Astralaria or Nevermore which do i need most?

in Revenant

Posted by: Signor Leone.2369

Signor Leone.2369

Q:

Hi! so i got bored again with the game and just like before i fight boredom with making a long term project, i decided to make another legendary weapon it’ll be my last legendary since i already have 3, the hammer, sword and shield. The problem is i cant decide which to make, i am choosing between the astralaria or the staff, i need your opinion since this will be my last and i have to choose carefully, i still don’t know which of these two will be more useful to me i mostly do pve sometimes pvp and also planing to do raids in the future, i need your advice!

thanks in advance!

in Revenant

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

I really like Nevermore but I really think that Astralaria fits the rev much more. Is the one that I am making myself. I think they both are useful but I find myself using the offhand much more than the staff.

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

Alright so I made both Nevermore and Astralaria and Nevermore bias aside, Astralaria really isn’t that fun of a legendary for Revenants as of this moment. It changes the trail of Frigit Blitz but in turn is barely noticeable. The sound it plays when you draw it is cool but too quiet to hear when there is any other noise going on. You don’t see the flashy effect on your character if you draw it because it’s in your offhand. The trail effect you won’t see much because, once again, for us it’s an offhand weapon.

I really do like Astralaria and I don’t regret making the axe. But for Revenants specifically it’s just not that fun of a legendary. Just do keep in mind that you don’t use your staff all that often either so have a good think about how you decide to spend your map currencies and materials. And there is always the chance Astralaria will be updated in the future.

For what it’s worth, as a legendary collector with a pretty sizable collection, Nevermore is my 2nd favorite in the entire game next to Incinerator. The staff looks gorgeous, the effects are amazing, the sounds when you draw and stow your weapon are fantastic and so forth. I also feel the weapon really fits Revenants considering you have a spirit crow sitting on the branch who infuses itself with the weapon when you draw it.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Revenant

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Imo Nevermore is not a melee staff though, but more a caster staff. Thus I’d argue that Astralaria is better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I actually themed my character around Nevermore, she’s a Norn that follows Raven etc. However, if I will actually ever get the staff is a less certain topic, but I’m slowly working on it. Hope to have it one day.

Nice to hear about the info you’ve found about skill changes. Chances are they can still add to them given these were just the first three new.