Behavior of Axe 4

Behavior of Axe 4

in Revenant

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

A couple things about axe 4 (Frigid Blitz) feel odd, and I’m wondering if it’s just me.

I can’t figure out why you teleport and end up landing past your target, facing towards the camera. Is there some mechanical/gameplay reason for overstepping your target? And then having to rotate the camera around to get behind my character again feels clunky.

What’s the rationale for those two behaviors? They just feel “off” to me, like it’s not quite firing correctly: sort of like the warrior’s greatsword dash that doesn’t always connect.

Behavior of Axe 4

in Revenant

Posted by: Pandiano.8536

Pandiano.8536

I personally like that detail.

My guess regarding the cause:
The skill chills every enemy it passes through. So in order to to that it flies past the target and then lets you teleport to the projectile as the hit is confirmed.
The camera angle would be too confusing if it would rotate around due to terrain and stuff.

Behavior of Axe 4

in Revenant

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I like Axe 4 putting us just past our target, allows me to follow up with a Sword 2 + 3 easily, love this flow of this class.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Behavior of Axe 4

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

You slice through your target.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Behavior of Axe 4

in Revenant

Posted by: Nimarrodd.7823

Nimarrodd.7823

Actually jives really well with Assassin’s Annihilation trait, depending on facing.

Behavior of Axe 4

in Revenant

Posted by: Seod.7924

Seod.7924

Yup, i like it the way it is.
I usually do Axe 4, quick 180 of the camera followed by axe 5 + mace 2 or sword 3.

Behavior of Axe 4

in Revenant

Posted by: God Eater.1948

God Eater.1948

Yeah, its always made perfect sense to me.
Throw axe
Axe goes through target all misty-like
You teleport behind them like a mist ninja
Profit.

Then I follow up with Sword 3, sometimes 2.