Are you a Revenant "Prepper"?

in Revenant

Posted by: Manarain.7940

Manarain.7940

I do want to craft another legendary before HoT though, but not sure which.

Why don’t you just wait until the new legendaries come out? I’m holding off on making Bolt for this exact reason.

But other than that I’m totally ready!

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I just got my first precurser drop in over 3 years (been playing since day 1) and so have the ability to make The Moot right now. Unfortunately I just don’t know if that legendary will look right on my “Dark Knight” sylvari Revenant I’ve planned.

1st world problems I suppose…

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeroth.7046

Zeroth.7046

For now I have full Berserker and Sinister sets (Berserker has an exo helm but I have a Raider Helm chest somewhere in my bank, just too lazy to get it in case I decide to use it for something else). Runes I’m currently holding are Aristocracy on Sinister set and I’m deciding between Strength or Scholar for the zerker (probably Strength due to the synergy with Glint/Sword 3).

Sigils are Malice+Bursting on Sinister Maxe+Axe and Force on zerker sword, with energy on sword OH and Axe will probably be Strength (for Share Empowerment synergy), along with Force+Strength on Hammer and Staff.

Right now I’m just trying to get an ascended Spear so I can get full ascended everything, but Fractals haven’t been too nice :P

Oh, not pictured: My insta-lv80 stuff

Attachments:

(edited by Zeroth.7046)

in Revenant

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

No I am not talking about Doomsday Preppers with their bunkers and canned food stockpiled. I am talking about something more important. HOT Prepping.

As the release date grows closer I have been getting more focused on trying to prep my Rev. From getting gear ready, leveling tomes, runes, sigils, weapons, etc. I even dedicated a area in my bank for Ascended items that will be yanked from my poor Guardian and Warrior to be used for my new and shiny Rev.

On top of playing with Builds on websites, reading over forums posts and waiting for the next beta to try things out, what have you been doing to “prep” for your Rev?

I got 3 char slots, more than enough tomes to level up 3 new chars to 80, and enough crafting mats and laurels and guild tokens to fully gear 3 characters.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

I can’t bear this waiting! Since 3 years i haven’t really loved a gw2 class, engineer beeing my favorite but lack of something.. Revenant is definitly what i want and love (ritualist theme back !). It’s horrible to have to wait for 23 october. I was expecting maybe a elite spec outclass the revenant in my mind but no, revenant still definitly my main and still 23 october i’m booooooooored in the game. But i’m not preparing anything for him. I want to level up slowly, taking time to know better the class and complete map, like the real main i never have.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I can’t bear this waiting! Since 3 years i haven’t really loved a gw2 class, engineer beeing my favorite but lack of something.. Revenant is definitly what i want and love (ritualist theme back !). It’s horrible to have to wait for 23 october. I was expecting maybe a elite spec outclass the revenant in my mind but no, revenant still definitly my main and still 23 october i’m booooooooored in the game. But i’m not preparing anything for him. I want to level up slowly, taking time to know better the class and complete map, like the real main i never have.

Good to hear such enthusiasm..i’ll insta 80 him but i’ll take him everywhere ;-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Good to hear such enthusiasm..i’ll insta 80 him but i’ll take him everywhere ;-)

Thanks mate! Well i just have bought T3 heavy cultural charr and shadow abyss dye with mushroom. I already have reserved the name: Khorg Bloodymist and make his history: blood legion (i already have a charr from ashes and one from iron), ferocity, gladium father, maverick. And i’m working on his background for join a Roleplay guild. Oh yeah i have buy a makeover kit too. But that’s all. I really want to take the time with the revenant coz i really like the class, it is the class i’ve been waiting since 3 years.

PS: For the legions!

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I have all of my tomes ready, but I still need to get a set of gear that works well. I wonder how many investments will be ruined if/when berserker falls from favor.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Revenant

Posted by: Suoma.7693

Suoma.7693

Got ascended weapons & armor ready, sadly I don’t have enough tomes to go all the way to 80.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeroth.7046

Zeroth.7046

I have all of my tomes ready, but I still need to get a set of gear that works well. I wonder how many investments will be ruined if/when berserker falls from favor.

Even in a scenario where Nomad gear becomes “meta” for HoT content, Berserker gear will still be perfectly valid for current game content, so it’s hardly something that can be ruined.

in Revenant

Posted by: Yubria.5671

Yubria.5671

I just got my first precurser drop in over 3 years (been playing since day 1) and so have the ability to make The Moot right now. Unfortunately I just don’t know if that legendary will look right on my “Dark Knight” sylvari Revenant I’ve planned.

1st world problems I suppose…

Do it anyways.

I’ve had a full set of Carapace armor since a little after announcement (I got it purely for the Revenant) and a growing stack of Tomes waiting. Now that I’m done getting Mawdrey for my main, it’s back to prepping for the Revenant!

in Revenant

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

I have my tomes and most of my gear (can’t decide on the runes I want to use), but I’m still not sure if I want to have my Rev. be an altered version of my main (Guardian) or a brand new character. I guess I’ll make him a human regardless.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

I have all the things! Yet… I need more, because revenant.

I have 2.5 ascended sets ready. I have all the ascended weapons I plan to use ready. I also have materials saved for making more jic.

I have food, runes, and sigils stockpiled.

I have nearly 3 full stacks of tomes.

I have vacation time set.

I have been farming like crazy in preparation for making a legendary weapon… finally after nearly 3 years of playing. (was not lucky enough to ever see a precurser so gave up)

I have been watching every video, making videos, watching the updates on traits/skills/ balances ect, making builds, and just REALLY REALLY REALLY want it to be Oct 23rd already.

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Ellsy.6780

I have my tomes and most of my gear (can’t decide on the runes I want to use), but I’m still not sure if I want to have my Rev. be an altered version of my main (Guardian) or a brand new character. I guess I’ll make him a human regardless.

We think alike : ) I’ve actually decided though. As guardian(my current main and love) is heading in a direction that is not as enjoyable for me as a revenant, I have saved a name for my character to become basically my guardian revived (Elscia → Êlscia).

Although… I’m quite the nerd and went as far to make a YouTube video saying goodbye to my guardian as my main and showing a death scene then my revenant “emerging” from it…. I’m really excited lol.

Born Villain [CAIN]

in Revenant

Ellsy.6780

My revenant is soooo ready! Got lvl 30 scroll, tomes, ascended sets, bags, infinite harvesting, food/utility buffs, etc. I do want to craft another legendary before HoT though, but not sure which.

If you don’t have Bi-Frost (or hopefully w.e a possible new and awesome staff legendary will be) make it! Cause Roy…. the staff as a weapon and everything about it is absolutely AAAAMAZING!

Born Villain [CAIN]

in Revenant

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

I’m actually the opposite. I sold all my crafting mats from my storage on the TP. I thought I would start fresh with HoT and my revenant.

Crazy or not, I’m “ready” for this expansion!

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Got ascended weapons & armor ready, sadly I don’t have enough tomes to go all the way to 80.

You can gain some levels from crafting, and you can prep by getting the materials ready for your reverent to Craft come release.

Cooking is the cheapest, and even cheaper if you buy some ingredients from heart vendors throughout the world using a little karma.

Pop a crafting booster and you are all set, plus you can use some of the items you created for yourself or sell them.

From cheapest to most expensive in this order: Cooking, Artificing, and Jewelcrafting

Example, cooking: http://gw2crafts.net/cooking_karma_fast.html

The crafting professions that have materials used in Ascended crafting are expensive, like Iron, silk, linen, wool, soft wood etc.

This will help fill the gap where you lack some tomes

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

You can gain some levels from crafting, and you can prep by getting the materials ready for your reverent to Craft come release.

Cooking is the cheapest, and even cheaper if you buy some ingredients from heart vendors throughout the world using a little karma.

Pop a crafting booster and you are all set, plus you can use some of the items you created for yourself or sell them.

From cheapest to most expensive in this order: Cooking, Artificing, and Jewelcrafting

Example, cooking: http://gw2crafts.net/cooking_karma_fast.html

The crafting professions that have materials used in Ascended crafting are expensive, like Iron, silk, linen, wool, soft wood etc.

This will help fill the gap where you lack some tomes

^ This is good advice, but to maximise this try the following:

Note you need a couple of boosters (most type work e.g. armour, regeneration, magic find etc), ideally 4 though unless you’re quick. Ignore this if you have a heroic booster because you can use just that.

1. Convert the 4 boosters @ merchants near the tp in home cities (I use the one in the grove). He will exchange other boosters for specially packed ones for 10s + the booster.

2. Go to gw2crafts.net and get the ingredients for Cooking 1-400 and Jeweller 1-400 (you actually will only need about 85% of these if you have the boosters).

3. Pop 2 boosters (you get to choose what buff you want), choose crafting for one, exp as the other.

4. Follow the guide, you will find you need 10-20% less items to hit the levels than they say because of the crafting booster. As such, STOP when you hit the needed level.

The Boosters only last 20 minutes so you will only be able to get 1-400 for one craft easily. You ‘may’ be able to level the second, but it will be tight.

5. Repeat this for 1-400 for the other craft. (Use second set of boosters if needed)

1-400 per craft nets 7 levels. The 50% exp bonus adds another 3.5levels. In total, this will net you 21 levels for roughly 9g. If you also levelled artificer you could gain 31.5 levels. Between a scroll of knowledge (ideally level 30), dailies and login rewards, even if you started today, you could have a L80 Rev in <1 hour come Oct 23rd.

(edited by Terra.8571)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Also always craft on a Thursday Evening or Friday before WvW reset. If the game releases on 10/23 and you can in the morning/afternoon before WvW server reset you usually have a few stacks of “Artisan” which which give you a huge boost towards crafting crits on top of the Booster.

Personally however I am waiting to see if the crafting XP contributes towards Masteries or not.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

So, what stats did you end up going with?

Not sure yet, still deciding, I have sword, shield, warhorn, and pistol right now.

Actually, I meant what stats for your Revy, not what Legendary weapon.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’ve gone further now. I already have a full set of exotic berserker gear and weapons with scholar runes, and ascended rings/amulet.

I had the cash, so I figured why not.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

Level 30 scroll, 50 tomes, full ascended set of Knight’s armor, 2 Zerker, 2 celestial, 2 soldiers trinkets (also have a couple rabid+dire and a couple clerics and a few random others). Soldiers ascended hammer, 2 soldiers acended swords, 18 transmutation charges, sigils set (air/purity, fire/purity, runes selected for now (Melandru for WvW roaming).

2245 attack, 2167 toughness, 3438 armor, 19,222 HP, 38% crit chance (boosts to 78% in combat/fury), 185% crit damage.

This is pending no crazy changes to my build. I haven’t checked with the new patch yet. My build was very fun during BWE2. Shiro mobility and in your face style with Herald and ranged damage with hammer/buffs.

25 days to go!

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

25 days to go!

waiting is unbearable

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

25 days to go!

waiting is unbearable

Seriously! It’s like watching the clock at work.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

25 days to go!

waiting is unbearable

Seriously! I have to get back to work U.U

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

25 days to go!

waiting is unbearable

I hate to wish life away, but that clock sure does move slow doesn’kitten

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

25 days to go!

waiting is unbearable

Don’t stare at watch, don’t stare at watch

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

25 days to go!

waiting is unbearable

Don’t stare at watch, don’t stare at watch

Does staring at the calendar and hoping it’ll suddenly change to Oct 23 count?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

You guys are awesome.

Got a full set of Devona’s (exotic Berserker w Strength Runes) now. I’m up to 65 tomes and will have a few more by the 23rd. I’ve got berserkyrie amulet and accessories ready to go and the fractal relics to buy the rings.

I’ve got one Arah weapon box for a hammer and 300 shards of Zhaitan for a sword. And just yesterday, I bought my first precursor, The Chosen.

I don’t have an outfit totally planned out, but I have picked up some armor skins recently that I hope to put to use, with a bit of a dragon-inspired theme.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i have everything ready months ago, im going with firy/jormag sword instead of Blade of the Sunless and that’s blasthemy, i craved for it a year + on the preview it looked wonderfull and in game its not

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

see, it sux i wanted it for years! (1.5+-)

Attachments:

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Hmm. I think it looks cool! I’ve been trying to get that skin for awhile and all I get is a spoon…..

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

welp, looks like with the “raids will require ascended gear” bomb just dropped,looks like I’m going to need to switch priorities.

I WAS planning on getting celestial gear and slowly upgrading it to ascended, but now it seems like I’ll have to just skip straight to ascended as soon as I start, and blow a bunch of gold on leveling my armorcrafting to 500 and on damask, because screw getting ANOTHER 30 quartz.

stupid daily limit on quartz…

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

From the same ppl who said that guild challenges were giing to be impossible. Honestly with the class disparity I don’t think that 5% better gear matters. Also exo vs ascended is less then 1 dodge/miss away.

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

From the same ppl who said that guild challenges were giing to be impossible. Honestly with the class disparity I don’t think that 5% better gear matters. Also exo vs ascended is less then 1 dodge/miss away.

it’s not the raid bosses I’m worried about, it’s the community.

a dev says “should”, a raid leader hears “must”

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Roy, Roy you make me want to cry with what you do to my ranger. You secretly want me to switch to revenant don’t you? Because I do love my revenant….

Meh, I need to level up my armorsmithing really quick. I have all the mats to make the ascended armor for my rev, but I don’t actually have my crafting for heavy armor leveled. lol. I basically bought up all the mats to make weapons and armor. I’m not making it yet though I’m still deciding on what course to take….most likely shiro/glint but I have to test things out during the BWE.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I got a full exotic Sinister armor set, spear, mace, axe, and two swords… and two earrings. Have all the tomes and a scroll set aside, copper-fed salvage-o-matic, watchwork pick.
Need to get something more mist-esque for harvesting and lumbering. Also need to get sigils and runes… tormenter runes are $$$

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

(edited by Pompeia.5483)

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

Are you bringing up the issue of what it looks in preview than actual? I noticed the preview box is a darker contrast so you can see particle effects. However I noticed your brightness and contrast of your game might be a bit high, drowning out the effect. have you played with the video settings or try gemfx/sweetfx?

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Are you bringing up the issue of what it looks in preview than actual? I noticed the preview box is a darker contrast so you can see particle effects. However I noticed your brightness and contrast of your game might be a bit high, drowning out the effect. have you played with the video settings or try gemfx/sweetfx?

actually go directly with reshade, if doing shader injections. WoodenPotatoes has a video about it ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5i5-2X4wMA

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

I have almost everything ready for my herald revenant. Just need the weapons (trying too hard for ascended gear)

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

This past weekend helped me prep big time. I had all my prepping gear put in my bank tabs and copied it over to beta. Once I got all my gear and bought all my Ascended rings and infusions I found out I am short Laurels for a extra set of tanking gear! Looks like I will be hitting those daily log in and fill the gaps with exotic for the time being. Or pray for a ring drop with the stats I want.

I also found out I have more than enough transmutations to deck out every character I play!

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

This past weekend helped me prep big time. I had all my prepping gear put in my bank tabs and copied it over to beta. Once I got all my gear and bought all my Ascended rings and infusions I found out I am short Laurels for a extra set of tanking gear! Looks like I will be hitting those daily log in and fill the gaps with exotic for the time being. Or pray for a ring drop with the stats I want.

I also found out I have more than enough transmutations to deck out every character I play!

Now to play that waiting game…. ToT

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I am getting tantalizingly close to finishing Flameseeker Prophecies…

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I am torn on what armor to go with. After watching the raid boss being killed it seems we are going to be stuck with using Zerker gear again. I was hoping that I could run the Valkyrie armor/weapons with Zerker/Valkyrie trinkets/rings.

Should I just get all Zerker and assume that will be what we need to complete the fights?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

All I need is World Completion for mine which I plan to do on my Revenant while grinding Pact Tyria.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

All I need is World Completion for mine which I plan to do on my Revenant while grinding Pact Tyria.

Awesome! All I have left is some T6 mats.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

Mine’s been ready since they announced the Herald.

Attachments:

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Revenant

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

Tomes of Knowledge? Check

Ascended Armor? Check
Ascended Trinkets? Check
Ascended Sword? Check
Ascended Axe? Check
Ascended Hammer? Check
Ascended Staff? Check
Ascended Shield? Check
Ascended Harpoon? Check
Ascended Backpiece? Check
Full Bag Complement? Check

Sigils and Runs? Check
Agony Infusions? Check
Infused Upgrade? Check

Foefire’s Power? Check
Eidolon? Check
Fractal Axe? Check
Fractal Spear? Check
Fractal Sword? Nope.

I really do wish they’d give us the Eternal Blade Sword skin from the living story episode. :\

(edited by Elan.7523)

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Fractal Sword? Nope.

cough dropped yesterday cough

anyway fear not, with hot you will be able to buy it right away. Save those pristines! ^ _ ^

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I collected a set of torment runes and torment sigils for my mallyx build. Beyond that, haven’t done much yet. I figure I’ll go snag his armor soon, but I haven’t decided what stats I want for him.

I know I want precision and condition damage, with condi being the high one IF POSSIBLE. The thing is, I’m considering either Sinister or Rabid, power vs toughness. I’m leaning towards the Rabid as I don’t like having full offensive gear, but I haven’t decided yet, hence one reason why I haven’t fetched his armor yet.