whats sb/lb and axe/horn are u using?

in Ranger

Posted by: MylesTheLionGomez.1496

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

all my weapons are still all greens like lvl 77 or 78

i use sb/lb and axe/horn

i dont care about skins right now, and i use a power/precision/crit build

i dont really care for the legendaries….so where should i go to upgrade?

do i spend gold or karma or run dungeons? and what end game sigils are u guys using?

Diadi: Guardian 80
Lyonrwar: Ranger 80 Lyonswrath: Mesmer 80
SoR :: Ethereal Guardians

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Work on getting lv 80 exotics. You can run dungeons a lot and essentially turn those tokens in for “free” 80 exotics. If you can make tons of gold, you can buy a full set of gear. If you are broke, I would recommend getting a full set of rare (yellow) gear first to help you do other things. I use the Superior Sigil of Ice on my longbow and the Superior Sigil of Battle on my Greatsword. If you aren’t working on legendaries, use karma to buy cooking supplies, recipes, and idk what else it is useful for. Hope that helps.

in Ranger

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

i have a full set of order of the whispers rare gear
but where does one find these lvl 80 exotics? there are vendors? or are those the dungeon token ones?

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

My LB is Berserkers (Pow/Prec/Crit Damage), SB is Rampagers (Pow/Prec/Condition Damage), and my Axe + Warhorn are both Carrion (POw/Condition Damage/Vit).

Lvl 80 exotics are either crafted or gotten from dungeon tokens or from Karma. Karma ones tend to be more defensive, and you can also get lvl 76-78 exotics from map completions. These are at most 2-3 stat points lower than lvl 80 exotics and regularly sell for less than 80s or so so if you’re short on gold, these are very good started gear.

The rest of my gear and build are here on this thread

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/72468-my-new-wvw-build/

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

thanks guys helps a bunch

in Ranger

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

If you can’t craft, don’t spend money buying lv 80 exotic from the TP (well unless you have lots of gold to burn). Just run dungeons using much cheaper rares. A weapon needs around 200-300 tokens, you can easily get that in a few days. Not to mention dungeons give good money and if you’re lucky, rares or even exotics. Save gold for your lv 80 exotic accessories, since there’s no token exchange for them—only way is to craft or buy them off TP. A full set is rather costly, each one will cost ~1.8g-2.5g

(edited by monepipi.5160)

in Ranger

Posted by: Trollhammer.7439

Trollhammer.7439

My LB is Berserkers (Pow/Prec/Crit Damage), SB is Rampagers (Pow/Prec/Condition Damage), and my Axe + Warhorn are both Carrion (POw/Condition Damage/Vit).

Same here.

It makes sense if you look at the skills available for those weapons. Just note that dungeon exotics do not have berserker/rampager/etc prefixes, so you have to look at the stats.

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Same here.

It makes sense if you look at the skills available for those weapons. Just note that dungeon exotics do not have berserker/rampager/etc prefixes, so you have to look at the stats.

Yup, they don’t have the prefixes but if you’re familiar with the stat weightings for the pieces and know what you want/need, it’s easy :P Berserker is CoE (Inquest) tokens, the rest I’m not too sure.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

@OP

Here is a good guide that should answer all your questions:
http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver