Brutal Blade nerf

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Dante.3780

Dante.3780

Come on Roy, after BWE3 you said that you feel that “Revenant is in healthy place”

I know Brutal Blade was causing some strange behavior and people didn’t like it in general, so it had to go or be changed. But this change hit Revs AA pretty hard and reduces his damage and vulnerability output in PvE environment pretty hard. Also it doesn’t synergize with Temporal Rift anymore.

Can we get increased damage on other skills autoattack change to compensate it?
10% per strike and an extra 2 stacks of vuln on Brutal Blade would do it

Cheers

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I didn’t notice any dps loss.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

The rev is already fine, so stop want an extra mega overcheated profession.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

I’m sorry you feel this way, but rev is kinda in old ranger’s spot, he doesnt excel at anything i feel.
In BWE3 he was great melee dps class with decent support through Assassins presence. Since he doesnt have acces to other unique party-wide dmg modificators, i’d say some damage should back him up
edit: even in bew3 he was nowhere close to sinister engi so….

(edited by Dante.3780)

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

LOL. Nothing changed, its same damage as it was.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

except half of the dmg and vuln from second attack from aa chain. it used to send projectile and deal dmg on way there and back

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Thermaltron.6829

Thermaltron.6829

Besides the nerf to damage, the AA chain is now dull and generic. I hope there is a plan to do something to improve this cookie cutter auto attack.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

Yeah, in betas sword/axe had that great flavorful synergy, i’m kinda sad that its currently undertuned – neither offhand has interesting syngery with mainhand sword

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Uhm….no. Roy only changed the functionality, but the DPS remains the same. The blade used to apply ONE stack of vuln and 50 % of the damage going out and ONE stack of vuln and the other 50% of the damage coming back. What Roy did was just Put the 2 vulns and the 2 50%’s together into one swipe.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Uhm….no. Roy only changed the functionality, but the DPS remains the same. The blade used to apply ONE stack of vuln and 50 % of the damage going out and ONE stack of vuln and the other 50% of the damage coming back. What Roy did was just Put the 2 vulns and the 2 50%’s together into one swipe.

^

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

According to still outdated wiki article it used to apply 2 stacks of vuln, making it 4 in total.

Also, judging from numbers i get autoattacking, damage was definitely not doubled; here’s screenshot i made for describing (fixed) bug, the one with lingering upkeep effects

Short description what we’re seeing:
I’ve just used 3rd skill in aa chain, it hit for 1359
A bit faded there’s 2533 from 2nd aa skill – Brutal Blade. It doesn’t hit anywhere near 5k now, so its damage was not compensated

Sorry friend, i do not now how did you get your informations but get your facts straight

EDIT: also, i am taking into the account that i do not have acces to herald traits yet
EDIT2: just tested, bb hits for ~2k in pvp golem, that’d line up nicely for my theory, on screed i had +8%dmg from herald

Attachments:

(edited by Dante.3780)

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

You are wrong Dante. It was 2 stacks total. One on an outgoing projectile and one on projectile return. It was never 4 total. Also dmg total remains the same. It simply was combined from two smaller hits into a bigger one.

There’s nothing to argue here really. That’s my personal experience, Roy himself and a lot of other players.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

Okay man, i really am going to feel bad if it turns out that im wrong, but you cannot argue with the numbers. I’ve just shown and analyzed you a screenshot and provided info from wiki page updated 8th of August

I also checked my theory in Heart of the Mists, both for damage and for vuln
You used to do up to 18 stack of vuln just from autoattacking without vuln or attack speed modifying runes/sigils and 25 stacks on impossible odds

I dare you, prove me wrong cause i wish i am

I just think it is an oversight and should be fixed

(edited by Dante.3780)

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Okay man, i really am going to feel bad if it turns out that im wrong, but you cannot argue with the numbers. I’ve just shown and analyzed you a screenshot and provided info from wiki page updated 8th of August

I also checked my theory in Heart of the Mists, both for damage and for vuln
You used to do up to 18 stack of vuln just from autoattacking without vuln or attack speed modifying runes/sigils and 25 stacks on impossible odds

I dare you, prove me wrong cause i wish i am

I just think it is an oversight and should be fixed

I initially thought it wasnt going to be as good, looking at the updated skill effect, but I realized that each hit of the original projectile did about half the damage of the single swing we currently have.

And yes, they’re right, it only did 1 vuln per hit for a total of two. If anything this was a VEEEERY tiny buff to dps in the way of making that 2 hit damage come out with one hit.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

okay, how do you explain wiki page then? 1st auto in chain had 1 stack, brutal blade had 2

Also, i said that i tested it in HoTM, 2k twice in bwe and only once now

For reference, there’s similar skill, gs4 on warrior – Bladetrail. Description says it cripples, and it does both on the way to enemy and when coing back, same for its damage

(edited by Dante.3780)

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Our little man liked his rev so he wants some buffs eh ? No. Revenant is in a very good place..

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

Sounds like constructic feedback, Kaizoku

Yes, i liked rev very much, but he WAS in a good place
As for now, I’m really surprised that noone could back me up nor prove me wrong.

Also, as far as i know, Brutal Blade was changed due to projectiles being obstructed on some targets, now that its fixed, I’d welcome old BB and its synergy with axe

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

What’s the cast time of the second part of brutal blade?

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

Brutal blade is 3/4s, there’s no “second part” to it. it is second part of the autoattack chain though
Preparation Thrust → Brutal Blade → Rift Slash

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Sword melts things.

I went back into vanilla last night for hero points and it was laughable.

And OP you’re wrong, the Revenant is the master of one thing.

Enjoyment. The most important stat there is.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

okay, how do you explain wiki page then? 1st auto in chain had 1 stack, brutal blade had 2

Also, i said that i tested it in HoTM, 2k twice in bwe and only once now

For reference, there’s similar skill, gs4 on warrior – Bladetrail. Description says it cripples, and it does both on the way to enemy and when coing back, same for its damage

Because:
A:It shows 2 stacks because it takes into consideration of the move coming back, Bladetrail also applies cripple, which isn’t a intensity stacking effect.

And

B: Notice how most skills that apply multiple times always have a “x2, x3…etc” counter next to the damage component, this isn’t true for skills that have a returning component.
See: Brutal Blade, Tides of Time, Envoy of Exuberance Path of Scars, Throw Shield, Phoenix.

All of these skills hit twice, yet their effects in the tool-tips are totaled to assume you hit both out-going and in-going, not split between “you’re always going to do this even if you hit once”.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

B: Notice how most skills that apply multiple times always have a “x2, x3…etc” counter next to the damage component, this isn’t true for skills that have a returning component.
See: Brutal Blade, Tides of Time, Envoy of Exuberance Path of Scars, Throw Shield, Phoenix.

All of these skills hit twice, yet their effects in the tool-tips are totaled to assume you hit both out-going and in-going, not split between “you’re always going to do this even if you hit once”.

Wrong;
Bladetrail applies cripple cripple on the way in (4s) + on the way out (4s) resulting in 8s cripple
Throw shield – you countered yourself here, 1s+1s, 2second daze in total
Envoy of Exuberance – gives 4s protection in total

For all of those spells, as well as Brutal Blade, each strike counts individually and apply effects each time.

Those spells which have (x2) (x8) (x12) – for example Hundred blades, Whirling Defence, apply unique effects over the duration of the spell, WD 12 vuln in total – but that’s in the tooltip (x12)!!

Spells like Throw Shield, Brutal Blade, Tides of Time, Envoy of Exuberance, Path of Scars, Throw Shield ect apply their effects twice – no x8 in the tooltip!

C’mon, i’ve spent my time in Heart of the Mists, bot in bwe and now, dont give me this fake-math and untested arguments with invalid conclusions – check in HoTM before posting BS please

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: MasterekPL.7936

MasterekPL.7936

Actually Dante has a point, it feels weaker than in betas in my opinon, and his arguments are right.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

Brutal Blade is not nerf in term of damage.
In your screen shot, the 1.3k is actually the brutal blade damage. It used to hit as hard as half of a Rift Slash (3rd hit) which shows as almost 2.6k in the picture.

Right now, you can notice that Brutal Blade and Rift Slash damages are pretty much equal. If i recall correctly, Sword chain acutallys get BUFFED. It use to have the coefficient of 0.8( prep thrust) + 0.5×2 ( brutal blade)+ 0.9 (rift slash) + 0.3 (explosion).
But now the coefficient is 0.85 1 1 and 0.3, with the difference seems to be 0.15 increase :\

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

In your screen shot, the 1.3k is actually the brutal blade damage. It used to hit as hard as half of a Rift Slash (3rd hit) which shows as almost 2.6k in the picture.

If you look closely you can see that Rift Slash icon is pressed and its animation is ending – there animations are unique enough to distinguish each one of them – so you’re wrong here

As for coefficients – although i do not know them, screenshot shows you 2,5k BB (as i just explained, its not riftslash), just as it does now, so it was not buffed.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

If you look closely you can see that Rift Slash icon is pressed and its animation is ending – there animations are unique enough to distinguish each one of them – so you’re wrong here

As for coefficients – although i do not know them, screenshot shows you 2,5k BB (as i just explained, its not riftslash), just as it does now, so it was not buffed.

The faded 2.6k is Rift Slash, The 1.3k is the second part of Brutal Blade when it comes back.
If you tested Rev in beta as you mentioned, you should know that Rift Slash is the hardest hitting of the chain and there is no way it could be as low as 1.3k

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Posted by: Thermaltron.6829

Thermaltron.6829

I’d take this hefty nerf to the damage if there was a way to get the uniqueness back into the Rev’s AA.

Right now it is so bloody boring and silly looking.

Brutal Blade nerf

in Revenant

Dante.3780

The faded 2.6k is Rift Slash, The 1.3k is the second part of Brutal Blade when it comes back.
If you tested Rev in beta as you mentioned, you should know that Rift Slash is the hardest hitting of the chain and there is no way it could be as low as 1.3k

Hmm, that i didn’t take into consideration.
Yeah i played rev a lot, didnt take notes on exact numbers though.

Honestly, thats the only sensible answer i got since creating a topic, thank you for that
More importantly, you are correct, thanks for taking your time to explain, Vanillea