Been Gone: What have been Changes to Rev?

in Revenant

Posted by: Star.8401

Star.8401

Been gone for a few months. What changes have come to the Revenant class?

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Based on forums the sky is falling….. a bit mostly they brought a lot of Rev Skills and traits to act like identical skills and traits that other classes have, hopefully once the dust settles Anet focuses on bug fixes for you Rev mains and re-evaluate the Rev trait lines/Skills. You aren’t in a bad position but it’s not faceroll like it was for the first 6 months after launch. Power Rev is being forced more than anything.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

They nerfed the stability from Unwavering Avoidance so now condi Herald is useless at every part of the game. Power Herald with Glint/Shiro and Devastation, Invocation and Herlad traitlines is the only “viable” build. Hammer is useless.

But they nerfed Phase Traversal (energy cost rised from 20 to 35) and Enchanted Daggers (you lose the heal stacks if your attacks miss), so in order to play power Herald you must play perfect: you have no stab, almost no condi cleansing, your heals are crap, and you can be poked to death at range if you miss your burst.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

They nerfed the stability from Unwavering Avoidance so now condi Herald is useless at every part of the game. Power Herald with Glint/Shiro and Devastation, Invocation and Herlad traitlines is the only “viable” build. Hammer is useless.

But they nerfed Phase Traversal (energy cost rised from 20 to 35) and Enchanted Daggers (you lose the heal stacks if your attacks miss), so in order to play power Herald you must play perfect: you have no stab, almost no condi cleansing, your heals are crap, and you can be poked to death at range if you miss your burst.

New Condi Meta is Corruption/Invocation/Herald with Malyx and Glint.

in Revenant

Buran.3796

New Condi Meta is Corruption/Invocation/Herald with Malyx and Glint.

There’s no new condi meta, condi never was meta (well, was before the nerfs in the beta of HoT).

Glint Mallyx was decent (but subpar) for roaming but had a slot in small scrims due stacking Guardians + Glint Mallyx Heralds was ultra strong; I saw guilds as Visceral Effect facerrolling teams before the pacth with this composition.

After the patch Retribution is useless, and in solo play/roaming condi Herald is extremely weak; Invocation gives you an extra condi cleanse and stunbreack each 10 seconds, which is crap vs condi builds, vs ranged builds and vs builds with strong cc (soft or hard).

There’s only power Herald + Dev + Inv, which is almost suicidal (demands probably the best skill in the game) and is utterly useless in large groups.

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

I play my condi rev like a thief now, which is to +one in fights and gank.

front line rev is dead, ignore what anyone says, our only form of reliable stab is from jalis which uses far too much energy leaving you open, +jalis lacks mobality which means you need to take shiro to compensate which is really a poor combination as you cant stack upkeep toughness with the herald trait line, front line condi is a big no no, to play condi you must use mallyx and the corruption trait line to maximise resistance boon, mallyx has poor mobality and uses too much energy, this means you cant take jalis because jalis also has poor mobality, which means you have to take shiro, so you are running to the front of the battle with no stab good luck.

zerk back line hammer rev is stupid as 2 taps on the shoulder from a thief will wipe you out, and if they failed on the first 2 attacks their cc will keep you in place to make sure they can finish the job

power rev is laughable, lack of condi clear means you have to drop dps siglis to compensate, and as i said before you must use jalis which lacks mobality,

also jalis is the second lowest dps legend so being forced to use him means you have to take a cut in dps.

the hole class is a mess with nothing gelling.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

how Hammer useless now?

in Revenant

Buran.3796

how Hammer useless now?

Well, for PvE purposes, its damage is way lower that the sword.

For WvW raid/large teams, his main tool (Coalescence of Ruin) was double-nerfed: the cd was raised from 2 to 4 seconds and if a CoR hits a player no other CoR cand damage the same guy in the next second, so you can’t focus and stack area damage with this skill anymore (not in the way as wells from necros, in example). Also, albeit not as bugged as mace #2, still sometimes does no damage if there’s a slant in the floor or a marginal obstacle in any part of the AoE.

Phase Smash and Drop the Hammer are utter useles in duels/roaming/PvP. They have amongst the slowest cast (1.25 and 1.75 secs respectively) and most predictable animations in the whole game. If anyone hits you whith them in 1 vs 1 then probably is time to change to another game. Mail chess or something less frantic. The auto attack animation is also very slow (I mean, mace is 0.25, sword and staff 0.5; hammer is 1!!!) and lacks any kind of condition damage, so you can’t barely pressure foes with him. Is speacially atrocious vs players with stealth, because between the cast and the fly of the bolt it takes so much time without delivering the damage that sometimes the target goes out of range or gets stealth again before you can do much.

Field of the Mist is it’s only good tool, but doesn’t save the day. So, the only reason I see in the current hammer status to wield this weapon could be something like this: you’re playing alone a very dangerous foe (a particulary vicious champion, or something else) and you need to poke Him at range. There’s better classes to perform such task at range, and anyway seems a very punctual issue. So Rev’s hammer = no use.

(edited by Buran.3796)

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Hammer while under Impossible Odds was a good tactic for me in sPvP.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Hammer while under Impossible Odds was a good tactic for me in sPvP.

Spamming the AA under quickness doesn’t change the fact that the weapon is terrible just because it hurts to be hit with.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve done this to cheeky thieves that try to run after getting hit with something nasty and it tends to catch them off guard, but if they turned around, then that hammer has nothing to help keep them from running right back to me.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

how Hammer useless now?

Well, for PvE purposes, its damage is way lower that the sword.

For WvW raid/large teams, his main tool (Coalescence of Ruin) was double-nerfed

Hammer is still doing fine in WvW blobs if you dont go backline, you need a melee build with Jalis and Glint. CoR is still one of the few skills which do high damage on 1200 range but not being a projectile, it can hit through every reflections. With a bit timing you can cast Jalis Elite to be up for your group 50% of the time.

And PvE wise: sword was always the high dps weapon, and hammer the ranged lower dps for lazy times.

Problem at the moment are constant nerfs but no actual important bug fixes, just smaller unimportant ones. UA is still bugged, same like precision strike. Staff5 still only draining one time with shiro daggers.