Best weapons for ascended boxes

in Revenant

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

So, I have 4 ascended boxes, and I’d love to use them on my revenant. I do everything in the game (Pve, WvW, pvp, Will be doing raids)

I was thinking:
Sword (Since its used in PvE for almost all content)
Shield (Defensive, can be used instead of axe, although a slight DPS decrease from axe from what i’ve read)
Staff (break bar, condi cleanse for wvw zergs if im ranged)
Hammer because its defacto ranged and will be useful at some time.

I am leaning away from:
2nd sword: Block seems about the same as the shield, but shield has better protection/healing. Pull doesnt seem that useful in Pve, and is inconsistent.

Axe: Optimal damage rotation because it provides part of a breakbar, but how important is this? Its part of the condi set, and thats not nearly as good as their raw damage through power.

Mace: Only really need this for blasts, or maybe niche roaming for fun.

Any opinons/advice on this would be appreciated

in Revenant

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I’d consider Axe over Shield as you will probably get more general use out of it. (Shield is for situations that you can’t handle with Axe OH.) Personally, I would just plan on getting all ascended weapons and use the boxes to make the most expensive ascended gear.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

At very minimum you want a Hammer

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Love your choices as is.

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Do you have 500 weaponsmith? If not go with staff. You can craft the rest but leveling artificing to 500 is a lot of money.

Otherwise I would go between Sword or Hammer first.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

the only weapon outside weaponsmith is the staff, so i guess is a good candidate.
I’d say then hammer since 2h weps are more expensive to craft.
Sword is a must.

Off hand up to you but just remember you can collect an ascended shield with herald collection (Glint Bastion).

Also on this route I’d consider making Bo (daredevil) and Fix-R-Upper(scrapper) form collections if you fancy and then just get sword, sword, mace, axe.
I’m doing this latter case

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Good choices.

Getting staff means you don’t have to level a trade skill just for that (if this is an issue).

I might switch the shield to an axe, since shield offhand is not needed in open world (axe 4 is nice for movement, axe 5 for grouping of enemys). Also having a rare shield and sword for offhand use is fine for now if you do need the block.

Some people will disagree, but I think going hammer on the off weaponset is useful. It helps with taging, has decent breakbar damage, an invul skill on 3 and let’s you range stuff when melee gets to crazy. Definately useful in open world.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)