tPvP: Ranger Situation

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I’ve been contemplating getting into tPvP with my Ranger using a BM build. I was wondering, as someone with no tournament experience, how viable is the Ranger?

And on the topic of Rangers, I’ve been getting mixed reviews on Rangers in PvP. Some say we make strong bunkers with high pet damage while others say pets are a joke and we don’t bring anything another class can’t do better. Which is it?

in Ranger

Posted by: DDog.4350

DDog.4350

Rangers are good PvP’ers. I think the most popular build is based on traps/shortbow with loads of condition damage tho.

in Ranger

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

the pictures are taken from tournaments,i usually solo join so my teammates are all different but my score is more or less consistent thus meaning ranger can fit in teams well. But rangers are not as OP as mesmers/thieves and ele so we got to work abit harder hehe

Personal favourite so far is Condition Signet ranger and Healing Beastmaster. I tweak my build every week and overhaul them everymonth so I can’t recall the exact traits for some of the picture. but the latest one is 0/0/30/10/30

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

the two main builds you want to be looking at is the trapper build for high dps or the healing bm bunker build for close point or far point..

just do a quick search for trapper build or bunker build to see the variations