Brutal Blade

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

i would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE if we had on the sword 1 the same effect as the ranger has on the sword, wen the 2nd hit on the auto attack they leap abit and its a gap closer i think it could be perfect

Please, for the love of god, no.
I don’t think anyone is even remotely as excited or involved with the class as I am, but I would instantly give up on the entire class if we get some variation of the horrible Ranger sword autoattacks.

I second that.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

i would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE if we had on the sword 1 the same effect as the ranger has on the sword, wen the 2nd hit on the auto attack they leap abit and its a gap closer i think it could be perfect

Please, for the love of god, no.
I don’t think anyone is even remotely as excited or involved with the class as I am, but I would instantly give up on the entire class if we get some variation of the horrible Ranger sword autoattacks.

I second that.

smells like well played troll XD

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

I kinda liked this part of the auto :/ it made it feel different from all the other sword skills out there. Oh well, at least we still have the cool stabby stab animation on the 1st part

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I kinda liked this part of the auto :/ it made it feel different from all the other sword skills out there. Oh well, at least we still have the cool stabby stab animation on the 1st part

yeah but sometimes usability > coolness…a projectile on a melee auto doen’t feel right

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Did people really have an issue with this? I actually really liked it, as it really threw people off. Slow build up in a way, but as a result of the ‘return’ you could deal some pretty decent spike damage, especially if you had Impossible Odds up. Plus as another mentioned, a guaranteed proc of the GM health return trait. I’m actually sad to see it go.

The problem was that as a projectile, it suffered from tracking issues that would make it often difficult to land from such a close range, especially with differences in terrain involved. Since it’s the second attack of the chain, there was no reason for the extra range on it since you’d need to be within melee range to use it anyway.

The other problem was that any sort of projectile defense, particularly reflection, caused all sorts of trouble, which counteracts the purpose of using a melee attack in the first place.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Chaos.5072

yeah but sometimes usability > coolness…a projectile on a melee auto doen’t feel right

Does launching hammers at range, bashing people with a magic weapon or poisoning with a mace feel right? It’s like Revenant’s thing to use weapons in weird hipster ways.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Does launching hammers at range, bashing people with a magic weapon or poisoning with a mace feel right? It’s like Revenant’s thing to use weapons in weird hipster ways.

he’s talking about it literally not being usable or hurting you when you use it. Like certain areas in the game it just misses because of wonky terrain and your damage is cut in half. Certain PvE encounters (and when ppl caught on pvp too) have reflects so you hurt yourself…

The upside of the attack was incredibly minor at best with working with that gm flanking trait (which may have gotten nerfed 6 months from now anyway.)

Anyone who dislikes this change probably hasn’t played enough of gw2 or enough of rev/guardian to have experienced it. A projectile on a melee attack is hair pulling annoying is certain situations.

Has 0 to do with feels but actual usability.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I will just leave it here for people that doesnt understand why it was changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bjhdw_26Rw

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I will just leave it here for people that doesnt understand why it was changed.

Ty <3

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Chaos.5072

he’s talking about it literally not being usable or hurting you when you use it. Like certain areas in the game it just misses because of wonky terrain and your damage is cut in half. Certain PvE encounters (and when ppl caught on pvp too) have reflects so you hurt yourself…

The upside of the attack was incredibly minor at best with working with that gm flanking trait (which may have gotten nerfed 6 months from now anyway.)

Anyone who dislikes this change probably hasn’t played enough of gw2 or enough of rev/guardian to have experienced it. A projectile on a melee attack is hair pulling annoying is certain situations.

Has 0 to do with feels but actual usability.

I’ve got 5k hours, 3k of them on guard but thanks, though. The skill was completely usable. Yea, projectiles get reflected, that’s like a mechanic in the game, certain skills have counter-play. That’s like saying “I hate how my attacks miss when I’m blinded, plz remove it from the game.”

And the terrain bug only applies to projectile skills that follow the camera (Fireball), not ones that always stay at ground level (Bladetrail). Brutal Blade was the latter and it worked completely fine. It was a fun mechanic that made Revenant feel distinct from the massive over saturation of sword users with boring autos we already have and it’s sad to see it go.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Black Box.9312

And the terrain bug only applies to projectile skills that follow the camera (Fireball), not ones that always stay at ground level (Bladetrail).

Attachments:

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Chaos.5072

And the terrain bug only applies to projectile skills that follow the camera (Fireball), not ones that always stay at ground level (Bladetrail).

Go on an Ele, point your camera at the ground and use fireball. It will fly into the ground. Then do it looking up, it will fly into the air.

Then go on a Warrior and use Bladetrail. It will go straight ahead of the character the same way no matter what way the camera is facing. Same with Path Of Scars on Ranger. Brutal blade was like this., too.

I’ll bet you can’t get Bladetrail or Path of Scars to shoot into the ground no matter what.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Go on an Ele, point your camera at the ground and use fireball. It will fly into the ground. Then do it looking up, it will fly into the air.

Then go on a Warrior and use Bladetrail. It will go straight ahead of the character the same way no matter what way the camera is facing. Same with Path Of Scars on Ranger. Brutal blade was like this., too.

I’ll bet you can’t get Bladetrail or Path of Scars to shoot into the ground no matter what.

That’s all well and good, but this video suggests that the projectile issue on Rev. AA was a real thing. Good change in my opinion.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Black Box.9312

My Guardian torch says that you’re wrong. Like, really wrong.

Actually, you’re not even referring to the actual bug anyway. That’s just terrain collision, which is completely normal behavior.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Could the same be made with the guardian’s Sword Wave? The thing is really counter-intuitive, as the description says its a ‘cone’, but it’s actually a ‘projectile volley’, and it gets reflected, and often fails to hit objects that cleave attacks and cones would hit.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

I’ve gotten lots of feedback, increasingly so with time, about this part of the sword auto-attack chain. I’ll be changing this skill so that it will no longer use a projectile attack and instead it will become a normal melee attack which applies vulnerability.

NOOOOoooOoOOOoOoOo

this skill is a kitten nice AoE Attack .. why do you want to remove this? … ppl should start thinking about their positioning instead of screaming for a skill-change :/

Stuff like this:

That’s all well and good, but this video suggests that the projectile issue on Rev. AA was a real thing. Good change in my opinion.

can be adressed in another way or not? if not you’re right then its better to change the whole skill but i can’t believe that there are no other ways of solving this issue O_O

(edited by Loex.5104)

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I’ve got 5k hours, 3k of them on guard but thanks, though. The skill was completely usable.

You’re on a ~1 month old forum account, in game account has ~146 AP, and haven’t logged into the game since ~6/21/15.

Best case scenario your on an alt account to troll.

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

that is an awesome news! Good Job!!

Brutal Blade

in Revenant

Posted by: Dante.3780

Dante.3780

@Roy pls

I’m really glad that’s you’re taking into account our feedback but don’t nerf AA chain just like it!

- 2 vuln for 6 sec on the way forward + another 2 vuln for 6 sec on the way back gets cut in half
- target cap 3 (i assume) instead of 5
- don’t forget damage was applied twice!

and yes, yes i’m aware that i do not know final numbers, i’m just reminding of its mechanics