stowing pets

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

Please can you give us the ability to stow our pets and keep them stowed!!, when i put my pet away its for a good reason and to have the kitten thing pop back out everytime i get hit is beyond annoying and outright dangerous, i just got killed because of it hence this post, im tired of it..

Ive played other pet classes before and ive never seen a stowed pet pop back at its own will before..

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Could you explain more in detail how it got you killed? Was it blocking your path while doing jumping puzzles or it went off and aggro mobs? It it’s the later, you could change its behavior to avoid combat, which helps, a lot.

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

When pets become combat engaged, you become combat-engaged, and vice versa. This can work to your detriment, for example, in the cliffside fractal, when you pick up the hammer at the windy tower portion, you take damage. Normally, since you would be out of combat, you could heal this damage quickly and continue on with the tower climb. Instead, your pet pops out, you can’t put him back, and of course he decides to run out in front of the blasting winds and get himself stuck in “combat”, leaving you without the ability to get rid of that godawful combat slowness on a puzzle that requires speed.

Pets will aggro mobs whether they are active or passive, it’s just that passive pets are better at sticking near the ranger, so the aggro radius is only slightly larger than with the pet stowed.

Pets also suicidally trigger as many traps as they can while dungeoneering.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Instead, your pet pops out, you can’t put him back, and of course he decides to run out in front of the blasting winds and get himself stuck in “combat”, leaving you without the ability to get rid of that godawful combat slowness on a puzzle that requires speed.

Warhorn?

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Antrew.9620

Antrew.9620

It is really annoying that you automatically enter combat mode when your pet gets attacked. Instead of having the option to keep pet stowed (since pets are supposed to be the main advantage to rangers) just making it so that you don’t enter combat mode when your pet gets attacked would be great. Or at the very least make it if your pet is on ‘avoid combat’ and gets attacked you don’t enter combat mode.

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

Yeah getting slowed cause your pet wanders to far from you when running through mobs is another little suprise.

Dont get me wrong i love the ranger, some people have said they are nerfed or etc etc, i still think the class is fine, just the pets need alittle bit more training me thinks.

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

(edited by Zurchin.8479)

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Yes I really want this!

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

stowing pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I have an alt ranger, that Im beginning to love with 1h sword and dagger, but the pet is so annoying, I would love to have the option of not even using it and just focus using my character.

Crazy Leg