A Change for UA

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

So we all know that UA bugs out with confusion and procs the on skill damage effect 6 times, which is obviously not intended. My theory is that it treats the skills confusion relation like it does with the might gain does. Yes, might gain is on hit, but perhaps it’s treating each hit as a potential skill and activating confusion.

So if hopes to fix this, would we consider changing the skill to not give might on hit and stop confusion procs, assuming that’s the reason it is, and if so, what would we do to the skill to compensate for this loss?

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

Yea, it’s really hard as a rev to clear the condi’s on you, so you just have to wait the confusion out. It’s really annoying especially against a mesmer who could put constant confusion on you and has ridiculous gap closers

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Other skills proc might on hit and don’t have the confusion problem (Thief’s dual-pistol #3 comes to mind), so I don’t think that’s the reason.

I think the reason each attack is treated as separate is because each attack needs to target (potentially) a different enemy and that the attack needs to auto-cancel if all targets die or move out of range (to keep you from just being trapped in the skill for a few seconds). To accomidate one or both of those traits, the devs coded the move as 6 separate attacks instead of a single channel, which is why it triggers confusion multiple times.

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: BrokenGlass.9356

BrokenGlass.9356

Seems like they could just code confusion to only proc on the last hit.

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowRain X.8159

ShadowRain X.8159

Also remember guys back during the original implementation of UA with 7 slashes, confusion doesnt proc 7x or else every Rev noticed the instadeath from confusion way back then. Might also procs per hit during that 1st iteration. Only when they changed it to 5 slashes that the confusion bug surfaced.

A Change for UA

in Revenant

ShadowRain X.8159

Yo arenanet, will we have this bug forever?

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Its not a bug, its a feature :^))))))
No but really. I wouldn’t mind UA staying as it is and just knocking out that stupid bug as soon as possible.
If we're removing the Might gain for any reason, then UA's damage better focus mostly on whoever's targeted while cleaving anything in a 180 radius of that individual

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

It’s fine as is,and needs no changes

A Change for UA

in Revenant

Posted by: Chungo.3169

Chungo.3169

UA needs revision, and using a second time Facet of chaos does not give superspeed (quite some time ago) Hopefully not be left as it is.

A Change for UA

in Revenant

ShadowRain X.8159

It’s fine as is,and needs no changes

Let’s meet up. I give you confusion, you use UA after. Then tell us it’s fine as is.