Balance on glint

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I didn’t really see any major topics on this which is generally a good thing. But thought I’d make a topic to see all your thoughts on glint as a whole.

Other then shield 5 breakbar being too weak I really don’t think tweaking needs done.

Traits > I thought these all tied in pretty darn good with revenant. I had options for each each tier I could actually use.

Utility skills > I found them to be balanced nicely between upkeep and usefulness. Being able to just double tap one for active was nice for facet of strength. Cooldowns. Seemed fair as well for them.

Heal > nice when used at the right time in pve, could really jump into action. In pvp it was hit or miss, fighting a player who knew what they were doing could cause the heal to be a waste, but could be effective.

Elite > will be great for raids and dungeons with constant protection, however can’t use other skills with it. The active was nice in SW to push back mobs at times. Hope it will be nice in HoT maps.

I think Roy did a great job with glint and this elite specizalation. Finally a heavy armor class that can use a shield other then just for situational times in pvp. But Roy please fix that breakbar.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Exactly Glint is kinda perfect now, just needs a couple og bug fixes and something different on shield#5.
Overall extremely satisfied

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I honestly think Glint is too strong. Having no energy consumption even on actives is just not right imo. There needs to be some. Energy is never an issue with glint, and I dont think that sits well with the rest of how the class works. You should be punished if you dont manage your energy well with Revenant and with Glint this never happens. The heal is also too strong, it needs either a better tell or a cast time.
I also seem to be the only who dislikes the Herald traits. No matter what build I make if I take herald I always end up using the same traits. Something’s really off here. Shield also isn’t great, at all.

TL;DR: Glint is TOO strong. Herald and shield, not so much.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

You should be punished if you dont manage your energy well with Revenant and with Glint this never happens. The heal is also too strong, it needs either a better tell or a cast time.

It’s quite easy to use up all your energy regen (or even more) using facets, necessitating limited skill use to keep from running out. I would argue there is far more energy management with Glint. There simply aren’t any powers that can use 50 all at once, so you would typically have more time to realize you were starting to get low, but that doesn’t mean there is no management. Of course, if you use skills sparingly (as I tend to do), you will never have problems, but shouldn’t that be the case? But turn on a couple of facets and you could run yourself dry in no time with a weapon like staff if you wanted to. For me, Revenant isn’t about spamming skills.

The heal should definitely have a better tell, and I think that will be one of the changes we will hear about soon.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

I honestly think Glint is too strong. Having no energy consumption even on actives is just not right imo. There needs to be some. Energy is never an issue with glint, and I dont think that sits well with the rest of how the class works. You should be punished if you dont manage your energy well with Revenant and with Glint this never happens. The heal is also too strong, it needs either a better tell or a cast time.
I also seem to be the only who dislikes the Herald traits. No matter what build I make if I take herald I always end up using the same traits. Something’s really off here. Shield also isn’t great, at all.

excuse me do you play Warrior? if not then allow me to educate you about an extremely worthless heal called Defiant stance. Defiant stance is just like infused light except it is a hated and UN used ability generally regarded as the worst warrior heal especially in pvp. why? well because defiant stance has a cast time and as a result is almost totally impractical to use. its a stance that’s for some ungodly reason is made vulnerable to interrupts by having a cast time. the tell on the skill alone makes it EXTREMELY EASY to counter and once its up just stop attacking and watch the warrior flounder helplessly with out a heal. so no Infused light does not need a cast time that would literally ruin the skill.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I understand where you may be coming from with the energy. 2 energy for example on 20 stacks of vulnerability, or 1 for the elemental blast. In pvp however each one is pretty avoidable and works nice in pve as glint has no real aoe damage attacks. That is why they have the cooldowns, and also the sacrifice of losing the passive effects.

For an example.
Other classes have have signets that grant 180 power. Which equals 6 stacks worth of might. So glint for an example having facet of strength going equals what other classes have going without sacrificing anything at all. So why should glints active take 2 hits on our energy while other classes don’t when they use the sigs?

Shield 4 can actually be amazing for a small heal if needed, or protection on team before a big hit happens

Shield 5. Great concept behind I think, but the breakbar was bugged for sure with soft cc’s I think. Once shield 5 gets fixed it will be useable I think.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

excuse me do you play Warrior? if not then allow me to educate you about an extremely worthless heal called Defiant stance. Defiant stance is just like infused light except it is a hated and UN used ability generally regarded as the worst warrior heal especially in pvp. why? well because defiant stance has a cast time and as a result is almost totally impractical to use. its a stance that’s for some ungodly reason is made vulnerable to interrupts by having a cast time. the tell on the skill alone makes it EXTREMELY EASY to counter and once its up just stop attacking and watch the warrior flounder helplessly with out a heal. so no Infused light does not need a cast time that would literally ruin the skill.

The problem with warriors is not that their heals are bad, it’s that healing signet is, pretty much as the rest of the class, as brainless as it can be. Ugh, please dont compare revenants to warriors.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

You know, on paper I thought Herald was going to be “set and forget”. And you could do that, but you won’t be coming close to reaching the potential. When I played in BWE2 I did a lot more toggling things off and on than I anticipated, but it was fun and even though I was still figuring it all out, not overwhelming.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

The whole elite spec is great except for the “ultimate” parts oddly enough.

Shield 5 is terrible.
Herald GM traits aren’t very good.
Glint elite active is underwhelming.

The elite spec overall is great, I don’t think the things it lacks ruin it by any means. I just think the core of the spec is so good that the “best” parts of it don’t really stand out.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

I’d like Shield 4 to do at least a tiiiiiny bit of damage. Y’know, so I feel like I can just toss it out there. I wanna press buttons, man.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Shield 4 could afford to either have an increase in protection duration or transfer conditions/give resistance.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Shield 4 does need an increase in the protection duration.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The Elite active was AWFUL. I got hit by it in one of my fights, and I was like, “Lol, that was like a worse version of Updraft.” After learning what it looked like, I don’t think I could ever get hit by that unless I had no choice.
Shield 5 simply made the Revenant last a few more seconds, because I didn’t want to waste my cc at that point. I don’t think any Revenant would’ve willingly used Soothing Bastion and get forced to use this skill.
Looking at the other two grandmaster traits, I’m left wondering, what justified them being grandmasters?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The Elite active was AWFUL. I got hit by it in one of my fights, and I was like, “Lol, that was like a worse version of Updraft.” After learning what it looked like, I don’t think I could ever get hit by that unless I had no choice.
Shield 5 simply made the Revenant last a few more seconds, because I didn’t want to waste my cc at that point. I don’t think any Revenant would’ve willingly used Soothing Bastion and get forced to use this skill.
Looking at the other two grandmaster traits, I’m left wondering, what justified them being grandmasters?

Enhanced bulwark is strong but only if you run Jalis or retribution. The stack of stability it adds lasts longer than the ones those skills/traits give and can be boosted by f2. It’s great for stomps and generally having high stab uptime.

The damage modifier trait is just the ele arcane GM bountiful power. It’s boring, but it’s not a terrible trait for a boon spam class.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

The actives do NOT need an energy cost. They have a CD for that very reason. If you aren’t using energy in Glint then you aren’t using enough Facet’s or any Weapon Skills.

Balance on glint

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

If you’re up keeping in pvp you’re doing it wrong