CC in Chaotic Release

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Right now Chaotic Release reads : “Consume facet of chaos releasing chaotic winds damaging and knocking back foes”

Can we change the knockback to other CC like stun or float? Knockback usefulness is very situational while usually disrupting in pve content. I certainly don’t want to use this elite while in most pve content since people might get mad for ruining the agros. I don’t see a reason it must be a knockback except for thematic issue. Pretty much once you use the upkeep phase, you are stuck in the -5 upkeeps , not being able to release the skill without getting people all mad at you for sending mobs all over the place

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

(edited by quaniesan.8497)

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

You can still only use the passive effect and legendswap so that you don’t need to activate it. That upkeep with other skills will consume your energy quick enough to deactivate itself or force you to legendswap to do weaponskills

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

You could always just not use it for PvE. I very much doubt you’ll need it.

We already have Jade Winds anyway. Two elite stuns seems a bit redundant.

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

quaniesan.8497

then wouldnt it be a waste of skill slot that are you forced into if you want to go Glint? You will have to agree that a stun is useful across the board while knockback is mostly annoying to pve game play. We have Jade Wind yah, but what if i dont want to go Shiro. A float would be nice too.

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I love thats its a launch. don’t change it(unless u wanna make it a bigger launch)

plus we have jade wind to stun, would be too powerful if they both could.

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

then wouldnt it be a waste of skill slot that are you forced into if you want to go Glint? You will have to agree that a stun is useful across the board while knockback is mostly annoying to pve game play. We have Jade Wind yah, but what if i dont want to go Shiro. A float would be nice too.

It’s not wasted. 2nd effect pust a cd on first effect too, so not using 2nd effects on facets is a viable strategy.

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

You could always just not use it for PvE. I very much doubt you’ll need it.

We already have Jade Winds anyway. Two elite stuns seems a bit redundant.

+1 I agree another stun/knockback added to the list is just boring.. already have centaur and assassin elites for that.

They should make the elite fit the glint boon theme and make it give a burst of quickness or something (similar to the new guardian elite feel my wrath). Would appreciate actually using this skill a LOT more if that was the case. At this point I probably wont use unless I have to because I run melee and knockback simply makes life harder for me.

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I love thats its a launch. don’t change it(unless u wanna make it a bigger launch)

A launch and a knockback are two different things. A launch is what happens when a Guardian Banishes someone, or you step on a Ranger Spike Trap. A knockback is what happens when you get tapped by a Point Blank Shot. Launches are way worse than a simple knockback.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

quaniesan.8497

Remember that ranger that got kicked when he launched the boss out of group AOE?

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Zev.3407

A launch and a knockback are two different things. A launch is what happens when a Guardian Banishes someone, or you step on a Ranger Spike Trap. A knockback is what happens when you get tapped by a Point Blank Shot. Launches are way worse than a simple knockback.

i know the difference, the tooltip says launch though, launches are the best <3
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/gw2-revenant-herald-facets1.jpg

o and to the guy above me, knockbacks and launch’s are super fun for pvp and pve, i dont care about getting kicked from a group lol cus i dont play with boring people(and no, i dont go to random zergs and troll with knockbacks, before people start arguing with me, assuming i do)

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

So only use it if your enemies have a wall to their backs … tactics. If you want the boon but not the active then legendswap out of the Upkeep.

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Zev.3407

So only use it if your enemies have a wall to their backs … tactics. If you want the boon but not the active then legendswap out of the Upkeep.

or launch them into your allies aoes . . . people just gotta be more creative than “all stand in one spot and never move boom boom dead”

The skill looks absolutely awesome and fun.

. . . i mean if you have a huge dragon, you gotta knock around some moose

CC in Chaotic Release

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

One of the nice things about the revenant energy mechanic is that if there’s a skill that isn’t useful for a situation, you can spend the energy somewhere else and it’s not wasted.

While there are situations where a knockback can be a bad thing, there are also situations where it’s something that’s really useful. Worst-case scenario, when your team is DPSing something and you don’t want to knock the target away, and you really want to drop Facet of Chaos without legendswapping or draining or energy… turn around and fire it off in a different direction to whatever your team is beating down on.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.