[BWE1] Revenant Feedback/Suggestions

in Revenant

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

This class has alot of potential, and the changes to add Weapon Swap, Legend Swap being instant, Shiro etc is helping it get to that sweet-spot.

FYI I’m talking from a WvW/vs. Player PoV, not PvE – frankly I have no feedback to give regarding that mode so I won’t.

BUT there’s a few things missing, mainly 2(maybe 4) things that I can point out right now.

1) Energy Management – this is always something you have to get used to managing, and finding a good rotation around your Energy up-keeps is something we all have to find eventually; like Thieves and their initiative. But unlike Thieves, and esp. now that we have a Weapon Swap – EVERYTHING we do practically costs Energy. This is a huge problem. Not only that, but we have Energy costs ON TOP OF Cooldowns to manage, which makes for alot of potential Sustain fighting with the added Burst a nightmare.

My Workaround: What I ended up doing is keeping to one Weapons Set and only swaping if I REALLY needed to, and I mean in dire situations.

SOLUTION: as being currently discussed here, either have our Utilities consume Energy, or our Weapon Skills… but not both. Increase the CD’s of those not using Energy if you think a change like that could make the Class OP if you will, and we’ll test it out for you and we can see how it works, but I really think this would be a decent solution to my Energy problem.

2) Shiro DPS – so far I found this to be slightly weak right now, esp. Sword3. IDK if it’s just me, although a Guild member of mine did echo the same thing – but I feel like there’s some DPS missing when using Sword. Maybe this has something to do with managing the Energy system where at times you find yourself in a situation where you can’t use certain skills because you’re out of Energy, but I think either the Sword or Traits need to be looked at more regarding it’s DPS. To give you an idea of what I mean: in terms of DPS/Burst classes, that can also sustain fights too… there are better classes out there that can simply do that alot better so why bother picking a Revenant for a Burst DPS build atm?

While I’m on the subject of Shiro, there are 2 other points I feel weakens this class, using a Build surrounding Shiro… though the first one could be mitigated if the Damage was boosted on Sword (or even a complete change of Skill); 1) the Heal skill, 2) a lack of independent Retreat:

• 1. The Heal skill seems weak, but I think mainly because of what I talked about before regarding both the Energy and Damage on Sword/Shiro… so it would seem like I’m not stealing much Health back.
  • 2. Again, speaking from a WvW/vs. Player perspective, our Teleport’s are targeted, and we only have a stun-break backwards Evade. It’s hard for me to use this Legend currently in a situation going hard as a mofo in fights, deep behind enemy positions, get a burst going and retreat safely away without blowing some major Energy usage omw. Mesmers, Thieves, Warriors even without Stealth can also achieve this… Shiro Rev’s atm no so much. To give you an idea, it’s like Playing an Assassin Champ in LoL, WITHOUT Flash. But ofc this leads me to my final Revenant point…

3. Locked Utilities – I’m fine with locking Utilities if you want to go down that route with this Class, but do you have to deny choices in our Utilities BECAUSE we are currently on a certain Legend? On top of that, each Legend has no multiple options for Utilities so we’re forced to using the same three… and our Opponents will know EXACTLY what we have on our skill-bar if they just see our Legend icon. I mean I can look at other Classes and frankly have no idea what skills they have exactly, With Rev, you know not only the skills, but also the Traits too – all because things seemed tied to each other, so there seems to be little room for diversity. Like I said, IDM the locked Utilities to the Legend you’re currently on, but a few options of Utility choices would be awesome. Weapons also seemed to be tied heavily to Legends but not as much, and with the recent changes to the other weapons before Shiro, it’s slowly breaking away from that Trend.

I had more to talk about, but I forgot some things while writing this down, but I’ll keep adding my feedback to this Thread as and when it comes up.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

in Revenant

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

Posted this on Reddit to what others think of this so far, but would love to get other ppl’s view on my feedback here as well. Do you guys agree with what I said, or disagree? If there’s anything else that’s vital then also do let me know, I really want ANet to read this and, appreciate any comments from the Devs. regarding this too. Thanks.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU