Are you a Revenant "Prepper"?

in Revenant

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

Fractal Sword? Nope.

cough dropped yesterday cough

anyway fear not, with hot you will be able to buy it right away. Save those pristines! ^ _ ^

Yep yep. Sitting on quite a few to redeem. Been F50 for a while now (not counting back before Fractured Update, where I was maximum FLevel at the time then too, before that roll back. -_- ) That sword skin will be mine!

in Revenant

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

I’m so ready I don’t even want to play anything else during the wait-time!

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

(edited by Agriope.4523)

in Revenant

Posted by: ShinNakon.9085

ShinNakon.9085

I think I am over prepped meow. About 2 months ago I had enough materials to make 1 set of ascended armor and 3 weapons. Now I am at a point where I have enough materials to make 2 sets of armor and 8 weapons. Only downside is out of waiting for revenant I started running fractals again and well I have gotten enough ascended chest drops to sell back 2/3 maybe more by the time HoT hits on the tradepost.

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I am torn on what armor to go with. After watching the raid boss being killed it seems we are going to be stuck with using Zerker gear again. I was hoping that I could run the Valkyrie armor/weapons with Zerker/Valkyrie trinkets/rings.

Should I just get all Zerker and assume that will be what we need to complete the fights?

I would not allow a single beta weekend raid boss, which will can only be done once a week influence how you deck out your character. I would identify what you will be doing mostly in game be is Dungreons, pvp, wvw etc and what role you would like to fill.

Personally I am sticking to Valk armor, runes of rage, with Zerk weapons and jewelry. I rolled Shiro and Herald and got a ton of support, dps, boons. I did sword/shield and staff for a solid dps self sufficient character who can take hits and dish them back in the front line.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Oh , hell yeah full ascended : armor , back , amulets , accessories , infused rings , Valkyrie hammer , 2 Berserker swords with Blade of Sunless or Fractal sword skins depending on the mood , using Entropy for the hammer ( IMO underated ) , full set of hoelbrak runes , rage sigils – I’d say I’m pretty prepped

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Oh , hell yeah full ascended : armor , back , amulets , accessories , infused rings , Valkyrie hammer , 2 Berserker swords with Blade of Sunless or Fractal sword skins depending on the mood , using Entropy for the hammer ( IMO underated ) , full set of hoelbrak runes , rage sigils – I’d say I’m pretty prepped

Entropy is bloody cool!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I am torn on what armor to go with. After watching the raid boss being killed it seems we are going to be stuck with using Zerker gear again. I was hoping that I could run the Valkyrie armor/weapons with Zerker/Valkyrie trinkets/rings.

Should I just get all Zerker and assume that will be what we need to complete the fights?

I would not allow a single beta weekend raid boss, which will can only be done once a week influence how you deck out your character. I would identify what you will be doing mostly in game be is Dungreons, pvp, wvw etc and what role you would like to fill.

Personally I am sticking to Valk armor, runes of rage, with Zerk weapons and jewelry. I rolled Shiro and Herald and got a ton of support, dps, boons. I did sword/shield and staff for a solid dps self sufficient character who can take hits and dish them back in the front line.

Thanks it is reassuring that you are going the Valkyrie route as well. It does seem to fit very well with the Rev, although I ended up going sword/axe and hammer. I think with the axe I loved the skill 4, and found myself using it very often. Then the hammer I just liked having the ranged option for when I am kiting a bit.

in Revenant

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Phoenix Hammer is the biggest hammer if you’re looking at something else.

in Revenant

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Wow. So many people will have nothing to aim for within one hour of creating their new alt. Create rev..max level it, max gear it…have nothing to do.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eearslya.6309

Eearslya.6309

Wow. So many people will have nothing to aim for within one hour of creating their new alt. Create rev..max level it, max gear it…have nothing to do.

Well, y’know, except..Masteries, raids, the entire expansion’s worth of content…

Blackgate
Harbinger Tryssa – Revenant

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Well, y’know, except..Masteries, raids, the entire expansion’s worth of content…

Exactly…levelling a character is something we have dine so many times…we want new adventures with our new main

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

2 Ascended zerker sets, one with hoelbrak runes (WvW) and one with strength runes (PvE). All the ascended trinkets/rings/amulets I could want. Bolt x2, Juggernaut, Kamohoali’I Kotaki. Instant 80 with + 30 and a bunch of tomes.

My Reaper will be getting a similar treatment, but is already 80 with one ascended set and enough damask for a second.

I will main Revenant and Reaper.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

in Revenant

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I want to prep so badly but I just cannot make a decision on PvE build

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I want to prep so badly but I just cannot make a decision on PvE build

Same, waiting for the last round of changes

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Quells.2498

I just couldn’t find a build that felt efficient. Glint is so great that I didn’t see much reason to ever swap out of it. Staff and Hammer are pretty fun to use. Wanted to do Glint/Ventari and be an ideal tank.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I just couldn’t find a build that felt efficient. Glint is so great that I didn’t see much reason to ever swap out of it. Staff and Hammer are pretty fun to use. Wanted to do Glint/Ventari and be an ideal tank.

Many great possibilities and almost all are pretty balanced. If ventari and/or mallyx get some good improvement i’ll have hard time finding a build.
Guess will be better to have 2/3 in the inventory xD

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Glint is so great that I didn’t see much reason to ever swap out of it. Staff and Hammer are pretty fun to use. Wanted to do Glint/Ventari and be an ideal tank.

Nothing wrong with camping Glint, IMO. It’s what I plan to do. I see no reason why you can’t stay there most of time and switch to Ventari when you need missile destruction or some extra healing.

You don’t have to swap constantly to be efficient as a Rev, IMO, unless you are using Shiro.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Quells.2498

Fair point, I suspect I’ll go staff/hammer then but no idea on armor/weapon stats.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaihlan.2361

Kaihlan.2361

I haven’t played the rev in the beta. But it sounds really sweet and I will level 1 to 80 instantly. However I am not sure which gear or build to go for. The skills on sword /shield, and mace/axe look really nice. I probably will go for a condi build, but I am not sure which statts to pick. Any advice, how squishy is the rev?

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I haven’t played the rev in the beta. But it sounds really sweet and I will level 1 to 80 instantly. However I am not sure which gear or build to go for. The skills on sword /shield, and mace/axe look really nice. I probably will go for a condi build, but I am not sure which statts to pick. Any advice, how squishy is the rev?

rev is squishy as much as you want it to be. It has many options to be very tanky like with glint, many evads / block, dmg reduction skills. I up to you and your playstile.
Condi should be fixed after this BWE3 (were a bit underwhelming but we lacked some traits Roy talked about).
I think condi rev will be more useful in PvP, so i’d stick to a power oriented build for PvE. Something between zerk, knight, sold, valk, up to you liking.
But since you haven’t tried him, i’d suggest to give a good try in pvp first, then you can decide for yourself

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Revenant is relativly squishy and weak to conditions. Herald, in other hand is tanky like a guardian and can deal with a lot amount on conditions on him. In a nutshell, revenant is fine, herald is op.

in Revenant

Posted by: Tolfast.6289

Tolfast.6289

Got my legendary hammer crafted last night. First legendary after 3 years and it is sitting waiting for my Rev :-)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaihlan.2361

Kaihlan.2361

Thank you for the answers. I think that I will first give him a try before I invest too much into gear. Will aim for the looks for the time being.

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Most people eager for revenant have probably thoroughly familiarised themselves with it through the BWE, so they don’t need their hand held through seventy-nine levels of New Player Experience. Plus, the faster you hit 80, the sooner that character starts contributing to masteries.

And because of the way downscaling works, you need to have at least level 80 gear to avoid getting nasty surprises even in low-level zones.

Personally, I plan on deploying a third birthday scroll, clearing out the fractional experience scrolls from dailies (those have been made so difficult to actually use nowadays without a low-level character), then tome the rest of the way. I also have enough stuff saved up to get a revenant at least decently equipped.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Most people eager for revenant have probably thoroughly familiarised themselves with it through the BWE, so they don’t need their hand held through seventy-nine levels of New Player Experience. Plus, the faster you hit 80, the sooner that character starts contributing to masteries.

And because of the way downscaling works, you need to have at least level 80 gear to avoid getting nasty surprises even in low-level zones.

Personally, I plan on deploying a third birthday scroll, clearing out the fractional experience scrolls from dailies (those have been made so difficult to actually use nowadays without a low-level character), then tome the rest of the way. I also have enough stuff saved up to get a revenant at least decently equipped.

This, plus there are tons of things to do with lvl 80 toons. I have 9 lvl 80 toons and frankly it isn’t very rewarding after the 2nd one (unless you just like that sort of thing), especially after the NPE (though that has been made better I’m told).

I’ll be max leveling him in a few minutes then equipping him so I can get to the fun of HoT content, WvW, Map Completion (downscaling keeps it interesting), Guild Missions, Misc. Guild Events, etc. etc. etc..

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Well, I had quite the stroke of luck today. I’ve been saving up ascended mats and planning to make my first ascended weapons, meaning I need to somehow finish training weaponsmithing while simultaneously finishing my first legendary and getting my guild bank made before the expansion. I’d been debating whether I should try and make a sword first, to go with Flameseeker Prophecies or make a hammer first.

Went to do my daily Teq run at reset today, which was pretty fun. There were three of us covering N hills and boat, so we had our hands full. Got through the fight and got my first non-ring ascended drop, a weapon chest.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Tomes of Knowledge? Check

Ascended Armor? Check
Ascended Trinkets? Check
Ascended Sword? Check
Ascended Axe? Check
Ascended Hammer? Check
Ascended Staff? Check
Ascended Shield? Check
Ascended Harpoon? Check
Ascended Backpiece? Check
Full Bag Complement? Check

Sigils and Runs? Check
Agony Infusions? Check
Infused Upgrade? Check

Foefire’s Power? Check
Eidolon? Check
Fractal Axe? Check
Fractal Spear? Check
Fractal Sword? Nope.

I really do wish they’d give us the Eternal Blade Sword skin from the living story episode. :\

I’m going to rip my Warrior’s gears directly and attach them on my new Revenant

I do need to make Ascended shield and axe though :/

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Ascended zerker armor: check
Ascended trinkets: check
Ascended sword: check
Legendary axe: check
Ascended staff: check
Ascended hammer: (I have an unopened asc weapon box just in case)
Ascended shield: (I have an unopened asc weapon box just in case)
Scrolls and tomes to make 10 level 80’s if needed: check
Name saved: check (Sir Belzebu just like my GW1 main)
Runes and Sigils: still not sure which I’ll use but I have gold to buy any so … check

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Ascended gear is such a pain in the butt to make, but with raids balanced around them, I guess I’m going to have to start making them

in Revenant

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Ascended Armor? Check
Ascended Trinkets? Check
Ascended Sword? Check
Ascended Axe? Check
Ascended Hammer? Check
Ascended Staff? Check
Ascended Shield? Check
Ascended Harpoon? Check

Sigils and Runs? Check
Agony Infusions? Check
Infused Upgrade? Check

Foefire’s Power? Check
Eidolon? Check
Fractal Axe? Check
Fractal Spear? Check
Fractal Sword? Nope.

I really do wish they’d give us the Eternal Blade Sword skin from the living story episode. :\

All my Guardian gear is going directly to the rev, won’t even need to change sigils. Gonna be awesome

(edited by Hunter.4783)

in Revenant

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

Ascended Armor? Check
Ascended Trinkets? Check
Ascended Sword? Check
Ascended Axe? Check
Ascended Hammer? Check
Ascended Staff? Check
Ascended Shield? Check
Ascended Harpoon? Check

Sigils and Runs? Check
Agony Infusions? Check
Infused Upgrade? Check

Foefire’s Power? Check
Eidolon? Check
Fractal Axe? Check
Fractal Spear? Check
Fractal Sword? Nope.

All my Guardian gear is going directly to the rev, won’t even need to change sigils. Gonna be awesome

Quoteception starting here. XD I actually had to craft all new ascended gear for mine, as I had no prior heavy class aside from a JP chest opener warrior. Got lucky with FoTM with a free set of pants, chest, and sword. With changes to FoTM, it might potentially be worth running to entice lady luck for some free ascended gear for your missing weapons.

Only missing an ascended Mace and a second ascended Sword (which given I dislike sword OH anyways, might not get). Don’t currently have the armor to support a condi build that the Mace syncs with, however, so that’s a low priority.

Scary how much net worth my Revenant has even before its creation, though. Full ascended armor, most ascended weapons, plus some seriously expensive skins unlocked – including Jormag’s Breath just in case the fractal sword doesn’t fit enough. Oh boy!

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

so what kind of hammer stats wise should one craft if it’s going to be used by both my revenant and scrapper? Cavalier? Zerker? or even Soldier’s?

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

so what kind of hammer stats wise should one craft if it’s going to be used by both my revenant and scrapper? Cavalier? Zerker? or even Soldier’s?

Scrapper and revenant Hammer skills from what I seen are very damage focused, so I would lean Zerker.

Also I love the Halloween Dragon Axe that is comming out. Perfect for the Glint Revenant theme and a must have for me!

in Revenant

Posted by: Sir Pizza.8342

Sir Pizza.8342

I, eh, haven’t really prepped for anything tbh.
I think I’m just going to wait until the x-pac hits and screw around leveling him together with my 4 other level 30 proffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Scary how much net worth my Revenant has even before its creation, though. Full ascended armor, most ascended weapons, plus some seriously expensive skins unlocked – including Jormag’s Breath just in case the fractal sword doesn’t fit enough. Oh boy!

Yeah, right? After Warrior, Elementalist and Engineer he is the class I spent most gold on, and I haven’t played him yet. lol
I’m very excited for this new profession.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

I have enough CoF tokens to buy her full Exotic gear, and I have about 45 Tomes to help with the levelling but apart from that I’m not that prepared sadly.

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

Here is what I have so far. I have yet to do any final crafting so I have stuff everywhere.

My plan is to craft Verata Ascended to save some laurels and flip it over to a power set, likely Valk/Zerk. ZerkerAscended hammer, sword, staff, nomad shield and armor for a tanking set. Not sure on runes. Cleric set of armor for healing build, trying to have lots of raid ready gear to fill many roles. I have over 450 laurels to buy any jewelry I need plus 3 chests I can pop if I want Laurels or legendary mats.

Exp boosts and food exp boosts galore.

Also have Sinister to go condi, also can’t leave home without a Tequatl mini :P

Attachments:

(edited by Linfang.1087)

in Revenant

Posted by: Edds.7681

Edds.7681

Here is what I have so far. I have yet to do any final crafting so I have stuff everywhere.

My plan is to craft Verata Ascended to save some laurels and flip it over to a power set, likely Valk/Zerk. ZerkerAscended hammer, sword, staff, nomad shield and armor for a tanking set. Not sure on runes. Cleric set of armor for healing build, trying to have lots of raid ready gear to fill many roles. I have over 450 laurels to buy any jewelry I need plus 3 chests I can pop if I want Laurels or legendary mats.

Exp boosts and food exp boosts galore.

Also have Sinister to go condi, also can’t leave home without a Tequatl mini :P

you could convert those Fine XP boosters into Rare XP boosters ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience_Booster ) by talking to the black lion armor npcs. they sell dust to convert boosters into choose your own booster. which allows you to select the Rare XP booster

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

Don’t worry, even if you level up revenant normally they will stay lot of them. Revenant is really going to be ultra played first months, moreover it was the most op class in BW3 (well sorry not revenant, Herald) and people tend to want to play OP classes so you probably will be seeing them everywhere and in high numbers.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Don’t worry, even if you level up revenant normally they will stay lot of them. Revenant is really going to be ultra played first months, moreover it was the most op class in BW3 (well sorry not revenant, Herald) and people tend to want to play OP classes so you probably will be seeing them everywhere and in high numbers.

reaper and chrono are currently more powerful broski

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

reaper and chrono are currently more powerful broski

I’m really don’t sure of that. I was eating alive chronomancer and reapers with herald, but maybe there was bad ones it’s possible too. Chronomancer, in fact, is so squishy that with Herald or scrapper you are gonna to eat them if you play correctly (not pro like). The current thing is that Herald is really strong and his energy management a child game making it really easy to play and have incredible versatility of this with, near, non efforts (support, dps, tank with blind, glint heal, protection..). Actually Chronomancer, and mesmer in general, are really squishy and a more skilled oriented class. Reaper in other hand was nice but when using shroud he becoming a killing machine. I really think Herald beat that two. We are gonna see with HOT but we need to know that there are changes incomming for all elite specs in general. I think with those elite pvp team they want to promote it’s in they interest to make pvp balanced.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

One day to go!

Got all my armor and weapons ready. My plan is to make my rev later in the day and get some of the reports from the field with info especially skill points after maxing level 80. I have my character slot and name reserved and not going to switch any stats on my ascended until many people test after going live and see what potential their is for a damage/support meta build. Since my weekend is busy I might spend my main with pact tyria mastery and do Halloween. My aim is the dragon axe for my Rev.

Are you ready?

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Finished crafting Flameseeker Prophecies, full ascended armor, full trinkets, Zerker ascended aammer and sword.

Just twiddling my thumbs now.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que