[video] Heavy hitter

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Erro.2784

Erro.2784

Ridiculous build for wvw. Aim was to get largest crits possible. Expect to top 20k even vs rank 80 players. Very much a glass cannon spec, but hideously good fun to play.

Try it and enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TaWQrRPEPo

[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

(edited by Erro.2784)

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Impressive damage.

It’s sad how some Ranger builds require racial skills to be effective. You either have to be Norn to get the best burst damage or Asura for the best daze. So did Arenanet fail at making the racial skills just for flavour or did they fail at giving the Ranger skills that are better than racial skills?

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Impressive damage.

It’s sad how some Ranger builds require racial skills to be effective. You either have to be Norn to get the best burst damage or Asura for the best daze. So did Arenanet fail at making the racial skills just for flavour or did they fail at giving the Ranger skills that are better than racial skills?

#2, definitely.

Don’t think I have ever seen another class rely on racial aside from people abusing Snow Leopard Form to run or stealth away.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Looks fun, I might try it with a Valk/Cavalier combo for more survivability.

Obviously no condition removal though

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Fun watch and I must give praise to your choice of kitten music for this video

lol kitten music, that was meant to be kick*** xD

(edited by Manekk.6981)

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

That was enjoyable. Good to see some racial elite usage.

I occasionally use the Sylvari elite Druid spirit for fun!

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Akisame.9508

Akisame.9508

Man, I wish the human Racial Elite was half as good as this one Now your making me want to create a norn ranger just to have some fun with that

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: tan.9240

tan.9240

hahahahah +1 nice one.

“All is vain”

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

dats why i got a norn. If you use Become the Snow Leo (they all do same damage afaik) you can do it while invisible. For an even more mindwrecking “DAkittenJUST HAPPENED!??!?!?” moment

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Gold. I wish my ranger was a norn just to kitten around with this.

Attachments:

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Gold. I wish my ranger was a norn just to kitten around with this.

I think that more or less sums up my thoughts xD

Sad I never came across you this matchup.. I do know what of the people you killed though which makes it all the more amusing lol.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorwald.6170

Gorwald.6170

Watch out Jon peters see this video and argue how powerful ranger is and then nerf your signet + bear form !

Karpal – Augury rock (French server)
Ranger 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 80 – Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

+1

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

That’s really a good try.
Good part is it will bring some fun.
But the sad part is —- as rangers we finally get some burst every 4 mins by choosing right race+ using 2 utility skills and 1 elite+ push 4 buttons, which Warriors can easily get by just click F1 every 10 seconds.

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Watch out Jon peters see this video and argue how powerful ranger is and then nerf your signet + bear form !

And what part of that combo will get nerfed? Just take a wild guess.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

CRrabbit.1284

Most likely the signet of hunt, change it to 10% ea for next 5 atks. (as what they did to thief’s signet)
But that will make rapid fire more viable. but in fact the damage bonus will be nerfed hard.

And what part of that combo will get nerfed? Just take a wild guess.

(edited by CRrabbit.1284)

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Erro.2784

Thanks for the replies. Sincerely wish I could post some vids of the ranger in my guild’s evening raids, but that would require the ranger to be useful for such events… so I’m always on my guardian.

@Prysin
From what I can gather, bear hits the hardest. Stat scaling is as follows (100% is index):
Bear: 140% power, 100% precision, 150% toughness, 340% vitality;
Leopard: 140% power, 250% precision, 90% toughness, 180% vitality;
Wolf: 160% power, 150% precision, 150% toughness, 180% vitality;
Raven: 140% power, 150% precision, 150% toughness, 260% vitality.

Attachments:

[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

CRrabbit.1284

it’s not %, power wise, it’s +916 power to your status at lv80. (see wiki description)
Bear hit hardest coz the bear #5 skill base damage is the highest among all norn elite skills.

Thanks for the replies. Sincerely wish I could post some vids of the ranger in my guild’s evening raids, but that would require the ranger to be useful for such events… so I’m always on my guardian.

@Prysin
From what I can gather, bear hits the hardest. Stat scaling is as follows (100% is index):
Bear: 140% power, 100% precision, 150% toughness, 340% vitality;
Leopard: 140% power, 250% precision, 90% toughness, 180% vitality;
Wolf: 160% power, 150% precision, 150% toughness, 180% vitality;
Raven: 140% power, 150% precision, 150% toughness, 260% vitality.

(edited by CRrabbit.1284)

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Erro.2784

it’s not %, power wise, it’s +916 power to your status at lv80. (see wiki description)
Bear hit hardest coz the bear #5 skill base damage is the highest among all norn elite skills.

Yeah, I know CRrabbit. Stat scaling and skill base damage are independent. The point was to demonstrate the difference in racial skills…

[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I hope that they don’t change things like they did with Norn mesmers.
With the trait where you make a clone on dodge + bear form … well you can get the picture of what used to happen, right?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

CRrabbit.1284

It’s highly possible that a nerf will happen soon. Any effective discovery which makes ranger more playable will be nerfed soon, but wellknown bugs remain forever.
If we want to blame, we should just blame that 1st ranger player in OB, if he didn’t faceroll JonPeter’s beloved warrior so badly, Jon may have shown some mercy and just let ranger as is.

I hope that they don’t change things like they did with Norn mesmers.
With the trait where you make a clone on dodge + bear form … well you can get the picture of what used to happen, right?

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

OP thanks for posting this, I cant remember ever laughing at a gaming video and this one made me lol several times.

Makes it even funnier knowing that if it happened to you ingame you would be like “daaafuqqqqq!?” while flying through the air on 5% health.

Priceless, post another one

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

actually, if the leos accuracy is correct, it will crit higher then the rest as its crit modifier will be off the charts

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Napalm.5693

Napalm.5693

What weapon skin is that?

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Wild. I don’t know when I will finally learn to not trust tool tips. That is insane. I assume the bear damage is proportional to your stats?

…and hell, even your LB damage is off the charts. I don’t ever recall hitting that hard consistently with LB

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Wild. I don’t know when I will finally learn to not trust tool tips. That is insane. I assume the bear damage is proportional to your stats?

…and hell, even your LB damage is off the charts. I don’t ever recall hitting that hard consistently with LB

if you run full zerker, that damage is not unusual with LB nowdays. The damage buff did wonders. Also, he uses signets for might.

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Erro.2784

Ranger has a lot of static damage buff modifiers. For example with the following build, you would attain: +5% from sigil, +20% traits, +10% runes, +10% spirit, +75% signets, +109% crit for a total of +229% damage on the opening strike. Combine that with LB autoattack at range and the damage is pretty intense.

I have to teach myself to open up with regular shot first, then #4 followed with spider root, #2, #3 and then subsequently #5. People without teleport skills go down very quickly like this if you catch them unawares.

[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

[video] Heavy hitter

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Loving it. Had fun plenty of times with Bear Form group knockdown trolling but never paid any attention to the damage. That’s absolutely insane. XD

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!