After-patch condi builds (and chill)

in Revenant

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

(for PvP)
I’m wondering about Grenth rune in particular and if the investment into chill duration is worth it.
Here’s 2 general directions I’m thinking about (both involve Deadshot amulet as it looks like the best bet)
- Tormenting runes – you cap on torment duration without sigil (extra sigil slot), 2 torment stacks on heal
- Grenth runes – no cap on torment duration, must use 25% torment duration sigil (82% total torment duration), chill when using heal (2 torment stacks from trait), and you get sweet 67% duration on chill.

Main question; is chill any good to be investing into it? Since UA is now pretty much biggest damage for condi revs, it seems to me that chill investment isn’t that terrible. Additionally to OP chill on UA, you get that extra second of chill on axe 4, guaranteed chill when using heal and chance to chill when youget hit (could save you once in a full moon when trying to disengage).
Thoughts?

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

chill is better as its hard to stay in melee as a condi revenant
you dont need 80% torment duration in pvp

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Looks like the Grenth runes might be the way to go. Applying constant and sustained chill with UA plus Sword 2 and Axe 4 means they stay closer to you, have their cooldowns increased, receive extra torment stacks and become easier to keep inside of your Mace 2’s, Unyielding Anguishes, and Elemental Blasts. I just tried them out and man, it was awesome.

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yup my first thought when patch hit was Grenth runes and its what im using on my condi rev. Abysall Chill of torment on chill works very well it it.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Also vitality rune which grant 7% dMG to chill foes can be nice

in Revenant

Posted by: lawz.4798

lawz.4798

So what would be the spec to follow? what armor?