trap ranger broken

trap ranger broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Deep Sleep.4568

Deep Sleep.4568

Trap rangers desperately need underwater traps.

trap ranger broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I hope you know what it means for something to be broken…

and yeah, some underwater trap won’t hurt…maybe a fishing net or something to haul in whales…

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

trap ranger broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I can imagine Fire trap to be out of the picture, but the spike,ice and snake traps could stay.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

trap ranger broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Or rework traps for underwater…turn it into a kit, throwable like Engi’s grenades…

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

trap ranger broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Burning is a valid condition underwater. I think of napalm which provides its own oxygen to burn.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

trap ranger broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Deep Sleep.4568

Deep Sleep.4568

no your missing the point if you run a trap build you use the precision line which uses up 2 traits. a master and grand master trait. both traits only pertain to traps once you go underwater those traits are useless and you incur no bonus.

trap ranger broken

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Deep Sleep while I agree with you at the same time I wouldnt hold your breath “see what I did there?”

Underwater combat has as far as I can tell been suspended. They havn’t release underwater content in an extremely long time. Id be willing to bet that itl be updated when the deep sea dragon comes out. But when they will be I don’t know. I would fully expect some kind of trap adaptation then however same goes with necromancer wells. (I could easier see traps taking on a more organic look (sea snake trap, Piranha trap, Jellyfish trap) and wells becoming something like dark vortex spells (like longer duration circular aoes (since aoes are easier to avoid underwater due to 3d movement)).

However I dont see it being changed anytime soon. On the bright side. Very little of the game actually takes place underwater as of now.

Ghost Yak