thief vs ranger with a SB

in Ranger

Posted by: arminius.5270

arminius.5270

do thieves do more damage than a ranger with a SB?

in Ranger

Posted by: Karadoth.8370

Karadoth.8370

if/as long as they can spam cluster bomb at close range, otherwise no.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Yes thief shortbow does more damage. You can burst with thief SB (cluster bomb spam +poison+auto attack), and the auto attack hits harder than ranger’s auto attack.

You can take out whole groups on a point with thief SB and stealth teleport to safety if they try to focus you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Apophis.8561

Apophis.8561

thief shortbow takes a nice dump on our shortbow. why ? ricochet. if you are near your pet your going to get hit twice fora crit of around 1000-1600 each hit. and cluster bomb HURTS.

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

Like the others said, if the thief can get off cluster bombs successfully, they will do more damage. Cluster bombs arcs really slowly though and you can’t spam them like you can with other thief skills.

Damage wise, if you ignore cluster bomb, you will probably outdamage the thief.

in Ranger

Posted by: Basho.5936

Basho.5936

Thief’s shortbow also fires arrows that course correct while in flight. It leads to faaaar fewer false ‘obstructed’ and ‘out of range’ errors. It causes me to doubt that the developers understand the obstructed issue, after they have said it is caused by map bugs.

(edited by Basho.5936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Thief’s shortbow also fires arrows the course correct while in flight. It leads to faaaar fewer false ‘obstructed’ and ‘out of range’ errors. It causes me to doubt that the developers understand the obstructed issue, after they have said it is caused by map bugs.

Agree completely. They say that all classes obtain this error equally, well, that’s not true at all. I’ve played all classes except for engi and necro, while my main is a ranger but slowly switching to a thief. My thief barely ever gets the obstruction/outofrange errors. The warrior bow and rifle seldom get it, while its usually 10-20% on my ranger in WvW.

RIP in peace Robert