Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Cause plant drown with too much water kappa

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

why are canine still not amphibic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

When did the canines become amphibious pets? Because to my knowledge since the beta weekends they have been terrestrial only (despite them being amphibious in an alpha stage at some point)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Canines aren’t amphibious. Maybe they’ll add a yellow labrador pet in the next expac that will be able to swim.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

My bad i didnt looked it up, but still is there a swimming fernhound in bloodstremcoast and they dont made canines amphibious even if dogs swim.in real life and a lot of wildcats dont.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

My bad i didnt looked it up, but still is there a swimming fernhound in bloodstremcoast and they dont made canines amphibious even if dogs swim.in real life and a lot of wildcats dont.

You can also send your canine pets to go attack underwater enemies and they will go into the water and actually attack, and they all have swim animations.

I don’t know why they decided to make them not amphibious since, as you said, dogs are more renown for swimming than cats are, yet the cats are amphibious for w/e reason.

in Ranger

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

I would say it has more to do with how the animals are. Dogs can swim, but as far as I’m aware they don’t hunt in water. On the other hand Bengal tigers do hunt in water, it’s something they’ve learned to do. It’s the only reason I could see for the distinction that fits with RL. I’m not against the idea, I’ve just never seen any hound or wolf hunt in water.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I would say it has more to do with how the animals are. Dogs can swim, but as far as I’m aware they don’t hunt in water. On the other hand Bengal tigers do hunt in water, it’s something they’ve learned to do. It’s the only reason I could see for the distinction that fits with RL. I’m not against the idea, I’ve just never seen any hound or wolf hunt in water.

This makes sense, although I kinda wish they’d have made them amphibious regardless since several NpCs have amphibious canines (usually a fern hound).

But alas, anet seems to want underwater combat to go away and never come back much to my dismay.

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Ive seen wolfs freeze a moose to death in water….does that count as hunting?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Ive seen wolfs freeze a moose to death in water….does that count as hunting?

Yes. Very smart thing the wolves did actually. If they tried taking the moose head on, they’d have likely lost some of their pack in the effort.

Neither moose nor wolves mess around. But yeah, they didn’t actually engage the moose in the water.

They spooked it into and kept it corralled in the water and waited for it to either die or struggle against them as it might desperately try to get back on land.

Properly brutal af for a pack of wolves.

in Ranger

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I think it might be because the AI-activated skills for canines are leaps, which wouldn’t work well graphically underwater.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I think it might be because the AI-activated skills for canines are leaps, which wouldn’t work well graphically underwater.

Doubt it. Have you seen the Tiger’s F2 underwater? It does the same animation as the one on-land. The only leap they bothered to change was Snow Leopard’s F2 to a swipe.

If they’re as lazy as they were with the Tiger F2, then they might as well let Canines do their on-land animations underwater. Would at least give us more underwater options.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.