, or a minor trait in WS could extend periods of stealth, making sure that Hunters Shot and “hide in plain sight” are actually fully worth it.

lets see how things go first.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

I think the CD of Call of the Wild is just too kitten high!

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Although, i’d agree that stealth could easily be extended up to 5 seconds without it causing imbalance. at best we can stealth every 10.5 seconds (considering skill cast, actual arrow flight and cooldown) as is, so a 2 second extention would not change much.

IMO the beauty of the new Stealth buff doesn’t have anything to do with actually being stealthed. I also play a Thief and a Mesmer, and 3 seconds of stealth is nothing. That barely covers the time needed for the animations. No, for us Rangers, the beauty is in the synergy with the MM line and Precise Strikes (25pts) and Remorseless (30pts). Remorseless has now been changed to grant Opening Strike when stealthed, and with Precise Strikes granting 100% crit chance on for Opening Strike, THIS is where the power in the new stealth pays off. It’s basically an on-demand 100% crit chance for the Ranger. Use it wisely…..

Now back to the OP’s topic of blast finishers – WOOT! Now you too can AOE heal by throwing down Healing Spring and tooting on your horn, or buff friends up with Bonfire and a honk! Everyone will LOVE Rangers now, and invite us to all the cool kid parties! OK, maybe not, but at least we’re a little more helpful to a group.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

(edited by Thorson.9218)

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Horn is actually very very nasty for Trap Builds Right now, people aren’t getting how nasty it actually is.

The Channel Attack hits 16 times, 16…

Use Sharpened Edges with Sigil of Earth on that weapon set, and you’ll see how nasty it is.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

IMO the beauty of the new Stealth buff doesn’t have anything to do with actually being stealthed. I also play a Thief and a Mesmer, and 3 seconds of stealth is nothing. That barely covers the time needed for the animations. No, for us Rangers, the beauty is in the synergy with the MM line and Precise Strikes (25pts) and Remorseless (30pts). Remorseless has now been changed to grant Opening Strike when stealthed, and with Precise Strikes granting 100% crit chance on for Opening Strike, THIS is where the power in the new stealth pays off. It’s basically an on-demand 100% crit chance for the Ranger. Use it wisely…..

Now back to the OP’s topic of blast finishers – WOOT! Now you too can AOE heal by throwing down Healing Spring and tooting on your horn, or buff friends up with Bonfire and a honk! Everyone will LOVE Rangers now, and invite us to all the cool kid parties! OK, maybe not, but at least we’re a little more helpful to a group.

My understanding is that the trait is currently bugged, so it applies opening strike but no crit…

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Remorseless/Precise shot is bugged, causing the “Opening Strike has 100% crit chance” NOT to reset when you stealth. So until this gets patched, that stealth is only a 3sec “get out of jail” card. I like it, no doubt about it. And i will use it to its full extent in order to kitten off thieves.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

And i will use it to its full extent in order to kitten off thieves.

I’m going to stealth stomp whenever I can for the lolz. :>

in Ranger

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

its pure damage, and sustain… a

no… no it isnt.

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Ranger

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Remorseless/Precise shot is bugged, causing the “Opening Strike has 100% crit chance” NOT to reset when you stealth. So until this gets patched, that stealth is only a 3sec “get out of jail” card. I like it, no doubt about it. And i will use it to its full extent in order to kitten off thieves.

Bummer that it’s bugged.

Kitten off Thieves? With a 3 second stealth? Not likely, but hey, if it feels good to you, I say do it!

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

And i will use it to its full extent in order to kitten off thieves.

I’m going to stealth stomp whenever I can for the lolz. :>

Hadnt even considered that. I the next downed thief I see will be getting that treatment even if I have to stand there and wait for it to come off CD :P

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

A blast finisher on a ranger weapon is awesome and the warhorn was already good but some of the hype is a bit over the top when it comes to zerging in WvW. Guardians are the class to play in WvW and their hammer has a blast finisher on something like a 5 second cool down. A blast finisher on the warhorn is nice, but it’s no game changer especially when neither the sword nor the axe are ideal zerging weapons. Blast finishers in a zerg setting were never a problem (and the warhorn one has such a long cooldown that it’s not much of a difference) but blast finishers that the ranger controls will be incredibly powerful. Healing Spring and any combo field are much more interesting to a ranger. Guardians didn’t have an on demand water field, so pulling off an AoE heal is a built into combo for the ranger. Healing Spring is basically carrying the class at this point :P.

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Been great so far. Using it in my own water field more than any other.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.