Allow us to move while blocking with shield.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gdb.3492

Gdb.3492

Please, just as the warrior does, allow us to move while using shield.

in Revenant

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

chrono can move n block with shield aswell. Their block is insane compared to ours, and warriors can move and reflect while blocking!

Heck remove the healing but allow us to move while blocking. Being an immobile healing rock for 3 sec sucks.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

you choose. Or you stay on place and heal or you can move. But it can’t be the two. I am personnaly fine with the block healing.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

There are two other weapons that allow us to block while moving (Staff and Sword OH), so I don’t think that Shield needs the same treatment.

I would actually like to see it get something like an invulnerability or generate a few stacks of stability at the start of the channel to make it harder to interrupt. There are a lot of unblockable attacks in the game now such that being immobile, even while blocking, leaves you pretty vulnerable (in PvP / WvW). Generating stability would be particularly useful since it would have some synergy with the Herald trait Enhanced Bulkwark, since the Rev currently has pretty limited access to stability.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Heck remove the healing but allow us to move while blocking. Being an immobile healing rock for 3 sec sucks.

Then use sword instead. Leave shield alone.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

With the raised cd it should become invul.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

They should not have increased the cd at all.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Obviously. Im against this change as our shield probably has higher cd’s now on top of energy. They could increase the energy cost to 25 or even 30 but instead they just slapped extra cd for no reason when so much unblockable stuff runs around. For me it looks like a nerf based on 1v1. Meanwhile mesmer has insane block still while being able to move, warrior can move and deflect..

But now that they raised it cd it has to become invul.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

chrono can move n block with shield aswell. Their block is insane compared to ours, and warriors can move and reflect while blocking!

please do not remove the heal, lol. With the nerf on glint’s heal basically shield#5 is the only way to heal safely and consistently on power builds (shiro/glint).

in Revenant

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

L M A O

Are you for real? You want a 3 second invuln on a skill that has a 25 second recharge AND that heals? While guardian has Renewed Focus on a 90 second CD? Mist Form is 75? Obsidian Flesh is 50? Elixir S is 60? And none of those skills heal. You do know warrior shield 5 also has a 25 second CD too right? And a mesmer’s distortion requires you to destroy all your clones (1 second per clone, 3 second max) and it has a 50 second CD.

Bro, I’ll type this in the most sober way possible, this is the worst suggestion I’ve ever seen in the history of suggestions, and by bro I mean never my bro.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

And yet, you’d be perfectly fine with them changing the trait to 60 seconds? Guess you don’t use that one, huh? Who cares if other people like it?

Bro, I’ll type this in the most sober way possible, this is the worst suggestion I’ve ever seen in the history of suggestions, and by bro I mean never my bro.

And now I’m reminded of the satellite TV commercial. I can’t stop saying bro, bro.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

L M A O

Are you for real? You want a 3 second invuln on a skill that has a 25 second recharge AND that heals? While guardian has Renewed Focus on a 90 second CD? Mist Form is 75? Obsidian Flesh is 50? Elixir S is 60? And none of those skills heal. You do know warrior shield 5 also has a 25 second CD too right? And a mesmer’s distortion requires you to destroy all your clones (1 second per clone, 3 second max) and it has a 50 second CD.

All the stuff you mentioned can be trained and theres some serious difference.

Guardian also recharge his class mechanic.
Mist form is a stunbreak ability with increased movement speed to escape, can be sued to stomp
Obsidian flesh is 4sec invul, during that time you can do whatever you wish as enemy cannot do a kitten, can be trained to 33sec.
Elixir S is also a stunbreak ability which can remove condi, provide might n stealth (toolbelt), allows you to stomp.
Trained warrior shield stance has 20cd and reflect projectiles while being mobile.

At the very least shield should pulse condi cleanse right now along with it heal.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

If they were going to make any addition to shield 5, I’d prefer adding stability while channeled, which I think fits thematically with the ability.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

If they were going to make any addition to shield 5, I’d prefer adding stability while channeled, which I think fits thematically with the ability.

I was kicked out many times in shield 5 today due to stab from dodge. Free fear for necro ds 2. It wont change anything.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I was kicked out many times in shield 5 today due to stab from dodge. Free fear for necro ds 2. It wont change anything.

I actually liked it as a break bar, it just needed to be tougher to break.

in Revenant

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

L M A O

Mist form is a stunbreak ability with increased movement speed to escape, can be sued to stomp
Obsidian flesh is 4sec invul, during that time you can do whatever you wish as enemy cannot do a kitten, can be trained to 33sec.
Elixir S is also a stunbreak ability which can remove condi, provide might n stealth (toolbelt), allows you to stomp.
Trained warrior shield stance has 20cd and reflect projectiles while being mobile.

At the very least shield should pulse condi cleanse right now along with it heal.

If you want a mobile block, why not use offhand sword?

But honestly, invuln would be too strong

(edited by Skyline Crash.6254)

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

it’s fine as it is…even tho with that cd increase now is less powerful…
i could live with another 5s cd increase but with mobility

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

L M A O

If you want a mobile block, why not use offhand sword?

But honestly, invuln would be too strong

Where did i stated i want it to be a mobile skill? I stopped using sword since yesterday and went for shield (funny inst it?) cus sword offhand block is bugged, wave and grasp shadow useless – even more so with phase traversal nerf.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

And yet, you’d be perfectly fine with them changing the trait to 60 seconds? Guess you don’t use that one, huh? Who cares if other people like it?

That is for consistency. Most skills like that have either 60 or 90 seconds cooldown. We got Eye for an Eye with 45 sec, which is weird, but Roy probably did that because he took our 3s protection from the other trait.