Builds without Glint or Herald

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You can really make a build without Herald work. The traits are very nice but unless you’re using anything other than the traits for Herald you usually have just as much to gain from another trait line. Like, for instance, taking a survivable destruction/retribution/invocation. Constant crits with some survivability.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

As OP stated Jalis/Shiro is a very solid combo

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Why do you say “Glint or Herald” when glint=herald :P It’s like saying butter or butter :P

Anyways we are fine without Herald. It’s not be-all-end-all and with recent changes Jalis is shaping up to be a nice legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Why do you say “Glint or Herald” when glint=herald :P It’s like saying butter or butter :P

Anyways we are fine without Herald. It’s not be-all-end-all and with recent changes Jalis is shaping up to be a nice legend.

You can be a Herald without using the Glint Legend. That’s why People say that.

I for myself might go Mallyx/Ventari with Apothecary/Shaman Gear for Condi/Heal Hybrid. Corruption/Salvation/Invocation.

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You can be a Herald without using the Glint Legend. That’s why People say that.

I for myself might go Mallyx/Ventari with Apothecary/Shaman Gear for Condi/Heal Hybrid. Corruption/Salvation/Invocation.

Thats actually the first build I made! Never did test it in beta though. Shame.

Lunar Fighter

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

First gotta know whether you’re talking PvE or PvP.

For PvE damage you can take Shiro/Mallyx and Devastation/Invocation/Herald for damaging traits since Herald doesn’t have visual effects, the Legendary Dragon Stance (Glint) does.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I find it Ironic how other professions won’t even touch their Elite but for Revenant it seems like the polar opposite.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

The base game play of the Revenant largely seems based around the idea of draining your energy, swapping to new legend, then draining energy again.

So really Deva/Invo and Shiro are staple. From there it’s simply a question of do you want to drain your energy in Jalis using Vengeful Hammers for more defense or do you want the 10% stat boost using Embrace the Darkness. I imagine there will be a mix of both with people using Traveler’s Runes or runes with similar effect for traveling until they unlock Herald.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Before herald was introduced, the most popular idea seemed to be Shiro/Mallyx for quickness/EtD.

in Revenant

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

The herald really helps out Ventari (longer regen from tablet, spammable AoE protection when moving tablet). The herald really helps out Jalis (TONS of extra stability from the brick road). The herald also really helped out with Mallyx (17s of Resistance).

Herald just seems to have stuff in it that makes any other legendary work much better. In the short time I had, I wasn’t able to get non-herald versions to work as well as herald versions, even when I never took Glint.

in Revenant

Posted by: atenthirtyone.3806

atenthirtyone.3806

I find it Ironic how other professions won’t even touch their Elite but for Revenant it seems like the polar opposite.

Revenant was probably designed and developed at the same time if not in a very close time frame as the Herald. Other elite specs were created as either alternate or focused play styles of existing designs.

I can imagine the number of active Revenants that are using Herald will be among the highest in the “What professions are using elite specs actively” poll. Probably, along Reapers and Chronomancers.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Just wait few more days. High majority of the people wont be able to use herald on the first day due to Hero Points cost. You have to have everything maxed in order to Elite Spec.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Here’s my 80 pve build I’ll start with until I can get herald:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8nnvNWNS6JrJRVl/ksrygSYW5QJYscrklNFhdc51qxutrNwhFA-TRCEwA62fIyBBYrSQmK/M8EAYp+TbdAd0MA4CAQGg8tA-e

Gear is temporary, and I’ll probably swap in some toughness on the trinket side of things if I’m getting downed or change out a few traits that give some healing. Dwarf Stance + Hammer has two blasts on a lightning field with 15 sec cooldown. This should be close to perma swiftness.

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I whipped this up quickly. Traits are very rough and I’m unsure what optimal traits would be at this point. Basically just something to take the most advantage of better fury to give some wiggle room for extra toughness.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXinvNWNS6JrJRVl/ksrygSYW5QJYscrkFNFhd862qz2FsdQgIA-T1RBABFt/AaKB7S5He6BW4EAAwDAgS1fIFwoKjA-w

Edit: Just noticed how similar these two builds are lmao.

Lunar Fighter

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)