some people think rangers are bad

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i was tired of seeing all these negative posts about rangers being bad.so i decided to posts some videos of some really good rangers in pvp ,WvW,Pve and let them know i had the same build has one of the guys in the videos. and it still works and some believe that the videos and build are BS i had some time to think about them thinking its BS and the build is bad and i decided i am glad that they do. means less other rangers i have to worry about so i will stop posting and defending the class because in the end it benefits me in the long run..and PS to the people that hate on the rangers i dumped my guardian for my ranger has my main if that tells you anything. so good bye……rangers lead the way

master jedi david

in Ranger

Posted by: Tychondus.4821

Tychondus.4821

Rangers are neither here nor there. They are just fine as it is for PvE. As for the other gameplay. I personally think rangers are lacking. I wholeheartedly believe rangers need some rework. Nevertheless i take build videos with a grain of salt. I watch them and try and understand the scenario in which the advertised build would be good for, anything else is just pure speculation. Besides most of these are nothing more than cherry picked video.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thalionsir.5976

Thalionsir.5976

I must comment that the Ranger forums are the only ones on which I see complaint threads. Of that does not tell you something, well try this: only the players that care are going to be on the forums, so the excuse “Don’t be a bad Ranger” I think, wears a little thin. People are actually here because they want to be better Rangers, you will not find many of the “Bad” Rangers on the forums.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I must comment that the Ranger forums are the only ones on which I see complaint threads. Of that does not tell you something, well try this: only the players that care are going to be on the forums, so the excuse “Don’t be a bad Ranger” I think, wears a little thin. People are actually here because they want to be better Rangers, you will not find many of the “Bad” Rangers on the forums.

O-hoo? I didn’t know we have people this thoughtful among us =)
… +1 Sir
Well said.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Thalionsir.5976

Thalionsir.5976

I shall also post the class sample text taken from the main website for any of you who might have forgotten.

Rangers,

Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows. With traps, nature spirits, and a stable of loyal pets at their command, rangers can adapt to any situation.

Pets,

Rangers are accompanied by their pets, fierce animal companions who fight at their side. Rangers can have up to two pets at their call, and they can switch between the two animals during combat. Rangers can command their pets to attack specific targets, assign their pets a behavior mode, such as “passive” or “active,” and activate the special skill that is unique to each pet type. To recruit a pet, rangers charm juvenile animals in the wild such as giant flightless birds, loyal dogs, fierce monsters, and even undersea creatures like sharks.

Special Skills,

Traps
Rangers can punish enemies who dare to approach them with traps, skills that are placed on the ground nearby. Traps remain active as long as rangers stay nearby or until an enemy triggers it. For example, Spike Trap cripples and bleeds opponents that pass through it.

Spirits
Rangers can summon spirits of nature to their side during a battle. These powerful spirits influence the area around it. For example, Sun Spirit grants any allied attacks within range a 20% chance to cause burning.

Sounds great!

Yeah…

in Ranger

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I do alright in PvP. The complaints are from the uneducated or those who refuse to believe that rangers are capable of more than standing at 1500 range while their bear tanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I shall also post the class sample text taken from the main website for any of you who might have forgotten.

Rangers,

Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows. With traps, nature spirits, and a stable of loyal pets at their command, rangers can adapt to any situation.

Pets,

Rangers are accompanied by their pets, fierce animal companions who fight at their side. Rangers can have up to two pets at their call, and they can switch between the two animals during combat. Rangers can command their pets to attack specific targets, assign their pets a behavior mode, such as “passive” or “active,” and activate the special skill that is unique to each pet type. To recruit a pet, rangers charm juvenile animals in the wild such as giant flightless birds, loyal dogs, fierce monsters, and even undersea creatures like sharks.

Special Skills,

Traps
Rangers can punish enemies who dare to approach them with traps, skills that are placed on the ground nearby. Traps remain active as long as rangers stay nearby or until an enemy triggers it. For example, Spike Trap cripples and bleeds opponents that pass through it.

Spirits
Rangers can summon spirits of nature to their side during a battle. These powerful spirits influence the area around it. For example, Sun Spirit grants any allied attacks within range a 20% chance to cause burning.

Sounds great!

Yeah…

I wish traps and spirits actually did what the bolded said… Instead we have mild paper cuts, and “oh look, a kittentier AoE signet that’s effect is so boring you don’t even have to think about using it!”

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Lace.9472

Lace.9472

i was tired of seeing all these negative posts about rangers being bad.so i decided to posts some videos of some really good rangers in pvp ,WvW,Pve and let them know i had the same build has one of the guys in the videos. ….

Hello, I am someone who’s disappointed at the balance of the ranger compared to other classes. I am specifically annoyed that we don’t have that many viable ranged builds with bows.

I noticed that the last few videos/builds you’ve shared are sword and axe.

Do you have any viable ranged builds to share with me? I am particularly interested in dungeons/WvW.

I think the bow ranger right now is bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Rangers,

Pets,

Special Skills,

Traps

Spirits

Sounds great!

Yeah…

I wish traps and spirits actually did what the bolded said… Instead we have mild paper cuts, and “oh look, a kittentier AoE signet that’s effect is so boring you don’t even have to think about using it!”

i wish i could report people for posting that description.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

i was tired of seeing all these negative posts about rangers being bad.so i decided to posts some videos of some really good rangers in pvp ,WvW,Pve and let them know i had the same build has one of the guys in the videos. ….

Hello, I am someone who’s disappointed at the balance of the ranger compared to other classes. I am specifically annoyed that we don’t have that many viable ranged builds with bows.

Do you have any viable ranged builds to share with me? I am particularly interested in dungeons/WvW.

Ranging isn’t very viable in dungeons/fractals right now and is only done when you/your party are unable to melee encounters. Having even 1 party member at range will cause bosses to use extra attacks. You will also receive less boons/buffs from their party on top of ranged weapons generally being less DPS than melee weapons.

At the absolute minimum, you need to be within 600 range of your entire party to help support them. For other classes, ele and engineer have viable build(s) that involve ranged weapons.

Staff ele is high dps and is good if you are the 2nd ele in the party. Elementalists have traits that make them do more damage within 600 range so max ranging with staff is discouraged, as well as attunement swapping. Grenade engineer is also viable, but you want to be within 600 range again to blast might for your allies and receive boons.

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i can honestly say no i have no idea about any bow builds this will sound odd but i have never had interest in the bow i have always enjoyed the fast skills of the melee ranger builds i am a moron for not even thinking about the people that enjoy using the bow

master jedi david

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

I just let the hordes of players I bring down in pvp and wvw everyday with my ranger do the talk about how bad rangers are, especially when I get to win those 1 vs 3 fights.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i think some most people are bad.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU