too some bow rangers

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

in pvp please do not just count on your bow. today in pvp there was more then a few times were the other team got the cap because a ranger would stay on high ground or out side of the point and let the person get the cap. if they would have used a great sword or any melee they could have pvped the guy in the point to keep it from being capped

master jedi david

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Riveting tale chap.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

There are those of us that know how to bow, and those that do not. It is clear that they do not.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

There are many occasions where it is wiser to just pew pew from far away. Sometimes, even if you’re zerker and using double ranged weapons like (lb/staff) that you gotta get on that node. Knowing the difference is what separates the good from bad, well… that and pet control.

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

in pvp please do not just count on your bow. today in pvp there was more then a few times were the other team got the cap because a ranger would stay on high ground or out side of the point and let the person get the cap. if they would have used a great sword or any melee they could have pvped the guy in the point to keep it from being capped

Yeah, no.
Sometimes going down there is a sentence of getting focused and bombed in a teamfight, or hit with marks/traps if solo.
Not that you should -always- be off point fighting, but jumping straight into the fray isnt always the wisest thing to do, depending on the enemy (Dragonhunters and Reapers in particular come to mind) and your allies.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

trunks.5249

There are those of us that know how to bow, and those that do not. It is clear that they do not.

i now thats why i said to some rangers most bow ranger do not do that. they will jump down and use a great sword before they let 1 guy get the cap

master jedi david

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

trunks.5249

Yeah, no.
Sometimes going down there is a sentence of getting focused and bombed in a teamfight, or hit with marks/traps if solo.
Not that you should -always- be off point fighting, but jumping straight into the fray isnt always the wisest thing to do, depending on the enemy (Dragonhunters and Reapers in particular come to mind) and your allies.

lol no man your misunderstanding what i watched happen. it was just one guy on the point. on the Forest of Niflhel map i was taking home and on map it showed other team was about to cap so i run to mid by the time i get there he just capped it and i see a ranger from my team on the ledge shooting at him. she or he could have stopped it. the other time was in Battle of Kyhlo . i was fighting a warrior in mid and i was losing a ranger from my team was on roof shooting at him. he kills me and the ranger just stays up there lets him stomp me and he gets the cap. i would understand if it was just a big zerg fest on point and they stay away. like i said its only a few rangers that do this. most will do something to keep other team from getting the cap

master jedi david

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

Haha, your team was garbage and couldn’t 2v1 so the conclusion you draw is all Rangers should jump in melee range on point?

That was good for a laugh, so thanks for that!

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

there is some fine skill to use Bow and melee optimal useage depends entirely on the situation and if they are using the full zerker set up simply taking a defence rune can allow a ranger to take point for a short amount of time untill back up arrives.

hence why the op got annoyed at the rangers that camp bow and allow 1 person to cap a node when he should of checked map if back up was on its way.

its a simply matter of player skill for team work ability , at this point personal skill don’t matter much , its all about extending the cap time for a delay possibly even kill the lone person trying to cap and if that happens well done you just flipped / defended a node after which return to roaming +1 .

even as a power druid you can last for a long while too with LB/GS yes pets got nurfed but you can still use MM/BM/druid but slot brutal signets for a lower SoS cooldown then take guard/protect me + SoR , and on druid slot druidic clarirty > celestial shadow and Lingering light (even though its got a naf heal it still counts towards AF generation plus it blinds 2x one from you and one from pet)

maximising damage migration<<>>to extended survival it still plays the same role +1 and roamer but it has higher ability to delay for a longer duration in any team fights.

con is still vs condis so ya shouldn’t rely on druid to clear condis and still stick to the Pew pew > melee burst hit and run tactics using celestial shadow (off point).

maybe the rangers in your group just don’t know how to skirmish as a ranger too use to easy teleports to get around (guard/theif/mesmer/rev) , as rangers/druids have a much larger Radius of area control it can get confusing on what to do when your split between multipul choices , as other classes have more limited choices the choice is easier / only Reasonable choice to make when it comes to nodes/fights.

i honestly think it takes more personal/team experience to play a ranger or with a ranger in a team you can do pretty much anything from roaming to +1 to CC role even Tempory bunker in a power build but knowing when to switch roles takes a lot of pvp experience and inclines a higher risk / reward if successfuly pulled off.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

If it was just one guy capping the point and your ranger didn’t want to jump down and contest it, yeah. That ones dead weight.

But hanging out on the high ground shooting people is a legit tactic in the right situations.

Sorry your guy was half-baked.

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: vhiran xergo.7802

vhiran xergo.7802

I get two shot any time I get within melee range. I can barely cut 25% into a kitten ele’s health bar. The ONLY thing I can do as a ranger is tag from very far away and hope that it helps a class that can actually do some DPS and survivability.

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

Bow is overrated any way , mlee Rangers is the way in spvp in my opinion

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Depends on the enemy comp. Against teams full of the usual condi builds (necro, mesmer, warrior), lb can work wonders. It is also ok against thieves, revs, dh and other druids. It sucks against ele/engi heavy teams though.

too some bow rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I think a lot of it depends on what class is capping the point.
Necro: easiest bet is to pew pew from range, and decap after necro is dead. Necro’s are walking pincushions to LB rangers.
Thief: D/D Thief vs ranger in melee, thief has the upper hand. LB from a safe distance.
Warrior: Depends on the skill of the ranger, but a melee ranger stands a decent chance.
Ele: Just Run. Don’t even try to pew pew….
Guard: Depends on build, but a well played ranger MIGHT be a contender.
Engi: Engage in Melee, can hold their own fairly well.
Rev: ???? Haven’t fought against too many revs with my ranger yet.
Mesmer: Depending on build, pew pew is generally the best course.
Ranger: Depending on build, it could be an equal matchup, or could go horribly horribly wrong.

A lot depends on the enemy doing the capping, whether or not allies or enemies are on the way, and the skill of the player. But generally, pew pewing from a distance even at the loss of a cap, just might be the right play in certain circumstances. At the very least, it softens them up for an “easy” kill, and an easy decap.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”