what are the top dps weps 4 a ranger now?

in Ranger

Posted by: Edarkness.7543

Edarkness.7543

Right now I use longbow and greatsword. I was wondering the best weapons to use now that the patch is out. I want to know because I’ll work for that legendary next.. As long as it isnt kudzu because that weapon is ugly as heck. Thanks guys

in Ranger

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

If this is for dungeons, then I suggest you look here:

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Start working on your Bolt. Just got a really nice damage boost through the new grandmaster trait, too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Edarkness.7543

Edarkness.7543

Start working on your Bolt. Just got a really nice damage boost through the new grandmaster trait, too.

I should work on bolt instead of frostfang?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Work on whatever one you like best. Sword is the highest DPS of all the weapons if that matters to you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I should work on bolt instead of frostfang?

Yeah I think so.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Sword + Axe and GS. Warhorn for passive damage in parties.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Currently the GS is out for for the LB for max dps.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Sort of. GS is still the best weapon for multiple targets. And obviously movement, but you don’t need a Twilight just to run skips.

in Ranger

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Right now I use longbow and greatsword. I was wondering the best weapons to use now that the patch is out. I want to know because I’ll work for that legendary next.. As long as it isnt kudzu because that weapon is ugly as heck. Thanks guys

Which game mode?

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Sort of. GS is still the best weapon for multiple targets. And obviously movement, but you don’t need a Twilight just to run skips.

This actually isn’t true anymore unless your sword’s OH is not axe. Towelcat did the math recently for various ranger set ups http://puu.sh/b6f2s/2cc82028fb.txt

S/A > GS for 3 target scenarios by a significant margin, S/A > GS for 5 target scenarios by a very small amount.

GS still has it’s uses outside of trash skips. It’s still useful for max melee range fights and scenarios where you don’t want to accidently leap out of a stack spot. It’s also our next best option on fights where using the sword is difficult.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

This actually isn’t true anymore unless your sword’s OH is not axe. Towelcat did the math recently for various ranger set ups http://puu.sh/b6f2s/2cc82028fb.txt

S/A > GS for 3 target scenarios by a significant margin, S/A > GS for 5 target scenarios by a very small amount.

GS still has it’s uses outside of trash skips. It’s still useful for max melee range fights and scenarios where you don’t want to accidently leap out of a stack spot. It’s also our next best option on fights where using the sword is difficult.

Good info, thanks. There aren’t a ton of 3 enemy situations. The trash killing situations that always come to mind for me are gravelings and the assassins in CoF2, both where you almost definitely want GS (and are probably hitting 5 targets anyway.) There isn’t much trash in many of the other dungeons, or at least not that you wouldn’t fight 1 at time like golems in CoE or nightmare court vets in TA. Arah is mostly bosses. Edit: Spiders in TA as well, although TA is 99% skipping so might as well have a GS up.

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Axe by preferance but i run longbow from time to time. Axe is utherly one of the best ranger dps weapon right now due to that might stacking but if we go that far as to declare a favored weapon ill simply point out the pet itself. Go proc that 9 might to pet (from buff share) along with might on crit from sigil and from trait… troll a lot because you caped the 25 and your snow leopard is tearing people head in pvp.

That guy crying for a 8k crit strike on his head from my lovely snow leopard bite with a twice as lovely what the hell are you hacking was the sweetest tear i tasted in a full year of playing.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Ranger

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I bet it’s awesome cleave really outdps’ the GS.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I bet it’s awesome cleave really outdps’ the GS.

Are there any bosses you can cleave (except the tree in TA)?

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

in Ranger

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Work on whatever one you like best. Sword is the highest PAPER DPS of all the weapons if that matters to you.

Fixed.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Ranger

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Work on whatever one you like best. Sword is the highest PAPER DPS of all the weapons if that matters to you.

Fixed.

Please elaborate

in Ranger

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Google the definition. I believe in teaching a man to fish.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

Work on whatever one you like best. Sword is the highest ON PAPER DPS of all the weapons if that matters to you.

Fixed.

fixed again for people who do not speak gamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Google the definition. I believe in teaching a man to fish.

So you consider sword paper DPS? Pulling numbers out of my poo poo hole am i right?

Snow Crows [SC]

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

While LB and GS synergize quite good, in PvE LB/S-A is a rly good choice.
Sword AA makes good dmg, but it is difficult for starters to control it. The Axe offhand is and was always a great power weapon. #4 is a nice burst and relative short cd and the #5 reflect is a semi-cleave and good for utility inside the group (Lupicus, Caudecus) when a experienced Guard isnt available.
AND my main argument: Frostfang is ugly. Really really…ugly…

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

LB is actually almost as good/better than GS in DPS now depending on the number of targets. The buff to Rapid Fire and melee-range Long Range Shot give it enough of an advantage that it’s actually worth using even at melee. Rapid Fire stacks better vuln than Maul too but it’s only going to be single target.