1 million dollar question

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

If you have Dragon and Assassin stance and Herald/Retribution/Devastation Sw/Sh and Staff how do you deal with condis?

I have only generosity on weapons, that is my only way to get rid of one. When it is 1vs1 I am a dodging bunny and people have hard time to place condis on me but when it is XvX some random crap will always hit you and you are loaded with condis.

I thought about getting Corruption line instead of Devastation but it has only one GM skill helping with condis, I am not sure it deserve such an inventions and the Damage and the sustain I got from Devastation is to good to pass.

Invocation instead of Retibution gives one more condi cleanse and stun break every 9s but without and utility skill giving stability I feel myself like a ping pong ball hit right to the left.

So is revenant now heavy armored Thief that it should search 1v1 and +1?

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

There’s not much we can do about conditions. We’ve just got to hope that the developers take pity.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

The best defense against condis is Infuse Light, the Herald heal. And, of course, evading and kiting well so not to get hit with too many condis. It’s a weakness, and with the amount of heal and life steal Rev has, it’s not a particularly terrible weakness. The only times this weekend I’ve died to condis, even against condi builds, have been 3v1s.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Revenant

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Pretty much what Pazu said. It would still be nice to have some traitable condition removal that isn’t tied to a specific legend. At the very least the on legend swap condition removal in invocation should be 2 conditions to put it on par with Brawlers recovery in the same time-frame.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Revenant

posthumecaver.6473

The best defense against condis is Infuse Light, the Herald heal. And, of course, evading and kiting well so not to get hit with too many condis. It’s a weakness, and with the amount of heal and life steal Rev has, it’s not a particularly terrible weakness. The only times this weekend I’ve died to condis, even against condi builds, have been 3v1s.

Every other class gives you an option how you want to deal condis with utilities but while Revenant utilities are locked to Legends it is weird. I guess reverse logic dictate one weapon does at least something about condies, a Staff trait may be while it supposed to be support weapon.

Otherwise it will be impossible to fight against some classes like condition PU mesmers or Engis, you will just kill yourself to confusion.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

The staff 4 takes 2 off but the cast time and being stuck in the animation can get you killed faster since most condi builds can just bombard you if you stand still. Besides that you can get generosity or purity. I really wish they would change the animation on staff 4 and let you use it will moving. It counterproductive to use this skill a lot of the time because it puts you in harms way.

You can give up too much for what you’re receiving.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

I agree that legend swap should remove 2 condis. Too much more than that and people start complaining about survivability and as such damage gets nerfed.

Pick your battles. Mesmer is already a bit rough for sword rev. It’s not a class I’d 1v1 too much in PvP. But over the weekend I went toe-to-toe with several condi builds, including a trap ranger stacking 20 bleeds on me. I used Infuse Light to cover those and then bursted him down.

I even tried generosity sigil for a while but it just didn’t offer enough to make a difference. I’d rather have the extra burst from air and hydromancy (2k extra damage when legend swapping during UA).

People also underestimate the power of teamwork. In a team fight, I can rely on my buddies to cleanse for me while they let me burst and kitten out boons to them.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

This is basically my biggest issue with Revenant. You don’t have ‘utilities’ you have skill sets. You can’t substitute out a skill that isn’t as useful to you at the moment (i.e. Facet of Elements) for a Utility that gives you some condi-removal. If you want Condi removal you have to change your entire 6-0 bar and that bar is itself tied to your trait lines and even your weapon sets to extent (i.e. Mace/Axe + Mallyx + Corruption).

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

This is really an issue with Legend and trait choices. Shiro/Glint is going to be bad at tackling conditions. In a large setting your only real hope is other condi removal of nearby allies (warrior shouts, guardians, elementalists, etc) and rely on -Condi duration (very easy to get -60%).

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Was actually considering this at work today. Class skill groups tend towards being groups of 4 of the same type with an extra healing and elite skill if applicable.

Just for example a full physical warrior, he has 3 utility slots but 4 physical skills to fill those slots.

I’d actually propose something similar with the legend channeling in that while you’re still limited by your legend choice in what’s on your bar at any time you can choose 3 utilities out of 4 unique to that legend.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Revenant

posthumecaver.6473

Well I got nice demonstration yesterday, I had PU/Condi Mesmer yesterday, when he loaded me with confusion, I just killed myself.

None of our attacks are big hitters like, lets say warrior Eviscerate, it is 8 hits for 500 damage or so when 6-7 stacks of confusion if you do sword 3 or Staff 5 you are nearly instadead.

After my first dead I just ignored the guy and run away from the node he is on. I can deal nearly with all of the other condi bombers but Sw/Sh and Staff Dragon/Shiro Revenant can’t deal with PU Mesmer and confusion.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

That’s really the worst part. If you want to play Shiro/Glint for some nice offensive support then you have zero condi-cleanse. If there was an extra facet or assassin skill you could swap out to gain some ability to remove conditions that would at least help.

On any of the professions I play (Mesmer, Necro, Thief, Engineer, Guardian – though I play most to some extent) I can alter any build to include some condi cleanse if needed. I can slot in Portal temporarily for areas that call for it. Similarly, I’m not stuck with – say – a skill that Blinds while fighting Dredge(they’re immune). The Revenant, as it stands, doesn’t actually have “utility” skills, they’re just normal skills. The benefit of having two bars of 6-0 skills isn’t made up for by the lack of customization and Energy cost tied to all skills (though Energy didn’t seem quite so bad this beta.)

I could point out easily a half dozen times I’ve tried to get an opinion on this drawback of the profession from ANet. I’ve started threads that have died lonely. Everyone is blinded by the awesome thematics of the profession and now that we have a ‘complete’ profession are finally starting to see that this is an issue – one ANet likely doesn’t have time to address now.

Just one more utility per Legend would do a world of difference and set an precident for the profession.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

in Revenant

posthumecaver.6473

That’s really the worst part. If you want to play Shiro/Glint for some nice offensive support then you have zero condi-cleanse. If there was an extra facet or assassin skill you could swap out to gain some ability to remove conditions that would at least help.

On any of the professions I play (Mesmer, Necro, Thief, Engineer, Guardian – though I play most to some extent) I can alter any build to include some condi cleanse if needed. I can slot in Portal temporarily for areas that call for it. Similarly, I’m not stuck with – say – a skill that Blinds while fighting Dredge(they’re immune). The Revenant, as it stands, doesn’t actually have “utility” skills, they’re just normal skills. The benefit of having two bars of 6-0 skills isn’t made up for by the lack of customization and Energy cost tied to all skills (though Energy didn’t seem quite so bad this beta.)

I could point out easily a half dozen times I’ve tried to get an opinion on this drawback of the profession from ANet. I’ve started threads that have died lonely. Everyone is blinded by the awesome thematics of the profession and now that we have a ‘complete’ profession are finally starting to see that this is an issue – one ANet likely doesn’t have time to address now.

Just one more utility per Legend would do a world of difference and set an precident for the profession.

I am torn about asking about buffs for condi removal, this 2 stance are really powerful, I have a feeling developers sees this class major weakness and will never buff it but think like this, even with heavy armor this class feels squishy, I think that relies on you don’t have heavy hitters like other classes, so you should be always near to enemy to make small hits. So in my opinion it will not do good in team fights but will be really good for 1vs1 +1 ing.

But know you go to a node, a PU/Condi Mesmer sits there you can just do a thing, just leave there.

Because of this small multi hits they should give this stances something that reduces the effectiveness of confusion.

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

The Legends are all like Skill Categories of others Profession. Shiro and Glint are not different to Banners and Physicals. Those are not meant to handle Conditions. If you want Condition Removal you have to take the Skill Categories that offer that: Jalis and Ventari.

Yes everyone else can throw in a single Utility Skill to handle a bit of the Conditions and don’t have to commit 5 Skills to it. But that it the tradeoff of the Revenant for having 10 Utilities in Combat. If you don’t like that fact, Revenant is not the Profession for you, sorry.

• Shiro: CC + Mobility
  • Glint: Boon Sharing
  • Jalis: Utility + Damage Reduction
  • Mallyx: Condition Removal from Allies + CC + Boon Removal
  • Ventari: Healing + Projectile Protection + AoE Condition Removal

Those are the Designs of the Legends, if you tack Condi Removal on every single one that has None it would be same like tacking Condi Removal on at least 1 Skill of every Category of other Profession.

If you want it as a stubborn Revenant glued into Shiro and Glint, take the Traits and Weapons to reach it, you act like other Professions have something like “Remove all Conditions” with 0s CD on a single Skill.