CLOSED!(Out Dated)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

Well I guess we are going to have 3 months of Rev op shiro+glint on the new wvw maps. For sure I won’t be logging anything else but a nomad druid or a zerker Rev. My warrior, guardian and thief will just have to wait it out for the balance patches.

There is going to be a whole bunch of heavies shelved while this sorts itself out. Not sure where the clenses in the melee train are coming from (won’t be druid)

Why not 3 months of scrappers? These guys are dd eles 2.0 everything into one package and unlike revs they do not rely on opponent mistakes to heal up.

Scrappers and Reapers aren’t going to be able to Frontline. Roamers yes but roamers are useless.

Rev are going to be running the melee train like a lawn mower over weeds. I am not complaining I will be right there with you on my new sylvari Rev (don’t have a sylvari). I just wouldn’t expect any of the old power based classes to stick around to get run over and feed you bags though.

At least half the guards I know are switching just for the gap closers alone. Its all good Rev master race!

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

You sure there will even be a classic melee train like before? I’m not a huge wvwer by any means but the maps are changing quite a bit with a lot more emphasis on defense (and maybe roaming?)

Seems like a lot of anti zerg mechanics in the new maps.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Overall, after the last BWE, we felt like revenant was in a solid spot. For launch we mainly focused on bug fixing and a few outliers such as changing the second hit of the sword auto-attack as well as speeding up the tablet move speed.

That’s not to say that there aren’t more things we are thinking about how to improve or tweak, but we want the profession to get in more playtime and thus more feedback before we make any more larger changes. I’m definitely reading all the feedback and taking under consideration for future changes so keep up the awesome work.

I think thats fair that we don’t get notes on rev/herald, chronomancer, and reaper because they’ve been fine tuned for so long now compared to the other specs and they actually feel like they’re in a really strong place.

Daredevil and dragonhunter still needed a bit of fine-tuning and we got notes on them, and druid and scrapper, we got notes on since it was our first time testing them and they felt mostly solid for their roles.

Still, Berserker and Tempest need notes about their changes just because those specs were in a decent place during BWE3, but still felt a bit undertuned.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Roy I hope you won’t vanish on us after launch!

Kidel, we will get vuln with the attack.

Nope, no vanishing.

Any news on that GM trait from the Retribution spec you mentioned before? It sounded awesome. Did you ditch the idea entirely?

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Nope, no vanishing.

Any news on that GM trait from the Retribution spec you mentioned before? It sounded awesome. Did you ditch the idea entirely?

Yup, that’s a thing. Rite of the Great Dwarf procs when hit at or below 50% HP and makes Rite of the Great Dwarf provide 50% condition damage reduction as well.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Nope, no vanishing.

Yup, that’s a thing. Rite of the Great Dwarf procs when hit at or below 50% HP and makes Rite of the Great Dwarf provide 50% condition damage reduction as well.

My goodness! That was quick! And it’s awesome! I’m really liking how you’re approaching that tankiness from Jalis in the form of flat damage mitigation (included conditions) instead of throwing condi cleanse around. The legend is shaping up to be very good, the Retribution spec line as well. Inspiring Reinforcement is the only one that doesn’t feel quite there yet, but only becouse the stability takes a very brief moment to take effect once casted, other than that, good one!

What’s the ICD on that thing if you don’t mind me asking?

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Theres one problem.. Rite is still terrible and doesnt work as stunbreak.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I like that number. 20% felt underwhelming for a costly elite skill. It wouldn’t save your life when you would need it to. 50% seems much more appealing. I hope Vengeful Hammers gets a similar consideration/ treatment, because spending your entire energy for 20% damage reduction is equally underwhelming.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I like that number. 20% felt underwhelming for a costly elite skill. It wouldn’t save your life when you would need it to. 50% seems much more appealing. I hope Vengeful Hammers gets a similar consideration/ treatment, because spending your entire energy for 20% damage reduction is equally underwhelming.

That sounds like really sold GM trait. So if you stack lots of healing power or simply don’t use Jalis, Steadfast Rejuvenation is okay. Otherwise, the new RotGD trait will better serve you. And Empowering Vengeance is still probably bad.

I don’t think Vengeful Hammers needs a buff. It can be turned on instantly whenever needed, and does damage/healing in AoE. Get hit by thief basilisk venom? Toggle on Vengeful Hammers to soften the impending burst. It is instant cast but I can’t recall if it was usable while stunned or otherwise CC’d….anyone know?

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

All the feedback is great but I’m having sleepless nights over the Brutal Blade change. Is it still in the works or can we know already how it’s going to work? Even if it’s just a simple sword swing that deals damage in it’s normal melee range, I would like to know.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Yeah I agree that Glint kinda throws the whole class’ balance off the window. She just has too much. It’s also the legend with by far the easiest energy management.

Sounds like the argument is glint is too well made so it needs nerfs to fall in line better with its mediocre cousins. Communists tried that already; doesn’t work :P

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Wait, there’s nothing about Glint Underwater?

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You sure there will even be a classic melee train like before? I’m not a huge wvwer by any means but the maps are changing quite a bit with a lot more emphasis on defense (and maybe roaming?)

Seems like a lot of anti zerg mechanics in the new maps.

I’m going to be really honest: I would love for the old melee train wvw to come back. It was at least more interesting and fun to play with than pirate ship and imob bomb wars 2

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Yeah I agree that Glint kinda throws the whole class’ balance off the window. She just has too much. It’s also the legend with by far the easiest energy management.

Sounds like the argument is glint is too well made so it needs nerfs to fall in line better with its mediocre cousins. Communists tried that already; doesn’t work :P

No, it’s more like Glint is in essence just like any other profession’s utilities which deals with cooldowns instead of energy. I feel like it kinda takes away from what the revenant is supposed to be while also giving the player a massive toolset with virtually no drawback, to the point where it’s mandatory to take it.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

IMO, Glint shows the idea behind this stance while you play support-oriented build and really want to keep that Regen and Protection going without sacraficing too much on offensive side. Then the play with upkeeps and Energy is kinda fun.

But I agree that Herald takes a lot of, sometimes extreme, difficulty from Revenant and replaces it with more standard, easier and more efficient option. I see most people just double-tapping all Facets maybe except of Strenght one, not really needing these passive boons they get from Facet of Nature anyway.

I think core problem lies in Facet of Nature itself. It just shouldn’t grant all these boons on active part or boons should be shorter. Then people should care a bit more about upkeeps (Protection and Regen duration from Light and Chaos facets should be buffed in duration in this case). But that would need more testing.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Nope, no vanishing.

Roy, we still haven’t heard about Embrace the Darkness. Just wanted to know if you guys are watching this, think it’s fine, considering a change, none of the above? :-)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Nope, no vanishing.

Sweet, thanks Roy!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Overall, after the last BWE, we felt like revenant was in a solid spot. For launch we mainly focused on bug fixing and a few outliers such as changing the second hit of the sword auto-attack as well as speeding up the tablet move speed.

That’s not to say that there aren’t more things we are thinking about how to improve or tweak, but we want the profession to get in more playtime and thus more feedback before we make any more larger changes. I’m definitely reading all the feedback and taking under consideration for future changes so keep up the awesome work.

So your happy with how good it is/plays, how about how balanced it is compared to others? (core classes) for now revenant counters every other power class. and when they spec condi they also counters every condi class.

This issnt only for Rev but also for allot more new Elite specs you/Anet brought into this game. some core classes have NO place or chance anymore against new (combined) stuff you/Anet put on this class and other elites.

We need to have players get more time with them in general to see how things play out. We’ve made a lot of changes in beta weekends, but once they are live and people really spend a lot of time playing with them it will give us better data. We want non-elite spec builds to be viable as well. There will be balance patches to address and adjust things.

Yeah, feel like we can enjoy this OP class for at least a month before the nerf-hammer coming :P

Though it’s obvious some of the skills are too strong in PVP, if you guys are ok with it, then we’re ok with abusing it.
Let’s hope we don’t see a 5~20 Revs team in most contents post HoT

(edited by Aomine.5012)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

So your happy with how good it is/plays, how about how balanced it is compared to others? (core classes) for now revenant counters every other power class. and when they spec condi they also counters every condi class.

This issnt only for Rev but also for allot more new Elite specs you/Anet brought into this game. some core classes have NO place or chance anymore against new (combined) stuff you/Anet put on this class and other elites.

We need to have players get more time with them in general to see how things play out. We’ve made a lot of changes in beta weekends, but once they are live and people really spend a lot of time playing with them it will give us better data. We want non-elite spec builds to be viable as well. There will be balance patches to address and adjust things.

Yeah, feel like we can enjoy this OP class for at least a month before the nerf-hammer coming :P

Though it’s obvious some of the skills are too strong in PVP, if you guys are ok with it, then we’re ok with abusing it.

What skills are you talking about? O.o

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Any chance we can get a list of changes before launch, Roy?

noice

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

Hint: One-hand sword and Glint.
Some on Shiro, but this one is debatable.

Also feel like Hammer will be a WvW Zerg friendly weapon thanks to perma mobile dark field + projectile block (If multiple Revs present)+ short CD AOE KD. (One KD hammer is not a big threat, but imagine 20 RANGE AOE KD, plus hammer’s dps is almost equivalent to Ranger’s LB if you spam 2 on CD)

Also 5 Revenants in Glint standing together can easily upkeep 25 mights, fury, regen, swiftness without doing anything.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

That ranger is sooo jealous. Its not like ranger inst one of the best 1v1 classes with pets being capable of dealing 15k in one hit.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

And what aspects of sword is OP? O.o

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

It’s not like you’re going to stop playing ranger, the same way Hunter isnt going to stop playing Guardian. Another case of a year + of literally nothing but complaining.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Also feel like Hammer will be a WvW Zerg friendly weapon thanks to perma mobile dark field + projectile block (If multiple Revs present)+ short CD AOE KD. (One KD hammer is not a big threat, but imagine 20 RANGE AOE KD, plus hammer’s dps is almost equivalent to Ranger’s LB if you spam 2 on CD)

Also 5 Revenants in Glint standing together can easily upkeep 25 mights, fury, regen, swiftness without doing anything.

Every class has something that is strong. You cant compare rev hammer vs ranger Lb, both are different classes and weapons. Its like comparing dd ele vs dd thief. And hammer 2 is avoidable through strafing, Lb is not. Stating that 5 glint revs standing together are strong is obvious, and they do use energy to keep such buffs up at a cost. I wonder what 5 reaper or 5 chrono standing together can do in a zerg or 5v5 vs those revs onpoint.

Sorry if i come out as harsh but i believe ur logic is flawed and it is sad to see such false info being spread around. If i were u id be more careful and humble with how i throw around such claims. And ‘us’ druids will stand out and be strong in our own field, everyone has something.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

fluidmonolith.3584

I don’t think the ‘make a team of 5 of X profession and you can do crazy things’ is a really valid argument against a single profession though. You could make that argument for almost any profession. 5 staff guardians = lots of might. 5 thief wvw roaming teams are ridiculous.

I’m not disagreeing that some aspects of Revenant may be OP, but I don’t think that what 5 of them working together can do is a good way to evaluate it.

There’s been a lot of heated debate already about what is or is not OP on Revenant, and people are already pretty much set in their opinions. So I’m not going to give specific examples of what I think is or is not OP.

Maguuma

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

Every class has something that is strong. You cant compare rev hammer vs ranger Lb, both are different classes and weapons. Its like comparing dd ele vs dd thief. And hammer 2 is avoidable through strafing, Lb is not. Stating that 5 glint revs standing together are strong is obvious, and they do use energy to keep such buffs up at a cost. I wonder what 5 reaper or 5 chrono standing together can do in a zerg or 5v5 vs those revs onpoint.

Sorry if i come out as harsh but i believe ur logic is flawed and it is sad to see such false info being spread around. If i were u id be more careful and humble with how i throw around such claims. And ‘us’ druids will stand out and be strong in our own field, everyone has something.

I think your pre-assumption is fundamentally wrong because I’m not directly compare Revenant to any specific class. Don’t know why you guys bother to bring out lots of unrelated things up to justify the OP aspects of Revenant. I do play all classes, and have experience in WvW/ dungeon/ PVP on all of them, so I’m perfectly aware what other classes can do and can’t do.

Also if you EVER go to PVP forum, you’d notice almost everyone there feel Revenant is too strong due to long uptime block/ evade/ damage conversion/ high dps in one build.

Their damage is top-level, sword 3 high damage + evade, shield to cover up CD, 0 cast time, able cast even when CCed, convert all damage and condition with heal skill from Glint. Lots of CC, high duration boon uptime, on demand quickness, etc.

Also the reason why I say 5 Revenant is possible is because they’re an universal class that can probably do everything, (covering dps, party boons, reflection, heal, boon removal), while their dps is in the the top level category

I’m not the only one, and I’d be joining the Revenant’s boat post HoT too. If the devs are ok with Rev’s OP aspects right now, I’m ok with playing it. I’m not complaining.
Seriously, don’t know why all of you are getting defensive and delusional whenever someone talking the strong aspect of Revenant. How do you assume someone’s point is fault without backing up with anything?

Another note: I also decided to make Bolt, my FIRST legendary for my new Revenant.
This is the first class that makes me do such decisions. I already prepared all materials except the short in precursor that I’d be getting from mastery post HoT. I have all ascended prepared for my Revenant already too.
Feel free to argue with me for the sake of arguing with me, because I’d be one of you guys very soon.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

Their damage is top-level, sword 3 high damage

evade it, so there’s no dmg anymore

convert all damage and condition with heal skill from Glint.

Stop dmg, so there will be no heal

Lots of CC, high duration boon uptime, on demand quickness, etc.

I guess you’ve never played against classes with real lots of CC

1st: learn to fight against them, then you’ll see… they’re not OP
2nd: play rev against a player who knows how to conterplay rev… then you’ll see.. they’re not OP

I fought against classes they much more OP as you mean the rev is… Srsly!

Don’t forget: ~95% of all players don’t know how to fight against this NEW class… So ~95% thought the rev is OP… including you.

(edited by Ilharn.6813)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I do play all classes, and have experience in WvW/ dungeon/ PVP on all of them, so I’m perfectly aware what other classes can do and can’t do.

Then you know exactly what every class has that can hard counter a Rev.
That would also mean you are here JUST to complain for no reason.
Because you obviously know what classes can and can’t do.

Also if you EVER go to PVP forum, you’d notice almost everyone there feel Revenant is too strong due to long uptime block/ evade/ damage conversion/ high dps in one build.

As of last BWE people actually thought Reaper,Scrapper, and Chrono were the classes that needed tuning down. Though this was also from people who forum warrior quite frequently and probably ( like you) have a low MMR

Their damage is top-level, sword 3 high damage + evade, shield to cover up CD, 0 cast time, able cast even when CCed, convert all damage and condition with heal skill from Glint. Lots of CC, high duration boon uptime, on demand quickness, etc.

I’m going to guess that since you are cherry picking skills that you are well aware of what counters everything the Rev can do in each stance?
Because you do claim that you know what every class can do. So you of course know that every class has plenty of access to skills that can shut down the Shiro/Glint Combo you just cherry picked.

Also the reason why I say 5 Revenant is possible is because they’re an universal class that can probably do everything, (covering dps, party boons, reflection, heal, boon removal), while their dps is in the the top level category

Show me the build that can do all of that.
You say probably.
Which is another way of saying " I’m not really sure"

So MAYBE your first statement of “I know what class can and can not do”

IS A LIE.

I’m not the only one, and I’d be joining the Revenant’s boat post HoT too. If the devs are ok with Rev’s OP aspects right now, I’m ok with playing it. I’m not complaining.
Seriously, don’t know why all of you are getting defensive and delusional whenever someone talking the strong aspect of Revenant. How do you assume someone’s point is fault without backing up with anything?

Sure you will be.

Why does anyone need to back-up a rebuttal to a false claim in the first place.
What you have continued to do ( even in the Ventari thread when it was proven that a healing druid outhealed every healing spec in the game before the announced nerf) is complain about the class being to strong while contradicting yourself about how much knowledge you have with and against the profession.

You need to acknowledge the fact that you and other’s DONT know what every new spec is going to bring.
You DON’T know what counters what in HoT
You DON’T know how to properly fight against a revenant.

You do know how to complain though.

When HoT comes out.
Why don’t you come back to the forums of you fighting with and against a revenant with all the classes ( since you play every class) and show us why it’s in YOUR opinion the OP top dealing damage class you seem to believe.

Also legends in a hardshell
Mallyx- A lot of Resistance to condies (when traited), can have high resistance uptime IF coupled with glint. No stun breakers- CC hard counters, No anti kiting ability, no gap closers in utility, heal’s for a base 3.3k. This is a hammer warriors wet dream legend. If they cant move they die, that’s not rocket science

Glint- No Cleanses from Condies, no resistance, one stunbreaker.
Don’t attack the blue glowing revenant= wasted heal

Jalis- No gap closers, CC resistance via stability road OR traited Stability, one taunt, one condi cleanse tied to healing, one stun breaker tied to the elite (which is pretty bad atm). Very energy heavy
Jalis isn’t a cheap legend. You can kite and put ranged pressure on this legend. Use CC to force them to use there elite OR make them blow the heal with condi pressure. Then condi them down. OR assuming they have wasted the Elite, Burst them.

Ventari- Area (lackluster) healing, Area Condi cleanse, Area ranged reflect.
No kiting power, no real healing skill.
Burst this legend down.
It’s bad, it’s not energy effiecient, and it doesn’t have any CC break.

I would love to see this build you run on Rev that is OP

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

So once a player has spend a lot of time, energy and resource developing their revenant, that’s when your going to change them? I hope you can see how annoying this could be to players. You are giving incentive to not invest in revenant and wait a year before creating one. If you think about it, would anyone invest in a car knowing full well that in 6 months from now the car they invested in maybe completely different from what sold them on it in the first place.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Please don’t tell this argument again “weakness to condis” when they have barely none. With Glint/shiro, marauder amulet, vampirism rune i haven’t ANY real problem with condi last BWE (only again high stacks of burning and too much condis like other classes). The new trait in retribution line (the proc od ROTGD) make condi management even more easy too. Revenant really don’t have a weakness to conditions. Looks at mesmer for exemple, it’s much more squishy than revenant and without inspiration line have just NOTHING to do with conditions (revenant without Mallyx have Glint heal,regen, shield skills, evade … AND soon a talent in retribution line). When mesmer need to don’t be hit at all (actually mesmer need more skill to play than herald, who makes revenant a child game to play with the upkeep cost of Glint abilities). There is more, when revenant is really tanky with herald and shield mesmer can actually be one shooted (i play Mesmer and i can say you this "condition weakness is clearly none. Would love to have this “weakness” on my mesmer without taking inspiration line). So please stop with that conditions weakness. It’s really a false thing.

The revenant (majoritarly the herald but i hope Jalis and Mallyx would change too) and others elite specs are going to be down and have some changes in one or two months, i’m pretty sure. Currently there is no balance thing on elite specs ( i really hope myself they redone the berserker spec, if none this clearly throw warriors away the meta and let revenants become the more powerfull melee class)

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

nacario.9417

Please don’t tell this argument again “weakness to condis” when they have barely none. With Glint/shiro, marauder amulet, vampirism rune i haven’t ANY real problem with condi last BWE (only again high stacks of burning and too much condis like other classes). The new trait in retribution line (the proc od ROTGD) make condi management even more easy too. Revenant really don’t have a weakness to conditions. Looks at mesmer for exemple, it’s much more squishy than revenant and without inspiration line have just NOTHING to do with conditions (revenant without Mallyx have Glint heal,regen, shield skills, evade … AND soon a talent in retribution line). When mesmer need to don’t be hit at all (actually mesmer need more skill to play than herald, who makes revenant a child game to play with the upkeep cost of Glint abilities). There is more, when revenant is really tanky with herald and shield mesmer can actually be one shooted (i play Mesmer and i can say you this "condition weakness is clearly none. Would love to have this “weakness” on my mesmer without taking inspiration line). So please stop with that conditions weakness. It’s really a false thing.

The revenant (majoritarly the herald but i hope Jalis and Mallyx would change too) and others elite specs are going to be down and have some changes in one or two months, i’m pretty sure. Currently there is no balance thing on elite specs ( i really hope myself they redone the berserker spec, if none this clearly throw warriors away the meta and let revenants become the more powerfull melee class)

Then perhaps u played vs lesser skilled players? As we do have a harder time vs condis as a glint shir, especially when the fight prolongs. I lost to good chronos and even a good berseker condi as shiro glint marauder amu. I was not on the top of my game, but they knew their builds and how to work around mine. Vamp rune is getting changed as well. We need to give it more time before calling this and that op, its redicilous

Power Ranger PvP

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

“Revenant is not weak to condi” hahah. Its coming to the point where rev can run 6/6/6/6/6/6 builds with 5 legends at once hacking opponent pc so they cant dodge either i guess. UA damage is far from being able to oneshot anyone and theres basically nothing else to dodge.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Solori.6025

“Revenant is not weak to condi” hahah. Its coming to the point where rev can run 6/6/6/6/6/6 builds with 5 legends at once hacking opponent pc so they cant dodge either i guess. UA damage is far from being able to oneshot anyone and theres basically nothing else to dodge.

Pretty much..The Rev has all of two attacks in the Shiro/Glint combo that need to be dodged.

in pretty much every weapon set.

Can’t wait till pro leagues come out, then we can see who is really at the top of there game.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Solori.6025

You don’t play a mesmer.

There is so much counter play a mes has vs a revenant it’s sad.
There is no way.
A Revenant should ever counter a mesmer unless that mesmer is terrible.
And if it’s a chrono then that player must be pure garbage.

Chrono in either condi OR power has enough tools to render most if not all of the kits of a revenant obsolete.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

You don’t play a mesmer.

There is no way.

Chrono in either condi OR power has enough tools to render most if not all of the kits of a revenant obsolete.

You’re 100% right. Chronos absolutely dominate the rev.

I played against one in bwe3. Got double stunned by the shield skill and then stepped in to a gravity well. I had no clue why I was flying and then I dropped and got shattered.

Obliterated in under 3 seconds along with the rest of my team. After that we pretty much all got destroyed every time he came along (maybe because both my team and I were kitten, I don’t know). I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s too OP to play against as a rev but any decent chrono is basically a god. Nobody’s allowed to complain about mesmer.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’ve said it before, but a competent reaper should eat a glint/Shiro rev alive, and that’s a good thing. Chill is going to be a big, big problem for Glint/Shiro revs. And yes, Shiro is very mobile, but if you burn all your energy for mobility, there’s none for quickness.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Solori.6025

You don’t play a mesmer.

There is no way.

I played against one in bwe3. Got double stunned by the shield skill and then stepped in to a gravity well. I had no clue why I was flying and then I dropped and got shattered.

Obliterated in under 3 seconds along with the rest of my team. After that we pretty much all got destroyed every time he came along (maybe because both my team and I were kitten, I don’t know). I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s too OP to play against as a rev but any decent chrono is basically a god. Nobody’s allowed to complain about mesmer.

During BWE3 I defended the Gravity Well.
I rarely advocate for things to be nerfed on mes because I know how to fight them, and to me, they don’t seem powerful.
But Gravity Well does too much. 3 types of CC then massive damage at the end.
You need pulsing stability,blink, OR an invuln to get out once you are in. And then you have to pray that they mes doesn’t have any daze,immob,or stun to KEEP you in.
I think we will see a damage nerf if not on the 23rd then 24-72 hr’s after that. Anet has a list of classes that aren’t allowed to perform well and I believe Mes and Thief are at the top.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

fluidmonolith.3584

You don’t play a mesmer.

There is no way.

I rarely advocate for things to be nerfed on mes because I know how to fight them, and to me, they don’t seem powerful.
You need pulsing stability,blink, OR an invuln to get out once you are in. And then you have to pray that they mes doesn’t have any daze,immob,or stun to KEEP you in.
I think we will see a damage nerf if not on the 23rd then 24-72 hr’s after that. Anet has a list of classes that aren’t allowed to perform well and I believe Mes and Thief are at the top.

I don’t know that Gravity Well is necessarily OP (though I did, on occasion, get destroyed by it in the BWEs). I think, rather that it might be very binary in it’s effects and not very fun. It has a long cooldown, so it should be powerful. But there’s really only two results I can think of that can frequently result from it:
1) the Mes traps their target in the gravity well and the target doesn’t have an escape. The target is disabled for a few seconds taking full damage from the gravity well plus whatever blurred frenzy or shatters the Mes also wants to dump onto the target. This will likely instant-kill the target (PvP).
2) The target escapes the gravity well via blink, multiple stacks of stability, invulnerability, or damage mitigation (e.g. Endure Pain). The gravity well, with it’s long cooldown, is completely mitigated by a defensive skill with likely lower cooldown and does pretty much nothing.

I don’t really see much that can happen inbetween these two extremes. Either Gravity Well succeeds and the target blows up, or it fails and does nothing. I don’t know that this is really fun from the point of view of either the target or the Mesmer (but I don’t play Mesmer, so I probably can’t evaluate how much fun it is from Mesmer point of view).

Maguuma

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Solori.6025

I don’t really see much that can happen inbetween these two extremes. Either Gravity Well succeeds and the target blows up, or it fails and does nothing. I don’t know that this is really fun from the point of view of either the target or the Mesmer (but I don’t play Mesmer, so I probably can’t evaluate how much fun it is from Mesmer point of view).

Hmmm..
I haven’t actually thought of it that way.
And well said.
I guess we will see what Anet does with it.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

You don’t play a mesmer.

There is no way.

I don’t think it should be nerfed.

The problem is just that for the first few fights, I had no idea what was going on. I’ve never seen anything like it before on any game so I had no clue about what to do.

Really you just have to stunbreak and dodge out of it. It’s also on a 90 second cooldown (I think) so it’s not too common in a quick brawl. The only problem is that if you don’t know all the professions inside out, you’re just going to be wrecked starting from the 23rd.

A small nerf is possible though and I’m probably not going to oppose it too strongly.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

2nd: play rev against a player who knows how to conterplay rev… then you’ll see.. they’re not OP

Don’t forget: ~95% of all players don’t know how to fight against this NEW class… So ~95% thought the rev is OP… including you.

I find it funny that some people here are using this 95% people theory of people are clueless against new specializations , while they’re always that 5% elitists who know all the clues to fight new classes, and thinking their opinion is always more accurate than others.

For example, some people above me are saying Reaper OP, Chrono OP, etc etc, while they’re equally as new as everyone else against those new specializations.

Yeah, I know the forum rules, the x classes you don’t play are always OP and the x class you played is always the weakest class. This is especially true on those people who only play one class.

Too bad I’m going to play Revenant soon. Let’s hope I don’t be that guy who thought Revenant is the weakest class.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

nacario.9417

I find it funny that some people here are using this 95% people theory of people are clueless against new specializations , while they’re always that 5% elitists who know all the clues to fight new classes, and thinking their opinion is always more accurate than others.

For example, some people above me are saying Reaper OP, Chrono OP, etc etc, while they’re equally as new as everyone else against those new specializations.

Yeah, I know the forum role, the x classes you don’t play are always OP and the x class you played is always the weakest class. This is especially true on those people who only play one class.

Too bad I’m going to play Revenant soon. Let’s hope I don’t be that guy who thought Revenant is the weakest class.

It’s not about being elitist, it’s just about being right or wrong and your black n white statements makes no sense. You go on about sword 3 being “top damage” yet it can be negated by a dodge, figthing against a shiro glint rev u only just need to dodge sword 3 and elites, which is a pattern its easy to get used to and easy to recover endurance for it. Sword 3 also goes down in damage when against more targets, like mesmer clones or ranger pet.
You go on about shiro having “on demand quickness” yet it isnt truly on the demand, using it will burn all your energy preventing other abilities, and maybe u just dont have the energy when u need quickness. It’s pretty much just lots of accusations thrown around without mentioning downsides, when in reality all classes are strong in their own dept, and we really need more time to fully test things. You even say 5 revs standing together is too strong just to bolster your cause lol.

Power Ranger PvP

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

The only funny thing is that I am PvP Level 21 and know how to counterplay rev… I am not elitist but you said you know all the classes… Think about it…

(edited by Ilharn.6813)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

The online funny thing is that I am PvP Level 21 and know how to counterplay rev… I am not elitist but you said you know all the classes… Think about it…

How about fight my Ranger /Guardian then?

Well, I know you have great success against new Revenant players who’re equally as clueless as you about Revenants too. The ground is equal because no-one can call themselves veterans yet when it comes to Revenant and specialization.

Also, your theory is flawed. Just because you beat x classes, who their player may probably be new too, doesn’t mean x classes is weak. This is a very weak argument since there’s no argument to begin with.
You probably do too little PVP to understand this. Everyone should be ranked 80 for a long time by now since the game is out for so long and nothing much to do anymore.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

The online funny thing is that I am PvP Level 21 and know how to counterplay rev… I am not elitist but you said you know all the classes… Think about it…

How about fight my Ranger /Guardian then?

Well, I know you have great success against new Revenant players who’re equally as clueless as you about Revenants too. The ground is equal because no-one can call themselves veterans yet when it comes to Revenant and specialization.

Also, your theory is flawed. Just because you beat x classes, who their player may probably be new too, doesn’t mean x classes is weak. This is a very weak argument since there’s no argument to begin with.
You probably do too little PVP to understand this. Everyone should be ranked 80 for a long time by now since the game is out for so long and nothing much to do anymore.

That’s nearly the point but i match up with other 80s – and the matchmaking Wirkung well we know all.
A skill can’t be OP if you can negate it that easy. UA is not inevitable, so it can’t be OP

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I would argue about chrono dominating rev unless its condi build.. As for reaper they are quite easy to take down with rev if you dance around them with sword and hammer. I would even go as far and say reaper cannot affort to stand toe to toe with sword rev that uses impossible odds if he doesnt want to melt in seconds.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

I don’t like it when people say stuff like: “Nobody knows what to do, these professions are new” or: “You probably do too little PvP to understand”.

This is very pretentious. The game is not that complex. It’s very, very easy to learn well enough by PvP level 21 even if you’re not that smart. Veterans on this game and other similar games like to pretend that they know much more than people who’ve played less but I have to reiterate: the game is not that complex. There’s only so much to know and learn and actually I think most of us have a pretty good idea already of how to play the rev and other elite specs.

Like Ilharn said, there is counter-play. I personally promise you that counter-play exists. Stop whining and start thinking.

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

I don’t like it when people say stuff like: “Nobody knows what to do, these professions are new” or: “You probably do too little PvP to understand”.

This is very pretentious. The game is not that complex. It’s very, very easy to learn well enough by PvP level 21 even if you’re not that smart. Veterans on this game and other similar games like to pretend that they know much more than people who’ve played less but I have to reiterate: the game is not that complex. There’s only so much to know and learn and actually I think most of us have a pretty good idea already of how to play the rev and other elite specs.

Like Ilharn said, there is counter-play. I personally promise you that counter-play exists. Stop whining and start thinking.

I’m not the one who started this argument anyway lol.

It is you guys who brought up the “95% people are clueless” theory.
Chances are the people who brought up those could most likely be that 95% too, yet they always think they’re that 5%.

Also if you really do pvp “ON A NORMAL RATE” (doesn’t even need to be hardcore, just a little bit everyday), you should be rank 80 ages ago.
The ranking is SO EASY now that if you really do not need to play much to get to rank 80. Since the game is out for a very long now, If you still stay in low rank by now, it is evident enough you’re VERY NEW TO PVP, and are most likely less experience and less knowledgeable about each and every classes.

Using extremely rare out-liars of low matches skillful players as an excuse for your own inactivity, and falsely thought you’re very successful/ experience despite playing so few pvp matches is just a false assumption.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

CLOSED!(Out Dated)

in Revenant

Ilharn.6813

I’m not the one who started this argument anyway lol.

It is you guys who brought up the “95% people are clueless” theory.
Chances the people who brought up those could most likely be that 95% too, yet they always think they’re that 5%.

Also if you really do pvp “ON A NORMAL RATE” (doesn’t even need to be hardcore, just a little bit everyday), you should be rank 80 ages ago.
The ranking is SO EASY now that if you really do not need to play much to get to rank 80. Since the game is out for a very long now, If you still stay in low rank by now, it is evident enough you’re VERY NEW TO PVP, and are most likely less experience and less knowledgeable about each and every classes.

Using extremely rare out-liars of low matches skillful players as an excuse for your own inactivity, and falsely thought you’re very successful/ experience despite playing so few pvp matches is just a false assumption.

And that’s it… I am NOT that experienced in PvP… I am NOT that kind of player Who know all the tactics and classes as you do (as you said) but the noobish average player knows how to counterplay and you don’t?

You should think about why you don’t know but me. I learned it very fast and I know you can learn it too. I believe in you…