what do you think of the balance patch?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Also, Empathetic Bond is a 50% Condi duration cut on you, which is pretty fantastic tbh, now pair that with some melandru runes and you might forget what a condi is…

I can’t log on so I couldn’t check for myself… I was really hoping it was 50% but also thought that was too much to dream of… It’s really good then. I bet that gets nerfed, since you will be able to stack -95% with that GM, Runes and food, effectively removing condi from the game for Ranger.

I just discovered that Taste for Danger adds vitality as well as scaling the Expertise from it, how much Vit is it?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

…Also, Empathetic Bond is a 50% Condi duration cut on you, which is pretty fantastic tbh, now pair that with some melandru runes and you might forget what a condi is…

I can’t log on so I couldn’t check for myself… I was really hoping it was 50% but also thought that was too much to dream of… It’s really good then. I bet that gets nerfed, since you will be able to stack -95% with that GM, Runes and food, effectively removing condi from the game for Ranger.

I just discovered that Taste for Danger adds vitality as well as scaling the Expertise from it, how much Vit is it?

It’s not sadly, it’s 80/20

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Has anyone actually tried going full on -condi duration%? Is it actually worthwhile in a WvW setting or do you still get hammered because of frequent applications?

I just had a funny thought; Stoneform, Signet of Stone and Defy Pain (bear skill) on a Soulbeast will be worth about 15 seconds of physical damage immunity if chained together.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Not sure what you mean, mate.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ritualist Essence.9285

Ritualist Essence.9285

Its a great buff to Power Rangers:
Rangers can now get +500 ferocity with any weapons or +680 with Axe equipped by using 2 traits + 1 passive signet. 1 trait gives 250+ ferocity when you gain fury & fury now does 30%+ crit chance. Signet of the wild passive gives +180 ferocity & stack this with +250 ferocity from Axe offhand trait & its quite nice.
They can generate might just fine, new trait gives you might based on enemy health %, another trait now gives you might when ur pet does a crit hit. I tested it, in 2 seconds I had 9 stacks of might already from those two traits.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Rangers can now get 500 ferocity with any weapons or +680 with Axe equipped by using 2 traits + 1 passive signet. 1 trait gives 250 ferocity when you gain fury & fury now does 30%+ crit chance. Signet of the wild passive gives +180 ferocity & stack this with +250 ferocity from Axe offhand trait & its quite nice.
They can generate might just fine, new trait gives you might based on enemy health %, another trait now gives you might when ur pet does a crit hit. I tested it, in 2 seconds I had 9 stacks of might already from those two traits.

Then throw in a Sigil of Cruelty for another 17% crit damage. 287% crit damage is quite nice! I wonder if Assassins gear is going to be better than Zerker for Power Ranger now?

Any chance you can take a screen shot of the tooltips?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hidden Dragon.7523

Hidden Dragon.7523

I believe the only change i like is the Signet of Renewal. Everything else seems irrelevant (that is if you like to play WvW/PvP).

Most annoyingly:
Been playing Main ranger since GW1. Now this is the first time i felt like i don’t play Ranger, but a Domestic pet owner with a bow.

You’ve got to be kidding me on the response time of pets now. Three pet mechanics that completely got destroyed by this patch.

Petswap = 3-4 seconds delay before the pet actually does anything. Which immediately nullifies any of the on-pet-swap bonuses. Rendering the pet completely useless.

F1 Skill = it takes another second delay for the pet to move

Ancestral Grace = SUPER DUPER BAD, how would it be that a pet magically dissapears and reappears from using the druid’s staff ability. Also: you can’t cast any of your pets special abilities while using Ancestral Grace. Furthermore -> it even interupts your pet’s autonomous special attacks which really screws up the game for rangers right now.

ArenaNet, you have dissapointed me deeply. I hope and expect to see this changed back ASAP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

Love the changes, well done. Apart from the bugs, but surely they will be fixed soon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

It must change on game mode then, I just pulled it up in PvE and it was 50/50 (didn’t have time to check elsewhere).

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Rangers can now get 500 ferocity with any weapons or +680 with Axe equipped by using 2 traits + 1 passive signet. 1 trait gives 250 ferocity when you gain fury & fury now does 30%+ crit chance. Signet of the wild passive gives +180 ferocity & stack this with +250 ferocity from Axe offhand trait & its quite nice.

Then throw in a Sigil of Cruelty for another 17% crit damage. 287% crit damage is quite nice! I wonder if Assassins gear is going to be better than Zerker for Power Ranger now?

Assassins has always benefited ranger more than berserker because ranger benefits more from constant critical than they do from more damage, our power scalings are horrendous when compared to others, so gaining 100% crit chance + flat critical damage is better for us than stacking power.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

So much fury and ferocity! It’s like they think we’re just a bunch of savage beasts!

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

So much fury and ferocity! It’s like they think we’re just a bunch of savage beasts!

Personally, I LOVE that we’re using a ton of fury and ferocity, very cool thematic

in Ranger

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

pvp empathic is 80/20 , pve is 50/50

Tanbin

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Then throw in a Sigil of Cruelty for another 17% crit damage. 287% crit damage is quite nice! I wonder if Assassins gear is going to be better than Zerker for Power Ranger now?

Assassins has always benefited ranger more than berserker because ranger benefits more from constant critical than they do from more damage, our power scalings are horrendous when compared to others, so gaining 100% crit chance + flat critical damage is better for us than stacking power.

Well, does the Vicious Quarry trait give additional crit chance too? How much is it? If that is the case, then Berserker is better since you can still hit 100% crit chance with it.

in Ranger

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

With all the bugs and all the nerfs to me the pro’s do not out weigh it. I love ranger and druid in fact I have 4 with my main having over 3k hrs on her. But after this update they feel pretty much unplayable especially with SoR being nerfed into the ground. Its to the point where after maining ranger for 3 years I am actually looking at other classes to possibly main. That update was a very sad day for me </3

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ranger still has 80% condi duration and the pet takes 20%?

in Ranger

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

From a WvW perspective:

Gonna need to test Melandru runes and poultry soup along with the new Empathic Bond. Need to answer whether it will be a 50% condi duration reduction + 45% (runes and food) = 95% duration reduction. Even at 95% i have my doubts as I hardly notice just the 45% from the food/runes. My previous testing clearly showed condi clears > condi duration reduction. Considering we lost the potential for 4 every 10s I am worried.

Not liking Signet of Renewal passive change but the active could be interesting as we now have a source of resistance. However, it seems using your heal as one right after poping SoR is mandatory so you at least get some resistance back.

It could be a rough two weeks in WvW until we can try out bear stance with soulbeast. Hopefully there is some type of condi defense trait in one of the unmentioned soulbeast traits.

Interesting changes to multiple traits regarding fury generation. May make remorseless build more viable?

If condi duration reduction is multiplicative (most gw2 % modifiers are):
1.0 * 0.5 * 0.75 * 0.8 = 0.3 or a 70% reduction to condition duration.

Edit: it also wasn’t -45% with runes and food, it was -40% :p

(edited by zedapoc.1493)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

…Then throw in a Sigil of Cruelty for another 17% crit damage. 287% crit damage is quite nice! I wonder if Assassins gear is going to be better than Zerker for Power Ranger now?

Well, does the Vicious Quarry trait give additional crit chance too? How much is it? If that is the case, then Berserker is better since you can still hit 100% crit chance with it.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

So the ranger would only gain 20% condi duration reduction, which is alright I guess, but that’s not an equivalent trade to 4 condis banished to the nether every 10s.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So the ranger would only gain 20% condi duration reduction, which is alright I guess, but that’s not an equivalent trade to 4 condis banished to the nether every 10s.

Yeah, it really seems even worse now. -20% duration for a GM trait? Looking at the Ranger and pet as a whole, you actually gain no benefit from this GM trait until you swap pets. At least before, it actually removed the conditions from you, at least if your pet dies, you are still on your feet.

I’ll stand by the suggestion that I have been making for years, this would be far better as it was previously, just make it 1 condi per 3s. Then you could give the -% duration to the pet as well.

in Ranger

ZhouX.8742

I want to stay optimistic about this given the fact that we don’t entirely know truly how Soulbeast is going to work overall, so this change might be very well in reflection of that.

With that said though, it’s not really a true -% in condi duration unfortunately. On paper it looks that way but if you were to give your pet movement conditions in any way you basically just screwed your other half of dps while also only getting -%. This would work obviously with weakness too so you can get the idea there.

We have a GM trait , yes, a GM trait that now potentially hinders your performance – I could see this being moved down to master in compensation of the change from flat condition removal , but I just highly think this is no way worthy of a GM trait anymore with that change considering.

Again, with Soulbeast around the corner I am being very optimistic in that they are doing this for a reason , it seems you will most likely be taking something along the lines of WS , BM / Soulbeast with WK since you will have little condi removal outside of slotting Dolyak Stance (let’s be honest the only reliable condi denial in our new lineup , but ill have to relook over the utilities again to confirm this) or Trooper runes.

Tanbin

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I believe the only change i like is the Signet of Renewal. Everything else seems irrelevant (that is if you like to play WvW/PvP).

Dunno. The new MT with Soften the fall and WK looks pretty nifty. That means our heal skills not only proc their own effect but also an aoe immob+cripple+slow, gain fury and clear 2 conditions. In fact, HaO and Trooper Runes would make that 3 condis. And unless there are some longer internal cooldowns hidden in there, that’s every 20s. I don’t play sPvP but for WvW it looks solid.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Personally, I LOVE that we’re using a ton of fury and ferocity, very cool thematic

Oh, I totally agree. Was trying it out this morning and was loving it. Gonna have to fine tune my gear a bit to get it to 100% crit chance with fury though. This is neat!

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Dunno. The new MT with Soften the fall and WK looks pretty nifty. That means our heal skills not only proc their own effect but also an aoe immob+cripple+slow, gain fury and clear 2 conditions. In fact, HaO and Trooper Runes would make that 3 condis. And unless there are some longer internal cooldowns hidden in there, that’s every 20s. I don’t play sPvP but for WvW it looks solid.

I agree, i never dropped both WS & BM lines from my builds for a very long time, and the increased synergy with both lines (with shouts and survivals traited) , and with the extended third NM line for core ranger, is very nice.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Varyla.1592

Varyla.1592

Hi,

Please, stop crying. It is not a “balance patch”, it is an update. They have no intention to balance anything right now. We don’t know what the new spec will offer. They just tried to adjust pre-HoF content to what is coming. They launched this changes before extension BECAUSE they expect bugs. So try them, find the bugs, and report them so we can have a clean extansion on september when it will be lauched. I don’t want to buy a full of bugs expansion, so i prefer having them now.

No, seriously, I welcome lots of the changes they made, even if it is still buggy. I am bored of playing this healbot druid and lots of these changes seem to allow more versatile gameplays. I still haven’t tested everything, but little by little, people will report problems and we will have a TRUE balance patch for these new playstyles to be viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

The training traits got nuked, most of the trait renames are awful and serve no purpose (especially Most Dangerous Game, it’s the thief equivalent of thief’s Mug being renamed Rob) , the signet reworks are all terrible, the undocumented changes to pet behaviour make tactical swapping worthless, ancestral grace rework combines with that to make staff worthless. It’s like the heart and soul of the ranger got scooped out to make way for Soulbeast.

Both our defensive traitlines got nerfed and our offensive traitlines got given huge synergy for power builds as well as our best defensive trait.

We’re just awkward warriors now. I’m just gonna have to go play Engi and wait to farm fractals until they put Ranger and Druid back in the game

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

“We’re just awkward warriors now.”

Shucks, Warrior is suddenly dead (quoted from Warrior forum).

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I’m really not sure what to think about this patch, I suppose in a way they did reach the balance aspect when you cannot have it all at once – damage, reliable pet and condi cleanse. Will have to try again once they have gotten rid off the bugs.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

haven’t posted in here for a while but the amount of negativity is deafening. I get that some people’s builds got changed with this since the use of some utilities changed but all in all this was a great patch. Power ranger got buffed, condi ranger didn’t get nerfed and healing druid didn’t get nerfed.

Condi druid was in the top group in regards to dps already. power ranger should move up the pve chart and druid is still druid, no one got anything that would take our place.

pvp/wvw builds are going to have to change but that should have been obvious when they mentioned trait/skill changes to force people to choose more defensive stats if they want to be defensive and vice versa. I extended a 5v15 in wvw last night on my druid without being in healing gear. my group still lost but we took out most of the enemy group.

Rangers have always had to adapt to anets changes, this is one of the few times those changes weren’t flat out nerfs and SoulBeast is going to be a further buff to all builds.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

ZhouX.8742

haven’t posted in here for a while but the amount of negativity is deafening. I get that some people’s builds got changed with this since the use of some utilities changed but all in all this was a great patch. Power ranger got buffed, condi ranger didn’t get nerfed and healing druid didn’t get nerfed.

Condi druid was in the top group in regards to dps already. power ranger should move up the pve chart and druid is still druid, no one got anything that would take our place.

pvp/wvw builds are going to have to change but that should have been obvious when they mentioned trait/skill changes to force people to choose more defensive stats if they want to be defensive and vice versa. I extended a 5v15 in wvw last night on my druid without being in healing gear. my group still lost but we took out most of the enemy group.

Rangers have always had to adapt to anets changes, this is one of the few times those changes weren’t flat out nerfs and SoulBeast is going to be a further buff to all builds.

On paper yes, MAYBE, but there is so many technicalities due to functionality that could render SoulBeast not actually good mainly regarding pet status during transformation (transform while pet is dead? if you cant this would essentially make you useless as a SoulBeast in most WvW aspects since pets die far too quickly in this game mode) and pet mechanics in general, how you cast soulbeast abilities , transformation times, everything. Until you’ve played the class I wouldn’t be quick to judge whether it will be great or bad for the class as a whole.

As for PvE, there’s raid groups doing bosses with all p/p thieves. I highly doubt the quality of adjustments from any of these nerfs/buffs would make ranger drop out of the meta anytime soon. Raiding is braindead simple and only elitists would conform to trying to top dps charts (like qtfy for example) because that is what they like to do. Ranger condi is fine and will still be taken over power ranger because it’s the same or even more dps with a much lower skill entry to jump into as a PvE player.

As for WvW, well it’s WvW – the player base isn’t that great in terms of gauging a build’s true effectiveness in PvP oriented gameplay .. In the realm of top tier gameplay rangers took a minor hit but it’s still way too early to tell especially since pets are essentially right now because they’re bugged , you can’t really truly test much right now.

“pvp/wvw builds are going to have to change but that should have been obvious when they mentioned trait/skill changes to force people to choose more defensive stats if they want to be defensive and vice versa. " – Well, that’s common sense right? Most of this is based around amulet changes anyway. None of that changed. Power will still be mender’s / paladin ammy variants – these changes do no open up new amulets for PvP builds but they do offer different ways you can play IN those amulets.

However, for condi variants ,maybe although you’d most likely be running Sage over anything in the condi list.

I personally think the changes are overall good for the most part by the way.

Tanbin

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

for sure we’ll have to wait for SoulBeast to see if it’s worth the fuss but it seems like in everything other than WvW ranger got a buff or remained unchanged. If Soulbeast is what I would like to think it is, WvW builds will need to change but won’t see a big nerf either.

as with anything we should wait and see before freaking out but the current changes definitely aren’t bad.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

The changes opened up Interesting changes. Pve dps got big boost. LB builds got unblockable option. It’s obvious some of the changes had soul beast in mind. All our F2 traits tool tips were changed to “beast skills”.

Very disappointment that no changes were being made to spirits/traps/glyphs.
Not sure about the staff 3 change.
Very surprised MM trait line got reworked without changing “steady focus”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Halleluja. Thank you! Didn’t feel like it this time. Glad someone else did.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Having played Power Ranger in WvW all morning I have to say I’ve loved it. Wearing exotic/ascended berserkers I have 92% crit chance now with the Skirmishing traitline (102% when attacking from the side and behind) and despite my early missgivings SoH turns out to be great.

I’ve been using Rage Runes as well because you might as well go all in on the damage at this point. 10/10 would recomend.

I was happily swapping between SoH, SotW, SoS, LR, and QZ depending on the situation. All fantastic for the good old LB zerker. 11 seconds of no damage is a real game changer on such a glassy build – gives you plenty time get your escape skills off CD if you get caught out.

The only thing I couldn’t figure out is if TU now removes 4 condis with Lesser Muddy Terrain or still just 2.

I don’t have HoT, so no druid for me, but it was a really nice feeling when I realised I actually really wanted every single traitline.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

Yeah, it really seems even worse now. -20% duration for a GM trait? Looking at the Ranger and pet as a whole, you actually gain no benefit from this GM trait until you swap pets. At least before, it actually removed the conditions from you, at least if your pet dies, you are still on your feet.

I’ll stand by the suggestion that I have been making for years, this would be far better as it was previously, just make it 1 condi per 3s. Then you could give the -% duration to the pet as well.

kitten, didnt notice this before. Was already thinking of a build around this trait… That lowers my excitement somewhat

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Overall I’m very happy with these changes, can’t wait to try out new builds!

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

Right now, I’m not sold on getting PoF. I cannot test Soulbeast in PvE during a demo weekend and what information I’ve seen on it, it just doesn’t appeal to me.
It’s also why I haven’t picked up using Druid either for my main.
However this is what ANet does. They will adjust to force a class to the spec they want people to play.

I’ve mained a longbow ranger from the beginning and she’ll stay that way. She may not get as much play time unless I can find a build that doesn’t make me want to pull my hair out in frustration. I have two other rangers that I can run which aren’t longbow oriented. Maybe it is time for them to take her place.

SF
OTR

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Best skill in the game for 5 years, SoR, just got obliterated. I’ve lost any desire to play for a while.

What? Signet of Renewal just got a major buff. The passive condi clear never procced when you needed it, and the active just killed your pet.

You’re not realizing how MASSIVE this nerf was to our condi removal. Even if you’re running full shouts with trooper runes and using them on recharge (which is not very realistic), that’s still only an average of 1 condi removed per 10 seconds (or something, I’m not very good at math.) Not good.

SoR could very easily be timed; you may be off a second or 2, but you had a pretty good idea when the condi was getting removed and you wouldn’t need to enter CA or whatever to remove it.

SoR got absolutely wrecked.

Edit: And the active is basically unchanged. You still need to swap pets after using it. Neither way will kill your pet. It just gives you a short grace period to hit the swap button now.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

EB this patch is really the odd-one-out. Its change kills the pet faster and only works when building up -condition duration% around it.

Kind of fun when seeing a Ranger use the new EB as a Necro. Even with the reduced condition dropped off onto the pet, hitting both the Ranger and the pet lowers the amount of time to stack up condis on the pet before using Epidemic.

The ticking time-bomb pet is still there, and ticks even faster now. Fun stuff.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

Best skill in the game for 5 years, SoR, just got obliterated. I’ve lost any desire to play for a while.

What? Signet of Renewal just got a major buff. The passive condi clear never procced when you needed it, and the active just killed your pet.

You’re not realizing how MASSIVE this nerf was to our condi removal.

Yeah bruh, I’m really gonna miss having SoR remove that one stack of cripple or those 2 stacks of vulnerability once every 10 seconds while I have 45 stacks of DoTs on me. Lawd knows condi specs only apply 1 stack of DoTs every 10 seconds. Super useful stuff there. We’re all gonna die and the sky is falling now because of our ONE condi removal every TEN seconds… lawl.

Btw, I love how you’re completely ignoring the massive increase to condi removal we just got from the changes to soften the fall and zephyrs speed. Its like you’re purposely trying to be obtuse.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ok buddy. You can disagree with me, but you’re not convincing me of anything but being a total jerk.

in Ranger

sevenDEADLY.5281

Well I got tired of watching you go out of your way to ignore the fact that our condi clear has DRAMATICALLY increased, while you push your agenda for a signet that was never really that good to begin with.

There have been plenty of people who have very carefully and neatly explained and detailed exactly how old SoR was bad, the change is better, and how our condi clear is better now then it has been. You’ve purposely ignored all of them throughout this thread. So I’m not really too concerned about convincing you of anything.

(edited by sevenDEADLY.5281)

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

As far as net totals go, SoR was one of the best condi clears in the game. The list of single utility skills that could remove 6 condis per minute in the game is incredibly low, it’s more than the Soldier Runes + the 3 “common” shouts (WHAO, PM, SotP) combined. It’s competitive with a traited TU prepatch, which required a specific traitline, GM trait, AND utility to achieve the same net condi removal that 1 utility provided passively, LET ALONE actively.

To be clear, I love the new SoR, it’s utility bar compression that frees up rune selection (in PvP specifically) which creates more build variety without there being clear cut, optimal choices.

But the SoR argument is like saying it’s inefficient to get paid $100 a month for a year when you could make $200 which is a bigger chunk, but at 2-3 (or more) time slower. In a worst case efficiency, you’re breaking even, and beyond that, the monthly payment is more money. The only argument that can be made for the other options is that people prefer the delivery method.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

As far as net totals go, SoR was one of the best condi clears in the game. The list of single utility skills that could remove 6 condis per minute in the game is incredibly low, it’s more than the Soldier Runes + the 3 “common” shouts (WHAO, PM, SotP) combined.

WHAO by itself, with Soften the Fall and WK traited now clears 2 condis every 20s, so 6 per minute (in addition to healing, sharing boons with the pet, granting fury and proccing an aoe immob+slow+cripple). If you add the Soldier Runes, it’s 3 condis every 20s. Give it a try, it’s very very good right now.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

But the SoR argument is like saying it’s inefficient to get paid $100 a month for a year when you could make $200 which is a bigger chunk, but at 2-3 (or more) time slower. In a worst case efficiency, you’re breaking even, and beyond that, the monthly payment is more money. The only argument that can be made for the other options is that people prefer the delivery method.

What it’s really like is it’s the week rent’s due. You owe $600 and can choose between a job that will net you that $600 at the end of the week or take a job that will net you $2000 in two weeks instead.

Option B clearly pays more per time but only option A will actually keep you from getting evicted.

It’s the same here. 6 condi’s a minute sounds good on paper but if I have 3k tics on me, I need a cleanse now, not 10 seconds from now.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

sevenDEADLY.5281

As far as net totals go, SoR was one of the best condi clears in the game. The list of single utility skills that could remove 6 condis per minute in the game is incredibly low,

This example only works if you’re assuming you’re in combat for the entirety of that 60 seconds and then and ONLY then is that “6 condi clears per minute” even begin to come close to worthwhile. If I’m in a fight for 35 seconds. thats only 3 completely uncontrollable condi clears in the duration of the fight, when I would much rather have on demand useful condi clears that I can control.

And you’re assuming that A: its going to remove something useful (which most of the time it wont) and B: that when that 10 second mark ticks, you actually have a condi on for it to clear. If even for a brief moment you’re clear of condis and that 10s window goes by, your numbers on usefulness just went down.

There are numerous holes in this whole “SOR was the greatest ability to ever grace mans presence” argument. Your example basically asks for a perfect scenario in which you’re actively in combat 100% of a full minute, every minute and that SOR will remove a good condi from you every single tick (as opposed to a stack of vuln or cripple), which it wont. AND you’re assuming that every 10 second tick on the tick, you’re going to have a condi for it to clear to begin with. Even if this were all the case, new methods of condi removal are still better numbers. I can remove 4 condis every 20 seconds with TU and soften the fall. I’ll take a potential 12 controllable condi removal every minute over a potential 6 uncontrollable any day of the week.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Not everyone has the same typical playing scenario, seven. I’m absolutely sure you can imagine a situation where you’re in combat for well over 1 minute. And since you can’t choose what conditions are removed via passive nor active condi clears, removing 1 stack of vuln covering 10 stacks of bleeding is useful. In that hypothetical situation, the old SoR removes the vuln so you can clear the damaging condition with a light field blast, saving your condi wipes for more emergency situations.

There is no reason to post so aggressively because you prefer the new SoR. Everyone has a different experience.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Not everyone has the same typical playing scenario, seven. I’m absolutely sure you can imagine a situation where you’re in combat for well over 1 minute. And since you can’t choose what conditions are removed via passive nor active condi clears, removing 1 stack of vuln covering 10 stacks of bleeding is useful. In that hypothetical situation, the old SoR removes the vuln so you can clear the damaging condition with a light field blast, saving your condi wipes for more emergency situations.

There is no reason to post so aggressively because you prefer the new SoR. Everyone has a different experience.

here i have to agree with fluuf. The nerfs to the signets have been atrocious.

I would like more for the balance team to simply had given us more ways to play the game. Instead they decided to put all the cleanses in one GM so we are definitely locked there with the new condi meta. Only access to stability in one skill in the hole class. And let see if they can fix the pets in a timely manner.

Such a disaster of balance patch.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

They changed the functionality of Empathic Bond to function better in places like WvW where there are foods and other buffs.

Honestly, its still pretty good. If we use EB with Natural Stride, Melandru Runes, and Lemongrass Poultry Soup, we cut the duration condis tick on us by a lot. If I missed anything, let me know please :P

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Just want to publicly thank you for pointing this out. I set up my ranger all zerk and the above and did Silverwastes just to try it out. It was fun commonly hitting with sword for up to 4K and Path of Scars for 5K. Long bow hit hard also but not as much was sword/axe due to traits.

It was fun though to just melt through stuff.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.