Alacrity fixes nothing

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

When Mesmer can pump out 100% alacrity and quickness, did you guys think this would change anything?

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Plus mesmer alacrity wells are still only 5 targets so you’ll need 2 mesmers for the hight time on alacrity.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: linium.6042

linium.6042

I am trying not to think about alacrity.Except that the Pony legend feel just a litle bit less clunky.
I like some of the Jalis changes.What i dont like is “Rite of the Great Dwarf” change is only pvp and not pve. Why?
A lot of people are disapointed but honestly it could be worst.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

read the entire revenant section they changed A LOT on the tablet. its practically free to use now. and its core healing ability has more to gain from healing power. its still no ele healing but its atleast more useful than it was and honestly i find tablet heals to be fairly useful in WvW.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

It won’t be used over a Mesmer in high end content. Ever. People will stick to mirror comp it seems…sigh…

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

It won’t be used over a Mesmer in high end content. Ever. People will stick to mirror comp it seems…sigh…

It was never going to replace Mesmer; Quickness is too good.
It will never replace Druid either because GotL, Spotter, and Spirits are too good.

Ventari Revenant is kinda in the middle.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

The one to Rule.2593

It was never going to replace Mesmer; Quickness is too good.
It will never replace Druid either because GotL, Spotter, and Spirits are too good.

Ventari Revenant is kinda in the middle.

Exactly why this fixes nothing

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I personally think it will become very relevant in wvw. Ventari has some very high healing now, with healing power actually scaling and with modifiers I was able to pump out 8k heals with just over 1200 healing power from a single skill. On top of that the on demand light field will do wonders for culling the condi meta in wvw. The alacrity will be useful for helping cds come up in large groups.

Outside of that I feel like its wishful thinking that they made ventari good enough. It lacks the amount of group support both mesmer and ranger provide to bump them out of either of their spots in pve. After talking to some people, it might be possible to for 1 mesmer to keep quickness up by its self on 10 people and alacrity up 70% of the time. We might be the gap fill class. In pvp ventari will still be way to susceptible to cc burst for the changes to be meaningful in that context as well and with the changes to ele, how study druid and guard are I cannot see ventari rev attempting to contest for the support role.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I personally think it will become very relevant in wvw. Ventari has some very high healing now, with healing power actually scaling and with modifiers I was able to pump out 8k heals with just over 1200 healing power from a single skill. On top of that the on demand light field will do wonders for culling the condi meta in wvw. The alacrity will be useful for helping cds come up in large groups.

Outside of that I feel like its wishful thinking that they made ventari good enough. It lacks the amount of group support both mesmer and ranger provide to bump them out of either of their spots in pve. In pvp ventari will still be way to susceptible to cc burst for the changes to be meaningful in that context as well and with the changes to ele, how study druid and guard are I cannot see ventari rev attempting to contest for the support role.

Yeah I’m excited for it in wvw. The cheaper tablet move, better healing scaling and changes to light fields had me more excited than the alacrity tbh. Though that is probably due to me constantly forgetting what alacrity even does these days haha!

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Its fantastic for WvW at least. Both for healing and for plonking tablet on siege for alacrity and disable blocks + passive heals against arrow carts. And you can sit 1500 away.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Rangerdeity.5847

at the very least tablet will now be a beloved heal feature in WvW. i already healed 10 people thru 20 with ease. a bit more practice and build tweaking and im sure i can hit 10k heal bombs. sprinkle light field projectile absorbs rejuv protection and condi clears it could be main heals for a zerg almost on par with ele. if they just slightly upped the range of its heals it would be unstoppable.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

When Mesmer can pump out 100% alacrity and quickness, did you guys think this would change anything?

The answer to that lies in how much mesmer was buffed. If the time warp and Well of Action buffs are enough to allow 1 mesmer to provide enough quickness for 10 people, but not enough alacrity, then it would make sense to bring a ventari revenant instead of a second mesmer.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

The answer to that lies in how much mesmer was buffed. If the time warp and Well of Action buffs are enough to allow 1 mesmer to provide enough quickness for 10 people, but not enough alacrity, then it would make sense to bring a ventari revenant instead of a second mesmer.

Don’t tell them that… logic is non existent on patch day….

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Narth.6094

Narth.6094

Alacrity actually opens up a lot of options in combination with the rework to Druid’s grace of the land. These buffs are trying to redistribute alacrity and GoL so that you don’t have to run two mesmers and two druids.

Pretty much, now that GoL affects 10 people you only need to take a single healing druid. Also, now that Time Warp affects 10 people, a single mesmer should be pretty close to being able to supply constant quickness to the party.

They also buffed the scaling of healing power by 180% on the Ventari’s main AoE heal.

I haven’t crunched the numbers yet, but a healing Ventari revenant can replace a druid and give the team alacrity, boon duration, and permanent protection without losing any GoL stacks now. Theoretically, if a mesmer can keep permanent quickness on the whole raid, then this means that this also makes room for another DPS too.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Alacrity actually opens up a lot of options in combination with the rework to Druid’s grace of the land. These buffs are trying to redistribute alacrity and GoL so that you don’t have to run two mesmers and two druids.

Pretty much, now that GoL affects 10 people you only need to take a single healing druid. Also, now that Time Warp affects 10 people, a single mesmer should be pretty close to being able to supply constant quickness to the party.

They also buffed the scaling of healing power by 180% on the Ventari’s main AoE heal.

I haven’t crunched the numbers yet, but a healing Ventari revenant can replace a druid and give the team alacrity, boon duration, and permanent protection without losing any GoL stacks now. Theoretically, if a mesmer can keep permanent quickness on the whole raid, then this means that this also makes room for another DPS too.

No, you cannot replace a druid/ranger because spirits were not made 10 man and neither was glyph of empowerment.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: origin.1496

origin.1496

Keep in mind- Ventari is NOT an elite spec either with access to alacrity now. Perhaps not now, but later, this will be useful with further updates and improvements.

A long stretch. But it is not tied to an elite spec giving it some unique flavor.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Keep in mind- Ventari is NOT an elite spec either with access to alacrity now. Perhaps not now, but later, this will be useful with further updates and improvements.

A long stretch. But it is not tied to an elite spec giving it some unique flavor.

It won’t, because the alacrity relies on sitting in ventari, given that if you legend swap that’s 10 seconds of no access to the alacrity generation, and the utility of the new elite spec legend will be exclusive with the active utility of ventari.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Eponet.4829

No, you cannot replace a druid/ranger because spirits were not made 10 man and neither was glyph of empowerment.

What you can replace though if the numbers work out such that time warp and Well of Action buffs are enough to allow 1 mesmer to supply 10 people with quickness is the second mesmer. Groups will still want alacrity, but won’t need any more quickness, and even a revenant sitting in ventari will be more useful than a second mesmer when you don’t need them for quickness.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

What you can replace though if the numbers work out such that time warp and Well of Action buffs are enough to allow 1 mesmer to supply 10 people with quickness is the second mesmer. Groups will still want alacrity, but won’t need any more quickness, and even a revenant sitting in ventari will be more useful than a second mesmer when you don’t need them for quickness.

No, it won’t because taking salvation means sacrificing invocation or devastation.

Realistic revenant dps benchmark is 25.4k. Losing Devastation is a 27% damage loss from trait modifiers. Losing Invocation is a 15% damage loss from traits. That’s not including the damage loss of not using jalis or elemental blast.

Rev would drop to around 18-19k DPS in ventari, it’d be no better than a condi druid or condi chrono.

ALACRITY DOES NOT COME FREE. YOU HAVE TO SPEC SALVATION TRAITLINE FOR IT.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Eponet.4829

No, it won’t because taking salvation means sacrificing invocation or devastation.

Realistic revenant dps benchmark is 25.4k. Losing Devastation is a 27% damage loss from trait modifiers. Losing Invocation is a 15% damage loss from traits. That’s not including the damage loss of not using jalis or elemental blast.

Rev would drop to around 18-19k DPS in ventari, it’d be no better than a condi druid or condi chrono.

Something that would do around the same damage as a condi chronomancer, while providing assassin’s presence and having better alacrity uptime. That sounds like a good trade to me if one mesmer is enough to handle the entire party’s quickness.

I take it that you haven’t played chronomancer much. The ability to do even half decent damage as a condi chronomancer isn’t free either. It means maintaining full pistol phantasms, while chronomancers need shield phantasms in order to maintain permanent alacrity on 5 people, and they also need to sacrifice utility skills, cutting down their support even further in order to take damage signers.

Ventari camping revenant is a much better support than condi chronomancer, which is barely a support at all. Having comparable damage as well just strengthens the case that it has the potential to find a place.

Even if we assume that your estimates are right, 18-19k dps might seem low to you, but being able to do that much damage while also supporting effectively is like a dream to chronomancers.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Something it would do around the same damage as a condi chronomancer, while providing assassin’s presence and having better alacrity uptime. That sounds like a good trade to me if one mesmer is enough to handle the entire party’s quickness.

I take it that you haven’t played chronomancer much. The ability to do even half decent damage as a condi chronomancer isn’t free either. It means maintaining full pistol phantasms, while chronomancers need shield phantasms in order to maintain permanent alacrity on 5 people, and they also need to sacrifice utility skills, cutting down their support even further in order to take damage signers.

Ventari camping revenant is a much better support than condi chronomancer, which is barely a support at all. Having comparable damage as well just strengthens the case that it has the potential to find a place.

It would not have better alacrity uptime, what the hell are you talking about.

It also lacks reflects (if you are using absorb you ain’t buffing alacrity), it lacks group distortion. It lacks group boon copy, it lacks CC bar damage (GG with surge of the mists draining the energy you need to spam alacrity with).

You only need 2 iavengers for fulltime alacrity. Condi chrono already did same realistic DPS as full DPS rev, so the loss in phantasms make him no less DPS than the whopping lose rev suffers from picking salvation.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Eponet.4829

Quote omitted due to character limit. For reference, look at the post above.

Don’t forget to combine that with the fact that 2 avengers is with a well build, so it’s not just 2 duelists that they lose (which is a huge amount), but also signet of domination, and either the flex spot of feedback (meaning no reflects on either), or signet of midnight, 20% condition duration, which is similarly huge.

Then that number comparable to dps revenant isn’t actually condition chronomancer, but condition mesmer running dueling/illusion/chaos. Dueling is practically mandatory as it’s where their illusion bleeds come from, which is their most powerful condition, and chaos represents another 18% condition duration, along with some additional condition damage, just for chronomancer, thus they also don’t have shared distortion, since in order to get that, they’d need to be running inspiration, which would reduce their damage even further.

Condi mesmer literally doesn’t have the space on its bar/trait line to fit in inspiring distortion, wells for alacrity, and reflects.

Ventari camping revenant can’t do it all at the same time, but they can do them all, and you rarely will end up needing to spend more than a matter of seconds reflecting.

Condition mesmer only has access to feedback, and only if they trait for it, meaning they either didn’t trait for wells, or gave up a full 20% condition duration from signet of midnight. If we’re assuming an alacrity maintaining build in both cases, Revenant has the advantage here.

Ventari camping revenant has amazing breakbar damage, they have to drop alacrity for it for a couple of seconds, but it’s also not a frequent occurrence. That said, magic bullet and polymorph moa are similarly good and don’t require dropping alacrity. This one’s in the chronomancer’s favour.

Group Distortion, neither have. Revenant doesn’t have access to it, and if you’re picking up the trait lines for both alacrity and shared distortion, along with spending 2 of your phantasm slots on illusionary avengers, you might as well not even play condition chronomancer.

Other support: Boon copying has the same issue as reflects. You only have so many utility skills, you can’t support reflects, boon proliferating (it no longer copies since the nerf), and condition damage all at the same time. On the other hand, Revenant also supports by providing assassin’s presence to 5 people just by taking the devestation line, which they should be taking anyway. Revenant is quite clearly the winner in this case.

I get the feeling that you
1) Haven’t played Chronomancer enough to realise just how much they give up in order to achieve even mediocre damage. People don’t call chronomancer damage trash tier for no reason.

2) Just want to make the revenant changes seem worthless, when they actually do have the potential to give them a spot provided that quickness generation is buffed to the point where you don’t need 2 chronomancers. If there’s ever a time when there’s enough quickness generation that we don’t need a second chronomancer, Revenant is quite easily the go to option unless your group has a bunch of classes that don’t benefit from alacrity.

In either case, there’s not point trying to reason with you whether it’s out of ignorance or because you’re pushing an agenda rather than looking at it objectively.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

It’s already been stated that the chronomancer sacrifices DPS for utility, the problem is your pigheaded insistence out of ignorance for how a revenant plays that it would be any better a choice.

“Couple of seconds”. This shows how clueless you are. At 5 upkeep, which means you aren’t even providing your group with 33% boon duration via facet and thus being even more of a drag on your chronomancer, you are regenning 5 energy per second.

Your short reflect even at 2 seconds drains 8 energy per second, 16 energy you give up or essentially 4 seconds worth of full upkeep to get a single cast of Natural Harmony back, except not even because Natural Harmony has a 1 second delay built on top. That’s 5 seconds built in down time to obtainina a 3s alacrity effectt if you use your reflect. Surge of the mists causes a 4 second delay at full regen for one cast.

Problem being we both know that you start a legend at 50 energy and you’re not going to be able to indefinitely maintain Natural Harmony even at 5 upkeep. You get 2 casts of 6 seconds of alacrity, during which you have 2 seconds worth of regen to build the missing 10 to get your last cast out of the initial bar, that’s 7 seconds of alacrity remaining.

Of those 7 seconds of alacrity, you shave off 4 waiting for 5 upkeep ticks of regen until the next application, which leaves you at 6 when you get your next renewal, after which it shaves down to 2 seconds left of alacrity by the time you get your new 3 second refresh. That gives you merely 1 more cycle for a refresh at 1 second, for 4 seconds and a final refresh of 3, at which point your alacrity uptime drags dramatically. At which point you operate at 3 seconds out of every 5 for alacrity.

That’s a pathetic 60% alacrity uptime after. So around 24 seconds of 100% alacrity after which you drop down to 60% alacrity uptime assuming that’s the only thing you do and you don’t EVER need to reflect, break a CC bar, or move the tablet at 5 energy cost which adds one second of delay to your next alacrity application. That also assumes you don’t need a stunbreak for some reason since the only stunbreak on ventari is a 35 energy cost.

For what, doing similar damage to a chronomancer who can potentially bring more total utility and still the same alacrity?

Don’t make me laugh. You’re better off as a revenant going full DPS and taking up the slot of the 2nd PS warrior with more group DPS contribution since realistic DPS revenant had a 5-6k DPS lead over warrior before the buffs to Jalis hammer, and all you would need is some group comp tweaks to fill the remaining 12 might given a revenant can bring 13 to his 5 man group while in Glint without much effort. The druid could simply swap out the tiger for jungle stalker and alongside mesmer inspiration signet and the spirit trait that gives passive 3 might the gap in might for the DPS slots is more than filled.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Rangerdeity.5847

I scroll down this thread and honestly its one giant block of TLDR guys really make your points a little more condense i dont need you to compare every single aspect on every post you make your just repeating what was said before you at this point.
FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER
see how stupid that looks? settle down slow down figure out what your core point is check if its already been brought up and if it has then post.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Hadn’t heard about them getting alacrity until seeing this thread.

I don’t love the look of it.

Executing the same ability over and over and over and over and over to keep a buff up? Yeah, that’s not going to make me want to throw myself out a window.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Rangerdeity.5847

Executing the same ability over and over and over and over and over to keep a buff up? Yeah, that’s not going to make me want to throw myself out a window.

i dont think your intended to keep the buff up its just some added flavor to justify using the energy. the reason to abuse that power is 8-12k on a single heal with a 2 second CD. and you can trait for protection every time you move the tablet. as well as pulsing regen and you can tap the light field on for condi clearing on demand or use it to cover your rez or protect your retreat. plus infinite access to knockback is great tho the knockback range needs to be higher :/

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

i dont think your intended to keep the buff up its just some added flavor to justify using the energy. the reason to abuse that power is 8-12k on a single heal with a 2 second CD. and you can trait for protection every time you move the tablet. as well as pulsing regen and you can tap the light field on for condi clearing on demand or use it to cover your rez or protect your retreat. plus infinite access to knockback is great tho the knockback range needs to be higher :/

Dont forget the energy usage, try it out first. Its cost intensive and while you spam the heal, you can only autoattack.

Alacrity fixes nothing

in Revenant

Rangerdeity.5847

Dont forget the energy usage, try it out first. Its cost intensive and while you spam the heal, you can only autoattack.

for the amount you heal and shred condis while providing perma alacrity there is zero reason you should be allowed to do more at once. i mean honestly do you think ele should be allowed to provide siege 100% uptime on alacrity while dropping meteor shower on the tower walls while countering epibombs while dropping 12k heals constantly? nah you would like it if ele had to wait a few seconds to return to meteor shower after dropping full health on the tank you just fought for 30 seconds to get to half health. given the insane output on support rev has being able to use weapon skills while doing that support would be over powered as kitten in WvW.