BWE2 shiro/glint marauder spvp revenant video

in Revenant

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

Ever since BWE2 I have been fiending to play Revenant again. I decided to go highlight a game and upload it to youtube. I hope this can help hold back your cravings too mates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPRKaMTJDSA

Build used is in the videos description but I will also link it here: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFSdG74HtBYBRwegL8hA-TpBFABPcIAEvMABnAga2fYhjAAAPAAA

in Revenant

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

You have really bad posture.

Hoelbrek may be the way to go with solo queue.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Revenant

Posted by: Livmused.6271

Livmused.6271

Why would you use Ferocious Strikes with Sword/Shield? Isn’t that only for dual wielding?

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Lyssa runes for yoloQing. You don’t use F2 as often as you could be as well as Jade winds Phant, but otherwise pretty solid game-play. I preferred to use Invocation over Retrib and it enables me to not have to run pack runes.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Why would you use Ferocious Strikes with Sword/Shield? Isn’t that only for dual wielding?

Sword/Shield is a dual wield and activates Ferocious Strikes

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Sitting like that isn’t going to do your back any good.

Also how low is your monitor? O_o

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

Lol are you guys really commenting on his posture? Who cares?

in Revenant

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Someone who cares about the health of others…

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We don’t want one of players representing game’s pvp to look like Gollum in the future

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Rune of the pack is pretty much useless with Glint existing. Try Hoelbrak

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Nice video man.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Nice video man.

Roy Cronacher the most friendly dev ever!

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Looks good, man. I’m a fan of Invocation over Retribution. I ran Glint/Shiro sw/axe hammer during BWE2. Not sure how it’ll hold up once people learn to play against rev, but I preferred it to other setups. I also think Hardening Persistence is miles better than Radiant Revival. It’s nice to see that quite a few different builds are popping up for Rev after that weekend, so that’ll at the least be refreshing.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Revenant

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Swap on sword and click skill *3 wait 10 sec and click skill *3 again -> enemy down.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in Revenant

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Nice video man.

Please fix this before release…. https://youtu.be/xPRKaMTJDSA?t=4m20s At 4:21 Revenant uses Shiro utility to teleport through walls… He using his 8th ability or his F key 2 times. One teleports him to the wall, second teleports him up into the clocktower without any visible path… Is this supposed to work this way cause “walking through the mist” ???

Could you imagine doing this into WvW keeps / towers??

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Nice video man.

Please fix this before release…. https://youtu.be/xPRKaMTJDSA?t=4m20s At 4:21 Revenant uses Shiro utility to teleport through walls… He using his 8th ability or his F key 2 times. One teleports him to the wall, second teleports him up into the clocktower without any visible path… Is this supposed to work this way cause “walking through the mist” ???

Well guardians, thieves, mesmers do it all the time now..let us have this power too :P

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Nice video man.

It has the same functionality as other shadowstep skills such as Signet of Infiltration on thief.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Otaur.9268

Nice video man.

Well guardians, thieves, mesmers do it all the time now..let us have this power too :P

Those 3 classes also have Path checks I believe… Just like Elementalists Lightning Flash…

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Nice video man.

Those 3 classes also have Path checks I believe… Just like Elementalists Lightning Flash…

Thief has Steal and Infiltrator’s Signet, Guards have Judge’s Intervention and Mesmer can Blink through the Khylo floors and walls just as easily.
This isn’t unique to Revenant.

in Revenant

Otaur.9268

Nice video man.

It has the same functionality as other shadowstep skills such as Signet of Infiltration on thief.

As long as it doesn’t go through keep walls, then all is good!

in Revenant

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Keep in mind this was the beginning of the second day of playing Revenant. By the end of the weekend I was playing much more efficiently than this.

Tweak the build to your liking, I know I was tweaking it all weekend long and expect to more during BWE3.

in Revenant

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Keep in mind this was the beginning of the second day of playing Revenant. By the end of the weekend I was playing much more efficiently than this.

Tweak the build to your liking, I know I was tweaking it all weekend long and expect to more during BWE3.

So you planning on maining Rev over Ele come HoT? I certainly am thinking about it with how extremely underwhelming Tempest is and how new and exciting the Rev feels.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Nice video man.

Path checks mostly don’t apply in sPvP. If you can manage to get a reticule somewhere and the reticule is green, you can usually teleport to it, unlike PvE or WvW. If you’ve got a ‘teleport to enemy’ skill, then as long as you have the enemy targeted and in range, you can get to them. This makes it very useful to call targets if you have mediguardians, thieves, or Shiro revenants on your team and on their way to help you out.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I’m surprised people still don’t know how teleports work in this game.

Generally, if you can get to a place without jumping or falling down and it’s in range, the teleport will work. Otherwise it will either fail outright or teleport you to the spot where you’d need to move along the Y axis to cross it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Nice video man.

You do not understand..it means it GOES through wall, like many other skills already in other classes. This is not rev specific but game engine level. When/if they’ll gix this every skill with this behaviour will be adjusted. Nothing to be desperate on

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

A lot of people seem to be missing a great build choice. I think that Crystal Shield grandmaster is meh. If you’re running Ret (and I think you should) then use Enhanced Bulwark. It has a 1 sec ICD and works off your gain Stab on dodge trait (no ICD), and it gives a longer lasting stack. It means whenever you dodge you’ll get a 2 3/4 second stack and a 5 3/4 second stack. You even have amazing endurance regen to trigger it with Enduring Recovery and Vigorous Persistence. Control becomes a total non-issue.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Nice video man.

You’re lucky to get a clear teleport on flat ground in wvw, terrain there is so buggy. I can promise you 100% this will not break into keeps….

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Revenant

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

You should try the hammer more. It has nice damage, and is much better compared to staff.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.