worth going healing for raids?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

is it worth to go full cleric?
using the staff in a condi build with condi sigils may make the weapon to do around 1K in conditions plus the 300 from direct damage make the weapon at least usable.

with all the healing the druid already bring: is it worth the dps loss to go full healing?
or there is any build with apothecary that is usable?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Raid druid job is not damage. It is heal and support so your team can do more dps via your many bonuses to damage and healing so they don’t have to take the dps loss to do iit themselves.

To do this job means high avatar up time to keep the GotL bonus Going strong, and dps rotations will take away from that. After all, you have 9 other people to worry about maxing dps…

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Raid druid job is not damage. It is heal and support so your team can do more dps via your many bonuses to damage and healing so they don’t have to take the dps loss to do iit themselves.

To do this job means high avatar up time to keep the GotL bonus Going strong, and dps rotations will take away from that. After all, you have 9 other people to worry about maxing dps…

yeah i get that. my point is if you use the staff 100% going power (cleric) is not a good idea because the lack of damage of that weapon. the direct damage is lower than the shortbow.

going condi will allow you to drop around a constant 1k of bleeds and you are still using the staff that will recharge your AF.
i didn’t see the healing scaling well with the staff, the most significant change is within CAF.
but even then the most difference is around 1K healing when you go full healing.

so i mean: you can be helping your team with the additional condition damage when you are out of CAF, and the benefits of going full healing dont seems to be worth it.

Or am i wrong?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

As a healer u will be sitting in staff nonstop, without it u cant build astral force fast enough to use caf off cd constant. Since i have the coin i use full zealot and put some clerics on when tanking 2nd boss. In any event our dmg doesnt make all that big dif when we are heal and staff focused, if the raid worry about ur dps then some of their 9 members arnt doing their dps role (or u can improve on spreading gotl, frost spirit, sun spirit, empowerment glyph)

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Groups with both full glass and healing druids have completed the wings. In fact the two best known hardcore PvE guilds, DnT and SC used opposing druid strategies to finish.

This forum keep arguing back and forth, but really the group composition, skill level, and fight have to be considered.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

I actually forgot that apothecary was primary healing, so I guess it isn’t really abandoning the healer role to use it. Just got to question if there are runes that would be more useful than the extra 1k damage? Like sigils of transference and water? Or even do sigils of fire and air for power based damage?

If we are looking at this purely from a clerics vs apothecary standpoint, if you were to run sword warhorn on swap, the sword would actually be somewhat useful on those few times where burning something down might matter…although now your counting on warhorn might and fury to make up for the gap between the increased sword damage and drop in GotL stacks.

As said many times on this forum by people like fluffball, group comp and skill probably matter more to any optimal build than anything else.

Disclosure: I went clerics because it’s a karma armor that comes with a healing based rune….

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

If you want to use staff, apothecary is useless. You need a decent critchance to apply bleeds. Without crits, cleric would be better.