thinking of doing WvW

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

hi everyone i was thinking of trying WvW . i i have two builds in mind i was wondering if one would be good in WvW. thank you in advance for your thoughts on the matter http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsY3fnUqAVsiFsCOsAUtgFMBD+m2TLqP3gJXFrZZNACAloyzA-TFiAABAcQAWa/hyU+1oSwOeCAFp+Dd6HK4EAQKg+GbB-whttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsY3fnUqANsgVsCmsAUtgFMBrZZNACAOJuFwjD+m2TLqlMsKA-TBiAQBA4gAsk9DOi6PF4EAgD9D0UJIJV+1hnAApAmUsF-e

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Nope.

Not even a little bit.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I would suggest a build for you, but I rarely WvW myself. I wish you the best

NSPride <3

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Condi Ranger is kind of crud in WvW, it’s very, very easy for enemies to run from you. It’s only good for surviveability (until a zerg runs thru) and fighting bad players when slightly outnumbered.

IMO power builds that utilize staff/gs or staff/sword-x are superior.

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Try it and find out if you enjoy it? It wouldn’t be my preferred style but still. What role were you hoping for?

I definitely wouldn’t consider myself an expert here but the only things a build really needs for wvw is basically just condi clear and mobility. If you have that then everything else can be swapped to fit scenarios or personal preference. It’s already an unfair game mode so embrace that and play what you enjoy, knowing that there are going to be times when you die no matter what build you run.

I tend to prefer a more hybrid damage style for sword and axe (I just don’t feel they have enough condi application to merit full condi investment), so like celestial stats would be my choice (since as a druid you will always benefit somewhat from healing power), one of the benefits of celestial being that you can vary your build to try new things or to spec for different roles in wvw with relative ease.

Sword is good for mobility assuming you master the knack for it (I never could). Axe is good for tagging in zerg fights and might, downside is shorter range. You have condi clear.

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

WvW depends largely on your play style and the world, EotM or normal WvW, then, solo, zerg, defender, etc.

Typically commanders talk about front row and back row classes, we as a ranger fall into back row which is ranged and support.

If however in EotM you like to slash things then go ahead, in WvW not so much.

A mistake I made when getting my set was too much toughness, if I plan to do raids I need a little less apparently.

Must haves IMO
- Druid trait line
- 33% Permanent swiftness
- equip staff and great sword for faster movement
- SOTP elite for its stability (prevents knockdowns)

Personal choice
- Resounding timber, help grant swiftness to those around you
- traps, spike for knockdown
- longbow to swap GS for zerg fights

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I made some changes to your build to make it work a little better for roaming http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsY3fjEqQDL2yCmsAVLW4EMnA3A4wB3Svp90mhVfLAUy0qA-TxRHQBsQ9nOofIjKBDwJBIhK/AwTAIE7PQKgFFbB-e

Krait runes work well with entangle, smokescale will help trigger ancient seeds and provide you with access to stealth so you have a safe stomp, between druidic clarity and your survival skills you shouldn’t have to much problem with conditions, and natural stride will keep people from running circles around you.

You still won’t have the easiest time chasing someone down but if you go to a enemy bl to snag some camps it should take more than a couple people to stop you.

One thing you may want to consider is swapping signet of stone depending on what you are running into that day. You might find signet of the wild for stability might come in handy, or one of the traps for a bit more damage, or even protect me for another stun break/taunt/protection.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Trailblazer is definitely going to be better than dire, I just didn’t want to mess with his gear choices too much.
I don’t know about celestial shadow over natural stride. I’d do that in PvP or if I was running with a group, but perma swiftness is going to be a lot more helpful while roaming, especially since he already has access to stealth and superspeed.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Decided to mess around with condi roaming builds and came up with this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW3fjEqQ7K2tCusAVLWMEM4s6YNtyEAGdNgmOQqrFUyKSD-T1SAABrv/Q0HBAKuAAtpEEJ1fUUzwYKZU4gA8lyJAeAA/pDIAACwO3ZysMDszduzduzdWKA7WDA-w

It has a good amount of cc, condi clear and mobility. The staff will actually keep up a fair amount of bleeds and if you are fighting 1vX the traps make it pretty kitten ed tough for them to rez.
In the past couple days I’ve won a number of 1v3’s and escaped a lot of bad situations.

I’ve been tempted to try it out with my viper set instead of dire but I really didn’t feel like crafting/spending the gold on another set of trapper runes.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-ranger-build/

That my WvW ranger build above, however I don’t recommend running ranger in WvW to begin with. Every class is better at WvW than ranger for larger group play. Ranger lacks the AOE damage to matter in WvW and we don’t need a dedicated healer which is most of what druid brings to the table for group play. I’d recommend literally any other class, but you’re really best off playing something like Necromancer or Elementalist.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

http://asphyxia.tv/wvw-roaming-ranger-build/

That my WvW ranger build above, however I don’t recommend running ranger in WvW to begin with. Every class is better at WvW than ranger for larger group play. Ranger lacks the AOE damage to matter in WvW and we don’t need a dedicated healer which is most of what druid brings to the table for group play. I’d recommend literally any other class, but you’re really best off playing something like Necromancer or Elementalist.

….. I have bit my tongue until now but it’s getting pretty old seeing you spam your site on every forum.
Just post your build. If you don’t even play ranger in wvw don’t bother commenting at all.

LGN

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I run ascended celestial armor, toughness/healing accessories, and run nature magic, beast mastery, and druid. This is what I roam or duo with and it works well for my play style. Runes of durability are key.

Sure, not the fastest pony in the race but it does just about everything I need. I did run into a enemy Druid the other day sporting a similar build but they are using apothecary armor which pushed their condition/healing higher than mine whereas I had more power for my longbow use. That and they used trapper runes. It worked well and the fight win/loss came down to who made the mistake first.

Anyway – WvW and Druid/Ranger is fine – key is finding the build / balance that works for you. And if you entertain the idea of joining the zerg then it becomes a different dance and you must bring food, join a party, and listen. Stability and endurance are key when fighting large groups to avoid the red circles of kitten on the ground that make the game almost unplayable…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

….. I have bit my tongue until now but it’s getting pretty old seeing you spam your site on every forum.
Just post your build. If you don’t even play ranger in wvw don’t bother commenting at all.

It isn’t spam when its relevant. I have a ranger build that I run when I roam on my ranger, which is seldom, I’ll give you that. But I have played it several times and won several fights on it even though I feel that it is the worst WvW class.

To save myself from typing the same things over and over, I link my page. I’m sharing builds, you don’t have to visit the page if you don’t want to.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

thinking of doing WvW

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

It isn’t spam when its relevant. I have a ranger build that I run when I roam on my ranger, which is seldom, I’ll give you that. But I have played it several times and won several fights on it even though I feel that it is the worst WvW class.

To save myself from typing the same things over and over, I link my page. I’m sharing builds, you don’t have to visit the page if you don’t want to.

You could just as easily link the build directly, all you are doing is trying to drum up traffic for your twitch stream.

And if you think ranger is the worst class for wvw you really aren’t offering anything relevant to the conversation.

LGN