Back to Revving

Back to Revving

in Revenant

Posted by: MisterG.3657

MisterG.3657

Hello fellow Revs and not,
latetly I’ve wanted to go back playing my Rev and gear him for T3/T4 fractals.
Let’s say this right away:
- I’ve checked both Metabattle and QTFY to get some insights. I know they have to be considered as generic guidelines or very specific advice for organized groups and do not reflect every single enjoyable gameplay.-

That said there is one thing that is constantly repeated like a mantra in forums and is not clear to me though.

Rev HAS TO BE berserker to DPS.
Why? I am probably missing something here, but with the numerous way for us to get fury (and all the fury produced by the party) we will be critting 100% of the time thanks to ‘Roiling Mist’. What is the reasoning behind choosing berserker over valkyrie? More survivability is always better than useless precision…

Moreover Scholar Runes can have a bigger benefit if the health is around 27k because of more uptime.

Probably there is something that I clearly don’t see, care to explain please?

Back to Revving

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Hello fellow Revs and not,
latetly I’ve wanted to go back playing my Rev and gear him for T3/T4 fractals.
Let’s say this right away:
- I’ve checked both Metabattle and QTFY to get some insights. I know they have to be considered as generic guidelines or very specific advice for organized groups and do not reflect every single enjoyable gameplay.-

That said there is one thing that is constantly repeated like a mantra in forums and is not clear to me though.

Rev HAS TO BE berserker to DPS.
Why? I am probably missing something here, but with the numerous way for us to get fury (and all the fury produced by the party) we will be critting 100% of the time thanks to ‘Roiling Mist’. What is the reasoning behind choosing berserker over valkyrie? More survivability is always better than useless precision…

Moreover Scholar Runes can have a bigger benefit if the health is around 27k because of more uptime.

Probably there is something that I clearly don’t see, care to explain please?

Depending on your access to buffs like spotter and banner of discipline you can use a bit of valkyrie gear and still hit the 100% crit cap, which is technically a bit more optimal. The difference it makes one way or the other is pretty minimal though, so generally just best to stick to full berserker’s for when you don’t have access to those extra buffs.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Back to Revving

in Revenant

MisterG.3657

But if you have the “Roiling Mist” grandmaster trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roiling_Mists , as soon as you have fury (using a healing skill, Glint Facet of Darkness, or any other class in the group that provides fury) you will hit the 100% crit cap, even without spotter or banner of discipline.

A rev can hit 100% crit chance just by running Facet of Darkness without any precision at all. This becomes better when other in the party are providing fury.

Edit: typos

Back to Revving

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

But if you have the “Roiling Mist” grandmaster trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roiling_Mists , as soon as you have fury (using a healing skill, Glint Facet of Darkness, or any other class in the group that provides fury) you will hit the 100% crit cap, even without spotter or banner of discipline.

A rev can hit 100% crit chance just by running Facet of Darkness without any precision at all. This becomes better when other in the party are providing fury.

Edit: typos

Normally fury gives +20% crit chance, with that trait, the effectiveness of fury is doubled so fury gives +40% crit chance instead. You also get about 5% baseline crit chance (don’t remember exact number but it is close to 5) so you still have 55% to get from precision and other modifiers before you are at crit cap. Full berserker armor + roiling mists boosted fury comes up a bit shy of crit cap without some additional sources of crit chance.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Back to Revving

in Revenant

MisterG.3657

Oh ok.
Totally my bad.
This is what happens when you are trying to discuss about important matters when at work (don’t do it kids).

I was reading the skill as Fury is usually 20% crit chance but with Roiling Mist is 100%. Instead is 100% increase, and obviously I didn’t see the note at the bottom.

Yeah, absolutely it makes sense to have zerk now. Thanks for the clarification and patience

Back to Revving

in Revenant

Posted by: Its Nerfing Time.1495

Its Nerfing Time.1495

Rev does not need to zerk to be DPS – it can be Condi and even received some Condi buffs in the latest patch.

Back to Revving

in Revenant

MisterG.3657

True. But that statement opens a can of worms about “viable” and “meta” and “popular opinion” that I don’t want to really get into :P

Let’s just say that condi rev has been very un-popular up to these latest changes but that now has the opportunity to become more popular. =)

Back to Revving

in Revenant

Posted by: Its Nerfing Time.1495

Its Nerfing Time.1495

True. But that statement opens a can of worms about “viable” and “meta” and “popular opinion” that I don’t want to really get into :P

Let’s just say that condi rev has been very un-popular up to these latest changes but that now has the opportunity to become more popular. =)

Nah ignore the “meta” and “popular opinion” statements, go with what you want and try new things.

Back to Revving

in Revenant

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I’ve been having loads of fun in T4 fractals with the condi-rev changes. Very, very optimistic about the future of the class.