will rangers ever be nerfed ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

rangers are so op now with a longbow and full zerk gear + traits

will they ever be balanced ? because they’re way too overpowered now

i mean they’re worse than confusion mesmers were after the perplexity rune update

anyone has any info on when they will balance them ?

Are you Shpongled?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

This perception you have that ranger is “overpowered” is wrong. It’s so wrong it’s like saying that the sun is not a star.

Therefore, your question, “will [rangers] every be balanced?” Is a weird one to answer. Will they every be balanced? Yes. Hopefully, It will come in terms of utility skill adjustments, trait adjustments, elite adjustments, and pet adjustments. However, in no way shape or form would ranger be “nerfed”. That would mean balance.

What you meanto be asking is, “I am bad, I would like ranger to be unjustifiably nerfed. Will that ever happen?” The answer to this is, maybe. Anet still has not fully decided how they want to balance their game. If they are smart, then the answer will be no. This is because balance will be done around “top tier” PvP and things like PvE will be balanced around those PvP changes by changing the PvE (ie NPC fight mechanics).

Your other question asking if anyone has any info on when they will balance ranger? Well, no one has any info.

In the mean time, since things shouldn’t change. You just have to learn to play better. Good luck.

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Sure, rangers do good at dispatching single targets from range. Quite a shock that a weapon that was intended to do that does that. Oh, and this game isn’t even balanced around that though. Let’s say in the more intended style of play often involving multiple players, are rangers so OP? How well does a ranger last under sustained pressure from multiple people focusing it? (Not burst, mind you). But yes they are overpowered because they can just vanish and exit the battle. I definitely think ranger permastealth and extreme mobility needs to be nerfed a bit. The class should be completely helpless after using their defensive cooldowns and being cc’d. Oh wait…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yeeey! Another one!

I love you guys, you always make my day!

QQ ftw!

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Two things:
1 – Rangers aren’t OP now, only thing that happened is that you can’t ignore ranger’s damage anymore.
2 – With the history of the ranger updates, sooner or later we’ll get a nerf for sure, not sure where, but we’ll get one.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

These QQ threads are just dumb.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

lol perplexity mesmer fight back you kill yourself , that needed nurfing this doesn’t as fighting back is still a option.

in Ranger

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

For something to be nerfed, it should be overpowered first.

/thread…

#ELEtism 4ever

in Ranger

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

L2P m8
counting zerker LB ranger takes literally the elemental knowledge of the game.
basically you have only to dodge RF or somehow get reflection and zerker ranger goes down in 2 seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Fact: Only thief receives nerfs to overpowered builds due to forum Q.Q.

Result: Be not afraid if you are a ranger. You may get tweaked once every 6 months though.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Rangers won’t be nerfed, they still need to be buffed to be brought on par with other classes. The LB alone needs a solid 50% damage buff.

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Rangers won’t be nerfed, they still need to be buffed to be brought on par with other classes. The LB alone needs a solid 50% damage buff.

But they likely wont improve it since so many people rage with rapid fire. Me? I think what needs a buff is our pets.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Ranger

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

9 Guardians later…

in Ranger

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

No, you’re just an idiot and/or troll.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ascendant.5746

Ascendant.5746

everytime i c some1 say that rangers r utterly op, I like to link my Wall of Reflection skill.

in Ranger

STRanger.5120

But they likely wont improve it since so many people rage with rapid fire. Me? I think what needs a buff is our pets.

Well, more of a fix than direct buff, their AI sux, they’re not able to attack a lot of things in this game (objects, some world bosses etc.) and their attack are so slow that they miss in PvP/WvW so much it’s unbearable….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Ranger

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Until rangers are upvoted for being a problem over p/d thieves or even d/d elementals, then we’ll talk.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

No they will never be nerfed… Next question?

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

The sPvP tier thread (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/SPVP-Tier-List) is interesting since it’s a poll rather than a discussion thread (which are are hard to get a feel from since some people are too vocal and skew the discussion).
Looks like people don’t believe in the supposed overpoweredness of rangers (current leading ratings are S(top) for ele,engi, A(above avg) for war, thief and B(avg) for ranger, guard, necro, mesmer).
Assuming the devs feel the same way, nerfs are at least 2 balance patches away: like, if they buff some aspect of the ranger too much in the next balance patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

/thread…

Not necessarily, unfortunately if the Developer’s receive enough feedback in the direction of nerf ranger they are likely to go with it. Enough non-ranger tears can really change their minds.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

STRanger.5120

/thread…

Not necessarily, unfortunately if the Developer’s receive enough feedback in the direction of nerf ranger they are likely to go with it. Enough non-ranger tears can really change their minds.

I wrote “should”, see? So actually I took into consideration a situation you mentioned here
I’m aware of that not everything is nerfed rightfully, felt it so many times with characters I play, even in different games unfortunately…

#ELEtism 4ever

in Ranger

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Rangers were nerfed into oblivion on 6/25/13 adding to our reputation of being useless. Pets, bows sucked, only viable weapons were/are swords.

So to the OP, L2P if you can. Every class has it’s strengths and weaknesses. Figure it out dude.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

hopefully no nerf. lol.

yesterday i tried solo capping camp in wvw. so much easier with zerker LB. pew pew, entangle, barrage, then more pew pew… done.. lol.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Ranger

Posted by: Shrapnel.7249

Shrapnel.7249

This is weak. Rangers have so many deficiencies as is. Here’s an idea, dodge it and close the cap. It’s ridiculous that rangers get a buff and finally have aren’t laughably weak and everyone who cannot adjust cries. Condition removal is next to none unless we stand in a circle and let somebody aoe us to death. Before you QQ about a class needing a nerf, try playing it first to understand what is sacrificed to do those burst damage hits.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leaven.3704

Leaven.3704

Rangers were ridiculously underpowered before they were “Buffed”, so I’d say we deserve a little time in the limelight

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

will they ever be balanced ? because they’re way too overpowered now

i mean they’re worse than confusion mesmers were after the perplexity rune update

anyone has any info on when they will balance them ?

LOL another fisherperson.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

just wait for stream on balance changes, should be up in 15min

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

just wait for stream on balance changes, should be up in 15min

Ranger – Too many rangers using Longbow – We are adding a tell of the animation for the Point Blank skill and the projectile has a purple color to distinguish it from autoattacks.

That’s what was needed.

now the class will be too hard for the bandwagon noobs

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

where did you hear that from?

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Too many Rangers using longbow should be a sign to them that the other weapons suck. Not that the class is overpowered. I’m fine with the announced change though.

Hopefully it’s a sign that they’ll look at the other weapons and improve them as opposed to nerf Longbow further much in the same way they nerfed Shortbow so Longbow would feel more special.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

where did you here that from?

Dulfy write up from the Ready up today

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Ranger

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

That nerf to point blank shot sounds too mild to change things (and doesn’t affect PvE balance, which is probably intentional), and if the devs say they’re out for the longbow (edit: oops, that not what they said), count on another nudge downwards in the future.

(edited by Adrian Guardian.9480)