Bring back the old Mallyx

in Revenant

Posted by: Hiki.9310

Hiki.9310

The one that was designed to get stronger with each condition applied to him.

The one whose skills were conditional and meaningful.

The one that didn’t have the mace auto attack as an elite upkeep skill.

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” – Mallyx

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

already 8 threads on this subject.

in Revenant

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Need moar, “BRING BACK OLD MALLYX” threads!

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

the old mallyx had some flaws however.
UA was bugged or simply too strong, mainly in pvp, and also condi cleanse basically makes mallyx useless in group play.

The new changes are in the right direction. If it’s weak then it will be buffed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

There will be as many thread as it hurts…unyielding anguish had to change this is sure…
Well let’s try it out but i want back my EtD q_q

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

No thanks, I like the new mallyx.

in Revenant

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

It’s objectively worse than the old version.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

No thanks, I like the new mallyx.

how on earth can you like the crippled elite?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

He probably doesn’t play revenant and now that Mallyx can’t fight back against conditions is loving the idea of steamrolling us.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Mallyx was the underdog that nobody took because they were blinded by shiro’s “coolness”, but I absolutely loved it, never left my bar. I always though Shiro was plain and boring. If they dont revert the mallyx elite change, now it’s gonna deserve its underdog position as it’s literally the worst legend of them all. Embrace the Darkness’ condi copying made it worth trading shiro off, now you’re better off spamming autos with quickness than taking the condi legend, how stupid is that

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Mallyx was the underdog that nobody took because they were blinded by shiro’s “coolness”, but I absolutely loved it, never left my bar. I always though Shiro was plain and boring. If they dont revert the mallyx elite change, now it’s gonna deserve its underdog position as it’s literally the worst legend of them all. Embrace the Darkness’ condi copying made it worth trading shiro off, now you’re better off spamming autos with quickness than taking the condi legend, how stupid is that

yeah look, LOOK HOW IT IS COOL, AND SCARY, AND FABULOUS. No more :-(

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

yeah look, LOOK HOW IT IS COOL, AND SCARY, AND FABULOUS. No more :-(

EXACTLY
I BOUGHT THE TORMENTED HAMMER JUST FOR THIS
It’s literaly my favorite skill/animation in the game.
Well…was.

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

He probably doesn’t play revenant and now that Mallyx can’t fight back against conditions is loving the idea of steamrolling us.

I did play revenant, a lot, actually. And conditions are a joke in mallyx as long as you take demonic defiance. The elite consumed too much energy to really be useful anyways, I felt, and unyielding anguish was simply a skill to troll people with but never actually put out enough pressure. Now UA is a great skill, especially against d/d eles. Sure the condi copying nerf did hurt a bit but mallyx is still very strong against conditions because of the crazy amounts of resistance it can apply.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

The elite consumed too much energy to really be useful anyways

think now how much is good without the condi copypasterino XD

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: ChrisG.1703

ChrisG.1703

I did play revenant, a lot, actually. And conditions are a joke in mallyx as long as you take demonic defiance. The elite consumed too much energy to really be useful anyways, I felt, and unyielding anguish was simply a skill to troll people with but never actually put out enough pressure. Now UA is a great skill, especially against d/d eles. Sure the condi copying nerf did hurt a bit but mallyx is still very strong against conditions because of the crazy amounts of resistance it can apply.

It wasn’t just to troll people it was great for preventing stomps on teammates while reviving them as well as landing clutch decaps in PvP.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Something tells me you didn’t or at least didn’t use Mallyx cause this legend was amazing. You could chain pain absorption and embrace the darkness for an expencive but secure stomp. It could totally counter entangle and a shoutbow or even a d/d ele with all the conditions and boon ripping which was so satisfying.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Something tells me you didn’t or at least didn’t use Mallyx cause this legend was amazing. You could chain pain absorption and embrace the darkness for an expencive but secure stomp. It could totally counter entangle and a shoutbow or even a d/d ele with all the conditions and boon ripping which was so satisfying.

Entangle counter was ridiculously funny.
Please hold me, I cannot contain my tears anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

totally agreed, posted on this on several other topics:

- It has clear strengths in certain sitatuations but clear weaknesses in others.
- The synergy between pain absorption, the resistance trait and the elite was great, but also allowed strong counterplay by boonstripping and spiking the rev after pain absorption was used.
- The Elite allowed pain absorption to both have a defensive, but also offensive aspect to it, which is now removed, making it purely defensive, so less versatile, less fun and simply easier to use.

You took great synergies and interactions and versatility and dumbed it down and pushed it again in a direction where everything is simply an all-rounder. This creates very stale gameplay and a rigid and boring metagame.