why no power signet

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragin.4520

Dragin.4520

Q:

a guildie of mine was wondering when we were making a new build for my ranger why they don’t have a power signet?

Dragonbrand
Dragin Wind ranger of Duel

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Signets are BAD BAD BAD BAD DON’T DON’T DON’T DON’T PLAY THEM!

Thats why.

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Thats why.

This honestly made me laugh. A a lot of rangers actually have at least one signet in their builds, all of which are pretty powerful even when untraited.

As for why we don’t have power- or precision-based signets… I would think it has something to do with the pet’s stats and the signets’ interaction with them.

Only other reason I can think of, aside from there’s four of each type of skill and we already have our four.

why no power signet

in Ranger

Molch.2078

Thats why.

This honestly made me laugh. A a lot of rangers actually have at least one signet in their builds, all of which are pretty powerful even when untraited.

As for why we don’t have power- or precision-based signets… I would think it has something to do with the pet’s stats and the signets’ interaction with them.

Only other reason I can think of, aside from there’s four of each type of skill and we already have our four.

Yes, sometimes I forget that this game has content outside of PvE. But when you are used to OP 3 signet ranger in your PuGs, well, things get emotional sometimes.
So, let me reprahse that: Signets are not very good in PvE. Maybe the 25% movementspeed for map exploring, but thats it. I have no clue about ranger + pvp

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

I was speaking about PvE…

why no power signet

in Ranger

Molch.2078

Okay, teach me. Srsly, maybe I am wrong, but I can’t see any good in those signets.

• Signet of Renewal: Healing spring gives you all the conditionremove you need.
  • Signet of the Hunt: Burst in PvE? I think not at all.
  • Signet of Stone: The passive is almost not noticable and the active has way to much cd. If you can dodge all the other things without it, you don’t need it at all.
  • Signet of the Wild: Again, the passive is weak since in PvE you want to avoid damage rather then heal it. The active stability is sometimes nice but most of the time useless, the 25% damage increase is ok, but it has, again, way to much cd, its not worth it.

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

The extent of my PvE experience is basically limited to solo capping supply camps in WvW, but I don’t find them useless at all there. I don’t pay a lot of attention to the passives, although they do help some. Stone giving pet and myself invuln to direct damage buys time between heals when time is of the essence and I have to try to drop 3-4 veterans all at once.

Stability for entering keeps under siege coupled with the active from stone is great as well as very useful in the open field. If I’m defending from a structure I will try to take the time to swap my slot skills to be more appropriate, but even from a wall sometimes popping 3 signers so that you can get to the edge and unload on a target while under heavy fire is nothing to scoff at.

WvW-wise I really love signets.

For the OP, I could be wrong because I have never really looked closely at the damage at this part of the effect. Signet of the Wild is kind of a “power” signet when active, isn’t it?

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

How is 180 toughness for you and your pet and 200hp/sec (with 300 healing power) or 500hp/sec (with full clerics/apocathery) for your pet bad?

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Thats why.

Complete nonsense, our signets might not be as good as some for other classes in terms of cd and the fact thakitten only affects your pet untraited but they are still good.

I generally use 3 myself and I don’t want to drop any of them.

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I can understand the reluctance to use some signets in pve. However if you’re a beast master spec, the signet of wild or hunt damage boost is probably still useful.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

How is 180 toughness for you and your pet and 200hp/sec (with 300 healing power) or 500hp/sec (with full clerics/apocathery) for your pet bad?

Lol, this.
I think the consensus of Signet Warrior being bad has started to make people think that Signets in general are bad. Which is amazingly untrue.

Hoopa doopa.

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

For those people who trait 30 in marksmanship signet of beast master unleashes a whole new level of power on those signets. Signet of Wild gives 125% power and stability (which can stack on top of the stability given with rao), Signet of Stone gives 6 seconds of invulnerability. That is pretty big in wvw if I do say so myself, especially if you’re among the few who use a beserker build still. I do not know much about in pve but in wvw signets are almost a must have (even just signet of hunt for the speed boost).

For the original question, I would LOVE to see a power signet. Maybe passive effect is plus 100 power, and then the active effect is what Signet of Wild’s active effect is, and SoW could get a new activated effect like 10 seconds of regen applied to you and your pet or something along those lines. Or the power signet could have an active effect which grants quickness, but in general I think a power signet would be awesome.

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

(edited by Paz Shadow.9715)

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Thats why.

Oh no you din’nt

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

why no power signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Okay, teach me. Srsly, maybe I am wrong, but I can’t see any good in those signets.

• Signet of Renewal: Healing spring gives you all the conditionremove you need.
  • Signet of the Hunt: Burst in PvE? I think not at all.
  • Signet of Stone: The passive is almost not noticable and the active has way to much cd. If you can dodge all the other things without it, you don’t need it at all.
  • Signet of the Wild: Again, the passive is weak since in PvE you want to avoid damage rather then heal it. The active stability is sometimes nice but most of the time useless, the 25% damage increase is ok, but it has, again, way to much cd, its not worth it.
  • HS gives good CD removal, but you need to stand in it. This is deadly a lot of the time. The fact that this removes ALL conditions at once rather than one at time with a relatively low cooldown is also a big plus.
  • The lazy man’s signet. I love this one for the speed boost.
  • 180 toughness is no joke. For the most part, this is like 7% direct-damage mitigation for most medium to high toughness ranger builds. Even moreso for the squishier types.
  • Don’t ever discount the effect of the passive heal. With high healing power (1000+), this signet will passively heal you for 7320+ hp/minute. Avoid all the damage you want, you’re still going to get hit. This is a free heal every minute.
Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not