so wait i just had some creepy idea

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Ok so just now they made a rune that allows you to stealth for 4 second when placing a trap… what prevent a ranger from running 30 in skirmish and 20 in BM with 20 in survival (for stealth when disable and base condi transfer) with a full trap build? i mean this might Sound crazy but when pet attack stealth doesnt break for us it means you could naturaly just troll people out with a bursting damage pet while staying hidden and kiting about 95% of the time by placing movement impairing trap everywhere o_O and or pushing/escaping with longbow/greatsword /sword.

I mean offensive defence with the endlessly respawning pet dealing 100% of the damage?

Also consider the fact if you run longbow you have 4 stealth each of 4 second duration + the knockback the pet fear and add to this joke the fact that you can stack in ice field cripple field and poison/burn field… idk about you but i know that most of those trap once cooldown are reduced have a CD of about 20 (aka way shorter then thieve deception skills wich are around 30) and that you can practicaly cycle trought them nearly achieving a near perma stealth not to mention stealth on CC so lol… find me? Well you can always run away from the pet that bleed you on strike (likely a bird) and stack the dps out of your hp while i trap the entire field XD

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Stealth is 3s for both traps and LB, flame/viper/spike/frost traps have respectively 12/16/20/24 seconds cd, lb traited has 9.5s cd so tecnically is possible to achieve perma stealth but then what ? pet alone cannot kill players.

in Ranger

kyubi.3620

actualy yes they can x.x a pet can easily crit serious dps even if not might caped and with 20 in skirm you can actualy give it might on crit

in Ranger

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

Troll level 10/10

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

in Ranger

kyubi.3620

Troll level 10/10

Totaly… and +1 it would just be a ’’Damaging’’ remake of the permastealth thief XD

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

If a trap triggers, the stealth is removed (and revealed applied). Only Frosttrap doesn’t, since it doesn’t do damage.

in Ranger

kyubi.3620

Well thats if you have the guy run into the trap it doesnt mean you cant just place them somewhere else with the targeting so to cover your escape not to mention the point of the build isnt as much to force them to run into the traps as to have the pet do all the nasty work for you

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I guess you’d need to use Celestial or Rampagers to make the LB worth it, which is fine, but you’d still always suffer the problem all trappers have – Condition Removal.

The need for 30 in Skirm and need for Traps on your utility bar are what force Trappers into always taking EB in the first places.. the only way round using EB is to coble together enough cleanses through Runes/Sigils/Bear/Food/HS… but if you are taking the Bear and Runes out of that you are really left with no serious cleansing option.

So.. maybe good for trolling.. might even kill quite a few people.. but there is a serious and obvious flaw in the build :P

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

kyubi.3620

well of course cond removal would suck you can always clean it with Healing spring x.x but yea its not very viable against condition build save for the fact that what cannot see you cannot hit you so you can prety much out time the conditions out and prevent overstacking

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Stealth is 3s for both traps and LB, flame/viper/spike/frost traps have respectively 12/16/20/24 seconds cd, lb traited has 9.5s cd so tecnically is possible to achieve perma stealth but then what ? pet alone cannot kill players.

Wanna make a bet? We have a trait line to improve them for a reason.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Ranger

kyubi.3620

pet can very much kill a player on its own the general reason why pet doesnt is because the ranger dies first. If the pet has its movement speed increased in any way it already is more then capable of perma hiting you, add to that a bleed damage per attack and all you need to do is Watch your little bird stack the dot on him along with its already constant physical attack (id run a howl for this because of the free frozen condition wich can realy be anoying) the guy is good for dying

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

well of course cond removal would suck you can always clean it with Healing spring x.x but yea its not very viable against condition build save for the fact that what cannot see you cannot hit you so you can prety much out time the conditions out and prevent overstacking

Would Sigils of Generosity or Purity on the LB give you enough condi clear cover? Granted you need enough crit to proc it, but after watching the Koroshi vs Floppy duel it appeard to me to work quite well.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Lets see a video of a pet vs players (lvl 80 with a decent build) and I’ll belive you

in Ranger

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNBjYDbkRl6VbXxbFqWDAIUrCA2PQF8BvHjrdbLYxB-T1hBABAcRAaUJoGPBgPVPwTVcAT5n57PQKAkFGB-w

lol this is so bad but would be hilarious to see someone use. Basically lead off with frost trap to hide then place others where foes won’t step and grab some popcorn and watch the death match. And when you unstealth rely on pet CC to run until cooldowns are off, rinse, repeat.

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

in Ranger

kyubi.3620

well even if you take down the first pet the guy has another he can switch to even then you shoulndt understimate a pet with 25 might stack he likely overdps your health bar, That build however likely wont run on a massive ammount of might

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Using traps in order with 4sec gaps won’t kill a target you will at somepoint have to plant more than one in the same spot quickly.
though this Rune does allow traps to be used as a Survival Method like a thief does using stealth.
though when the Trap spike Fails 2/3 traps will be on cool down so a weapon set is needed to ether do damage/Migrate damage.

its Range is limited to Traps (if you ever want to down anyway quick enough)
Sb on its own takes too long on its own , LB won’t have any damage because of being Traited/stated for traps.
so the main options are A/D , S/H or Gs+S/A (axe to camp traps with whirl if someone decided to try and finish you by Range)

i do think its Fine , it might be a Problem is a hybrid Beastmaster trapper was built but then the Traps would have little direct condition damage then would fall into a Area Denial / Sub damage to get the pet into combat.
focusing the pets will win the fight, as long as the condis don’t stack up, just focus the pets Hard after they bring out the second pet you have 20secs to Burst down the second one leaving the Ranger in a State of No damage.

Axe main had may help the pet a lot more but it will soon Drop off the Ranger fast , if he can’t maintain his dps.

Disrupt>shock pet>rush ranger>kill pet in the process> force to swap pet to use f2 to release some pressure> disrupt the ranger>focus pet again.
fighting a beastmaster has always been a Juggling act between Ranger+pet the Addition of Traps is just onther CC factor if build this way.

so i do think its fine.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

What about full spec’ into Marks to pick up Remorseless? Opening Strike+Trap=AOE Vuln+Stealth… next pulse of the trap triggers Opening Strike again…

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Easy in theory next to impossible in practice. I’ve already tried. You can have quite a bit of stealth uptime but it’s extremely difficult to stay stealthed for any longer than 5seconds. IMO it’s completely not worth it to make a build focused on stealthing having the pet do all the damage. You would need to put in a considerable amount of effort to stay invisible, more so than you would be putting in to kill someone in the first place. So if you want to try 10x harder to kill someone just so you can be invisible 75% of the fight then go right ahead. A video would be fun to watch, too.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

What about full spec’ into Marks to pick up Remorseless? Opening Strike+Trap=AOE Vuln+Stealth… next pulse of the trap triggers Opening Strike again…

I’ve just done it .

As for Condition removal, with that high amount of super speed and stealth, you’re perfectly fine even against condi engineers and P/D thieves. And you just kite Necromancers to death.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144