Anet, please ignore the anti-weapon swappers

in Revenant

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

So many posts right now about people hating on the new weapon swap mechanic for revenant, which is ridiculous. They are complaining non stop, with the simple fact that no one has even beta tested yet with weapon swapping in effect. Just hoping Anet isn’t taking any of these people seriously who say Rev shouldn’t have this ability because ‘every class needs one profession without weapon swap’, or that somehow weapon swap ’takes away originality.

Let’s all just chill a bit when there is no real meaningful data or feedback on rev yet with weapon swap.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

lol, what makes their views any less validated than those that support weapon swap?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Eight Samurai.6840

lol, what makes their views any less validated than those that support weapon swap?

Good point, which is why I made the last statement that we should just all relax about this topic without any meaningful data. What I’m worried about is that the naysayers will become the vocal minority and Anet will take it away without even testing it. Who knows they could be right (which I highly doubt because their reasoning is ridiculous) and they will remove it after proper feedback.

in Revenant

Posted by: iGuarDiaN.1925

iGuarDiaN.1925

Some people enjoyed the class as is, even though it was limiting. The main reason why these forums are in place is to provide feedback and give insight into what players experienced. You’re right, it’s unfair to give feedback on something that hasn’t been play tested, however to say that people should not post is not the proper way to go about it.

I’m looking forward to trying weapon swap, however from my personal opinion it’s not quite where it needs to be yet. That’s just my opinion. Rather than flaming, like quite a few other members are doing, wait and see what happens. Maybe you’ll see someone else’s point of view.

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

My main problem with weapon swapping is not that it exists, but that it will give to the profession way too many “do nothing” skills that have to be chained together.

For example:
1. You press \ to swap weapons, but have no energy left to use the weapon skills you want, so you have to:
2. Press F1. However, if the legend you’re swapping to happens to be Ventari, then you’ll also have to:
3. Press 6, unless you want to lock yourself out of utilities simply because you wanted to swap your weapons.

That’s 2 or 3 button presses that do nothing. That’s 2 or 3 buttons that you’ll have to press before even using your desired weapon skills from the weapon you just swapped to.

And that’s just clumsy and not streamlined at all. It can, however, be fixed without having to remove weapon swap.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I really can’t fathom why people wouldn’t want weapon swap, i’m honestly baffled.

I mean if you really dont want to use weapon swap, don’t use it. But for the class to feel viable and not repetitive, while also being able to have the option of both melee and ranged at the same time, we NEED weapon swap.

@Lonewolf kai, we already played without weapon swap and the majority of people said that Rev needs it, thats why the view of weapon swap being good is validated.

But the OP is right, lets just test rev with it before arguing if it’s a good decision or not.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

I think the anti-weapon swapper threads are alright so long as they provide a valid and doable alternative. I think what really should be ignored are the threads asking for no cooldowns/energy consumption for weapon skills. Those people have no idea what balance is.

in Revenant

Eight Samurai.6840

I think the anti-weapon swapper threads are alright so long as they provide a valid and doable alternative. I think what really should be ignored are the threads asking for no cooldowns/energy consumption for weapon skills. Those people have no idea what balance is.

I will disagree with you it would be really interesting to at least test this, so long as Anet re-balances the energy regen/degen for this purpose.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Good point, which is why I made the last statement that we should just all relax about this topic without any meaningful data.

Indeed. Perhaps you should change the thread title? Asking Anet to flat out ignore one person over another is deplorable, not to mention contradictory to your later-stated view on the matter.

What I’m worried about is that the naysayers will become the vocal minority and Anet will take it away without even testing it.

Well now… isn’t that interesting?

Who knows they could be right

Indeed they could! Which is why everyone should have the freedom to speak their opinion here and let Anet decide.

(which I highly doubt because their reasoning is ridiculous)

Your opinion.

and they will remove it after proper feedback.

Honestly I highly doubt Anet will backpedal at this point. It’s just too late to second guess this decision. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t like the weapon swap. That doesn’t mean we should just silence anyone who criticizes it. Constructive criticism is essential to improving art and design.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
- Mark Twain

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I really can’t fathom why people wouldn’t want weapon swap, i’m honestly baffled.

I mean if you really dont want to use weapon swap, don’t use it. But for the class to feel viable and not repetitive, while also being able to have the option of both melee and ranged at the same time, we NEED weapon swap.

@Lonewolf kai, we already played without weapon swap and the majority of people said that Rev needs it, thats why the view of weapon swap being good is validated.

But the OP is right, lets just test rev with it before arguing if it’s a good decision or not.

I’m not really sure why you are @’ing me. I’m not arguing for or against weapon swapping. I just pointed out that claiming a person’s opinion as wrong is just …well… wrong.

Personally, I’m actually for keeping weapon swap.

I also think that weapon skills shouldn’t have cooldowns if they have energy cost attached to them. Weapon skills and Utility skills should only cost energy.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

See, the thing that these people who are against weapon swapping fail to understand is that you DON’T have to swap weapons. Think of Thief. You can really just stay in one weaponset as a Thief for the entire day without having to swap to a second weapon set. The second weapon set is mainly to give you variety in a fight. If you need to range, switch to hammer. If you need to burst, switch to swords. If you need clear some conditions and get away from your enemy, switch to staff.

It’s all about giving you options not turning you into every other class. The uniqueness of Revenant was always Legend Swapping. Adding weapon swap doesn’t take away anything because you still have a unique mechanic that no other class has.

in Revenant

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

See, the thing that these people who are against weapon swapping fail to understand is that you DON’T have to swap weapons. Think of Thief. You can really just stay in one weaponset as a Thief for the entire day without having to swap to a second weapon set. The second weapon set is mainly to give you variety in a fight. If you need to range, switch to hammer. If you need to burst, switch to swords. If you need clear some conditions and get away from your enemy, switch to staff.

It’s all about giving you options not turning you into every other class. The uniqueness of Revenant was always Legend Swapping. Adding weapon swap doesn’t take away anything because you still have a unique mechanic that no other class has.

That does kind of contradict everyone who was saying that Revenants NEED weapon swap. If the class can truly function without ever swapping weapons, then the ability to weapon swap wasn’t a necessary one.

Personally, I didn’t think ArenaNet needed to add weapon swapping to the Revenant. But they did, and I agree that doing so didn’t take anything away from the profession; I certainly don’t feel like they have to take it away again, either.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I disagree actually. Just because you don’t have to swap weapons doesn’t mean that you don’t need weapon swap. As I said, Thieves don’t have to swap weapons until it’s necessary. See that player running away after you backstabbed him, pull out your shortbow and finish him off at range. Similarly with Revenant, having the option for range is necessary considering that unlike Ele’s or Engineers, we don’t have kits or conjured weapons to give us the range we need. And that’s just talking about range.

Say now that you are getting bursted and happen to mainly use staff or are running a Sword/Axe condi set, you can now switch to an Off-hand sword set and block the incoming damage which you would not have been able to do beforehand because Revenant utilities don’t give you, once again, kits that grant you tons of options for defense such as blinds or blocks or invuln skills like the Ele.

You don’t HAVE to swap weapons like I said but you NEED weapon swap for certain situations because our utilities are so restricted.

in Revenant

Posted by: HarbingerAzrael.5691

HarbingerAzrael.5691

Well we can all stop kittening about it and try it out for ourselve next weekend

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

cut.

There is literally 2 people complaining and giving restrictive alternatives for whatever reason. Don’t worry, they won’t listen to them (also because there would be >9000 asking for weaponswap again, as they already did)

Also you are under the assumption that Revenant got weaponswap (only) because we asked for it. Roy said multiple times that they already had the build with weaponswap ready. They just wanted to receive feedback to be sure.
Guess what happened next.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

cut.

Don’t worry, they won’t listen to them (also because there would be >9000 asking for weaponswap again, as they already did)

Source?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

This forum, Reddit, Twitch.
There were far more people and threads asking for a way to weaponswap after the first beta then the only guy (lighter) who is asking for weaponswap removal now. Reason being basically simmetry (1 class for each armor type with no weaponswap), that is bullkitten.
Literally every thread with suggestion on how to fix revenant had “please add weaponswap, engi and ele are different” or “having 2 legends and 1 weapon set makes no sense”. Plus threads dedicated to this matter.
Literally every user on Twitch exploded with joy whan weaponswap was annunced, plus threads here with thanks.

Of course “>9000” is a meme, but I’m pretty sure that people in favor of weaponswap are far more then 2.

Also I think Roy has a brain, and he added weaponswap because he noticed himself that it was useful.

(edited by Kidel.2057)